Krapperdink as the Hawks QB or...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":14f3nt7n said:
kearly":14f3nt7n said:
IIRC, Kaepernick was the only QB to have consensus approval in Seattle's war room the year he was drafted. Dalton was graded a bit higher by JS, but Dalton had his detractors. It's pretty neat to think about it- if Seattle had succeeded in trading down a few spots and things had fallen a certain way, it's very possible that Kaepernick could be our QB right now, and Wilson would probably be in Philly with Andy Reid who'd probably have kept his job. And we'd all be saying "what ifs."

If we had Kaepernick I'd be fine with it. That said, I'm not sure Kaepernick would work nearly as well for Pete. Pete's Mr. conservative on offense- he really does need a veteran/smarts type QB to lead his offense. Harbaugh is much more daring and much better at tuning an offense for his QB. Luckily for us, Wilson is an elite talent that happens to fit Carroll's tendencies like a glove.I Kaepernick wouldn't. I still think Kaepernick would be decent for us, but he'd probably end up more like Josh Freeman or Tarvaris Jackson than what he's become in SF.

No offense, but this isn't really true. Carroll's said, a few times, Kaep was high on their board as a RUNNER, nothing about being a QB. In fact, he kind of called like "we'd draft him as an athlete"...they didn't see a true option as a passer.

I know the trend is to give in, and say respect Kap on the field. But I dont, at all. Harbaugh's an offensive mind that rivals any, ever. Add to Harbaugh's brilliance a ready made roster, complete with OL, and I'd QB 4 wins on that squad.

Kap's a Don Majkowski, a Bosworth, a Jim McMahon, Kordell, a fluke, a gimmick. Any QB could win 12 games with Harbaugh and that OL. ANY QB.

Kap adds the athlete element...great...good luck.

XOXO

JJ Stokes
Don't hold back there.:)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":ic0rpok7 said:
Yep.

To make it simple for our 49er friends. Wilson is Montana, Papaki is Favre.

Wilson is Brady, Papaki is Peyton Manning.

That OLine of SF is better than the old Fouts line, he will get away with a lot. But a true legend is unique and redefines greatness.

Papaki will rush for 190 yards in a blowout.

Wilson will rush for 15 yards and 4 first downs.

It is all about will and heart. Russell Wilson has no peer.
Exactly, but would add that Wilson is Aikman also, no eye popping statistics just going to win multiple Superbowls. The 1990's Cowboys and the current iteration of the Seahawks are incredibly similar just check the history of that team compared to ours. Now imagine if Jimmy Johnson didn't have to deal with an egomaniacal owner...

mretrade

Reaction score
The NFL Forum here should be renamed 49ers forum. The top 5-6 topics on here are related about the 49ers, Kaepernick, Harbaugh etc. It seems Seahawk fans spend a lot more time thinking/discussing the 49ers than the 49ers' fans do about the Seahawks.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think 90% of the Seahawk fans are lying to themselves in this thread. If Kaepernick was our quarterback, and he was leading our team to wins we would love him. Including his bicep kissing. Most of us would love the amount of brashness our starting QB was bringing to the team.

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":37gcrt7g said:
I think 90% of the Seahawk fans are lying to themselves in this thread. If Kaepernick was our quarterback, and he was leading our team to wins we would love him. Including his bicep kissing. Most of us would love the amount of brashness our starting QB was bringing to the team.

That's truth.

What I said too.

Giedi

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3oa73pjv said:
Giedi":3oa73pjv said:
Decimation":3oa73pjv said:
Thanks for the laugh.
I wouldn't laugh too hard if I were you. Harbaugh has a lifetime winning percentage of .700+ Pete is a d@mn fine Defensive Coach, but it's a quarterback centered league now and while Pete was a pretty good defensive coach for the 49ers under Seifert and learned the ins and outs of the WCO under Seifert, his particular QB heritage isn't as rich (in my opinion) when compared to Harbaugh's pupils.

Just an opinion. Don't string me up yet! :mrgreen: At least wait till the regular season!

Harbafreak is a gold mine of laughs that only grows stronger as time passes. We love the guy.
Sherman is a pretty interesting fellow too. There are characters that we all love to hate on both teams. No surprise there. What I will say is that what really matters is what happens on the gridiron. Both sides can talk all they want about all the bulletin board board materials that each team puts up there for the other team, but it becomes worthless if it doesn't win the game for the respective teams.

Personally, it's the matchups that concern me. I think the Seahawks have a fine QB, and a very strong running game, those kinds of matchups concern me more than who said what to who on what radio or tv station.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
JSeahawks":rzclcp2q said:
My original post is upthread (I said I would never mind if Kaep were ours but I would have huge issues with his demeanor) so to be clear if this were the shack I would say far more than...what an asinine statement. I prefer Wilson because I grew up in San Francisco when Montana played and Wilson is a mirror image of him he has the mental part of game down cold while Kaep like Cam have the physicality down like Elway and Marino. He will be successful it's just that he will need to get out of the NFCW and maybe the NFC to really have a chance.:)

And for the poster above if you have an issue talking about your rival in a open NFL forum and about the only team and organization fully capable of stopping our probable dominance and possible dynasty then just wait to July 24th when we get to talk about reality again. Relax hon the season is coming fast and Sept 15 should get you in the correct frame of mind.

Giedi

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":ay13ljlr said:
Giedi":ay13ljlr said:
I think Russell is a great talent. If he was with the 49ers, he'd probably be much more advanced than he is with the seahawks. Nothing against Darrell Bevell or Carl Smith. But I think a former NFL QB who's played a the highest level for 14+ years coaching him would make Russell a much better QB than he is right now. But I''m mindful of the fact that he's a hell of a QB already right now.

This is a frankly laughable and weak suggestion, dripping in filthy 49ers homerism.

For starters, Russell Wilson just equalled the record for touchdown passes in a season by a rookie. Equal with Peyton Manning. He beat the other two storied rookie QB's, including Andrew Luck who threw many more times in a pass happy offense and happens to be a Harbaugh protege.

How much better exactly could Wilson be realistically?

If you're going to tell me he could've done even better, I need to know how exactly. I need specifics. I watched all of his game's last year and he couldn't have achieved any more. And if it wasn't for others letting him down in Atlanta with that shocking first half performance, we would've had another Niners-Hawks game in the Bay. The fact it was even remotely possible by the end of the divisional round was all down to Wilson.

And if QB coaching ability is enhanced in such a fashion by experience in the league, why aren't all the top NFL head coaches all former top quarterbacks? Why is Kaepernick - as brilliant an athlete and dynamic playmaker that he is - still a dear in headlights at times when he faces pressure? Immediately looking down at the line instead of keeping his eyes downfield, he was consistently distracted under duress last year - the one big flaw to an otherwise sensational first year as a starter. But surely he should have flawless technique by now having enjoyed two years under Harbaugh's leadership?

For what it's worth, you'll struggle to find one glaring issue with Wilson's game.

I only watched a couple of russell's games, so I clearly dont' know his game as completely as you do. What I will say is that between the Redskin playoff game and the Atlanta Playoff game, there was that turnover by Wilson. Not saying Harbaugh would have had done a better job of coaching vs bevel and smith, but that was the difference between the Redskin game and the Atlanta game, I think. Wilson had no turnovers vs the Redskins while he had one against Atlanta. His game can improve, as young as he is, and as fantastic a QB he is already. All the young QB's can improve their game with better coaching.

Now the real question you are asking is why would Harbaugh be a better coach than Bevell? Personally, I think the difference would be on the O Line. I think either you'd have better O line personnel or deeper O Line depth. Both Bevell and Harbaugh believe a QBs best friend is a good strong running game, and while Bevell would probably scheme as well as anybody in the NFL, he's not the HC. I believe that Bevell, if he was HC (like Harbaugh is) would have shored up that O Line. Again, I have nothing but respect for what Bevell did in Green Bay, Minnesota, and with you last year. I'm a bit disappointed that the lack of depth on the Seattle O Line wasn't addressed real well this year.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
mretrade":tpzo5gjx said:
The NFL Forum here should be renamed 49ers forum. The top 5-6 topics on here are related about the 49ers, Kaepernick, Harbaugh etc. It seems Seahawk fans spend a lot more time thinking/discussing the 49ers than the 49ers' fans do about the Seahawks.

You have to admit that most of that has to do with the Niners fans her keeping threads going.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Giedi":35ju8v00 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":35ju8v00 said:
Giedi":35ju8v00 said:
I think Russell is a great talent. If he was with the 49ers, he'd probably be much more advanced than he is with the seahawks. Nothing against Darrell Bevell or Carl Smith. But I think a former NFL QB who's played a the highest level for 14+ years coaching him would make Russell a much better QB than he is right now. But I''m mindful of the fact that he's a hell of a QB already right now.

This is a frankly laughable and weak suggestion, dripping in filthy 49ers homerism.

For starters, Russell Wilson just equalled the record for touchdown passes in a season by a rookie. Equal with Peyton Manning. He beat the other two storied rookie QB's, including Andrew Luck who threw many more times in a pass happy offense and happens to be a Harbaugh protege.

If you're going to tell me he could've done even better, I need to know how exactly. I need specifics. I watched all of his game's last year and he couldn't have achieved any more. And if it wasn't for others letting him down in Atlanta with that shocking first half performance, we would've had another Niners-Hawks game in the Bay. The fact it was even remotely possible by the end of the divisional round was all down to Wilson.

And if QB coaching ability is enhanced in such a fashion by experience in the league, why aren't all the top NFL head coaches all former top quarterbacks? Why is Kaepernick - as brilliant an athlete and dynamic playmaker that he is - still a dear in headlights at times when he faces pressure? Immediately looking down at the line instead of keeping his eyes downfield, he was consistently distracted under duress last year - the one big flaw to an otherwise sensational first year as a starter. But surely he should have flawless technique by now having enjoyed two years under Harbaugh's leadership?

For what it's worth, you'll struggle to find one glaring issue with Wilson's game.

I only watched a couple of russell's games, so I clearly dont' know his game as completely as you do. What I will say is that between the Redskin playoff game and the Atlanta Playoff game, there was that turnover by Wilson. Not saying Harbaugh would have had done a better job of coaching vs bevel and smith, but that was the difference between the Redskin game and the Atlanta game, I think. Wilson had no turnovers vs the Redskins while he had one against Atlanta. His game can improve, as young as he is, and as fantastic a QB he is already. All the young QB's can improve their game with better coaching.

You mean the interception that Wilson threw on a hail mary at the end of the game? Why would you hold that against him?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bigtrain21":w085kjhz said:
You mean the interception that Wilson threw on a hail mary at the end of the game? Why would you hold that against him?

Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus both ignore interceptions thrown by QBs if they are behind in the last two minutes of the 4th quarter, lol. Nobody should hold Hail Mary ints at the end of a game against any QB.

Giedi

Reaction score
pehawk":3hf7fnzx said:
kearly":3hf7fnzx said:
IIRC, Kaepernick was the only QB to have consensus approval in Seattle's war room the year he was drafted. Dalton was graded a bit higher by JS, but Dalton had his detractors. It's pretty neat to think about it- if Seattle had succeeded in trading down a few spots and things had fallen a certain way, it's very possible that Kaepernick could be our QB right now, and Wilson would probably be in Philly with Andy Reid who'd probably have kept his job. And we'd all be saying "what ifs."

If we had Kaepernick I'd be fine with it. That said, I'm not sure Kaepernick would work nearly as well for Pete. Pete's Mr. conservative on offense- he really does need a veteran/smarts type QB to lead his offense. Harbaugh is much more daring and much better at tuning an offense for his QB. Luckily for us, Wilson is an elite talent that happens to fit Carroll's tendencies like a glove. Kaepernick wouldn't. I still think Kaepernick would be decent for us, but he'd probably end up more like Josh Freeman or Tarvaris Jackson than what he's become in SF.

No offense, but this isn't really true. Carroll's said, a few times, Kaep was high on their board as a RUNNER, nothing about being a QB. In fact, he kind of called like "we'd draft him as an athlete"...they didn't see a true option as a passer.

I know the trend is to give in, and say respect Kap on the field. But I dont, at all. Harbaugh's an offensive mind that rivals any, ever. Add to Harbaugh's brilliance a ready made roster, complete with OL, and I'd QB 4 wins on that squad.

Kap's a Don Majkowski, a Bosworth, a Jim McMahon, Kordell, a fluke, a gimmick. Any QB could win 12 games with Harbaugh and that OL. ANY QB.

Kap adds the athlete element...great...good luck.

XOXO

JJ Stokes

I think both QB's are fantastic QB's. I agree and say Wilson would be awesome in the 49er offense, and I will venture out a guess that Colin would do as well in the Seattle offense too, at his stage of development. The pistol fits perfectly with what they do, and with both QB's having a powerful ground game and great mobility, that read-option really gives defenses a lot of headaches. A win depends on good play from all phases of the game, the fact that both teams have great QB's doesn't mean they win the game, even Terry Bradshaw and Ben Rothlesburger lost games despite throwing 300+ yards. I would call the offenses even, and the difference being the other phases of the game.

Giedi

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ii5f4oe said:
bigtrain21":3ii5f4oe said:

Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus both ignore interceptions thrown by QBs if they are behind in the last two minutes of the 4th quarter, lol. Nobody should hold Hail Mary ints at the end of a game against any QB.

True, not all turnovers are created equal, and I've tried finding an article I read a long time ago on Bill Walsh and first half turnovers. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore. The gist of it was that turnovers in general are bad, and turnovers at the end of the first half, specially passing interceptions are really bad. I can't remember much of the article but what I remember was that it kills momentum, if you have it, and retards momentum in the 2nd half if it happens.

Anyway, the bottom line is that Seattle wasn't able to score in the first half, while the 49ers were able to. Also the 49er qb didn't throw an interception.

Giedi

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
JSeahawks":wexa7411 said:

Most. But not all.

I could dislike Bosworth off the field, and still cheer his play on it. A douche bag is a douche bag.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Giedi":318sfmqz said:
RolandDeschain":318sfmqz said:
bigtrain21":318sfmqz said:

True, not all turnovers are created equal, and I've tried finding an article I read a long time ago on Bill Walsh and first half turnovers. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore. The gist of it was that turnovers in general are bad, and turnovers at the end of the first half, specially passing interceptions are really bad. I can't remember much of the article but what I remember was that it kills momentum, if you have it, and retards momentum in the 2nd half if it happens.

Anyway, the bottom line is that Seattle wasn't able to score in the first half, while the 49ers were able to. Also the 49er qb didn't throw an interception.

Giedi
You should have stopped at I only watched a couple of Russell games, it was the end of your credibility.
I watched every Hawk game. Every Kaepernick game. Every Luck game. Every RGIII game.

And I still can't tell you which one will be the best. But I can tell you it won't be Kaepernick. Part of the reason I think your coach is a genius is that he (and one of the best O-lines in all ball) hide Kaepernick's flaws well. Now, in Kaep's defense I have disliked a lot about him since his senior bowl week so I have a bias, but it isn't a Niner thing. The other 3? I love their mental approach to the game.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Geidi do you know what a hail Mary is? Your making it very obvious that you went to the stat sheet to try and dig something up you could use but all you accomplished is to make yourself look uniformed.

As for the scoring or not in the first half Lynch was playing on a sprained ankle compliments of FedEx field and had a critical fumble in that game. We also were on week two of back to back east coast travel and playing at a 10:00am start. Comparatively your offense was basically healthy minus Manningham and Williams of which neither were starters or game changers, playing your first week of travel at a later start time.

How do you think you would have done if Gore wete playing injured? Or at a 10:00am start? Remember the only team you could beat at 10:00am was the Jets.

The whole season was a hairs breath from us being the #2 seed and you being the #5. If you had to play NE or GB at 10:00am that probably isn't the case.

Giedi

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2tc4rg1m said:
Giedi":2tc4rg1m said:
RolandDeschain said:

Giedi
You should have stopped at I only watched a couple of Russell games, it was the end of your credibility.
I watched every Hawk game. Every Kaepernick game. Every Luck game. Every RGIII game.

And I still can't tell you which one will be the best. But I can tell you it won't be Kaepernick. Part of the reason I think your coach is a genius is that he (and one of the best O-lines in all ball) hide Kaepernick's flaws well. Now, in Kaep's defense I have disliked a lot about him since his senior bowl week so I have a bias, but it isn't a Niner thing. The other 3? I love their mental approach to the game.
[/quote][/quote]
I admitted that I didn't watch a lot of Russell. I was up front with that. What I will say about Russell is that - like any other QB in the NFL - pressure will make their QB rating drop. Same with Kaepernick. The point I'm trying to make is that O line affects the QB as much as a good WR will. The 49ers have solid O Lines, and up and comming Wr's. Russell has the Wr's with Harvin and Harper, but as formidable as your offfense is, I think the achillies heel will be that O line. I'm not saying your team will underperform, but an injury to Clemons and all of a sudden the Seahawk defense became ordinary. An injury to a key O line player might take Russel from godlike to merely very good. One reason Seattle didn't get to the superbowl was lack of championship depth.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Giedi":29y46jz9 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":29y46jz9 said:
Giedi":29y46jz9 said:

Now the real question you are asking is why would Harbaugh be a better coach than Bevell? Personally, I think the difference would be on the O Line. I think either you'd have better O line personnel or deeper O Line depth. Both Bevell and Harbaugh believe a QBs best friend is a good strong running game, and while Bevell would probably scheme as well as anybody in the NFL, he's not the HC. I believe that Bevell, if he was HC (like Harbaugh is) would have shored up that O Line. Again, I have nothing but respect for what Bevell did in Green Bay, Minnesota, and with you last year. I'm a bit disappointed that the lack of depth on the Seattle O Line wasn't addressed real well this year.

No, the request I made was for you to give me specific examples where Harbaugh's influence would've led to a superior performance from Wilson last year compared to the collective efforts of Carroll, Bevell and Cable. And I'm still waiting.

I'm not being funny, but you're clearly well out of your depth commenting on the Seahawks. As others have noted, the "turnover" against Atlanta was a hail mary final play of the game. Clearly you're just looking at the box score and cobbling together an opinion on the move. And Seattle's offensive line was more than adequate last year, so the whole second paragraph makes no sense to me at all.