Kris Richard interview requested for Head Coach Vacancy

Seymour

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":v4is5rf1 said:
MontanaHawk05":v4is5rf1 said:
McD willl probably get it over Richard, Cable, or anyone else who interviews.

PLEASE take Bevell. I'll buy you a Men's Room Original and a Beer to sweeten the deal!

That tweaker would prob. prefer oxycontin.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
That said I'm not entirely convinced Kris Richard is the answer. Too many 3rd & longs given up with the game in the balance, and to me that's coaching. But overall, he hasn't been "terrible." I'd argue he's better at his job than Bevell, Cable, and a decent amount of coordinators, whatever that's worth.

I'm not sure what other coordinators would have been much better in his shoes but...that's just me missing Dan Quinn, who was perfect for us

adeltaY

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3a25twxp said:
getnasty":3a25twxp said:
Its called the Rooney Rule he's not getting the job after this year's performance.

Would anyone be saying this if it was Cable or Bevell going in for an interview? Kind of unnecessary. It presumes Kris Richard, by whatever logic has to be "GREAT" in order to get an interview. In comparison to Cable or other coordinators around the league who simply have to be average. Careful with that logic.....

**Also, Richard was not bad this year. The defense held up decently despite the injuries and the O's performance

25th in points allowed after we lost Kam and Sherm...

Subzero717

Reaction score
getnasty":vb6h0tya said:
Its called the Rooney Rule he's not getting the job after this year's performance.
Mike Vrabel is a candidate. Seriously.

I'm not the biggest Richard fam but we did beat the #1 offense in the league twice this year. Once with a decimated squad. Not sure what else he could have done.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Subzero717

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":ghnt8hy7 said:
RobDaHawk":ghnt8hy7 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":ghnt8hy7 said:
RobDaHawk":ghnt8hy7 said:
Didn't that already kind of happen with such a turnover of people in the secondary. (Injuries and such). I mean as it looks right now, that back four is gonna be quite different next season possibly.

Not really. Guess who Coached the DBs for the original LOB? I'll give you a clue. He is the same DC who pushed for Shaq.

Don't get me wrong, I like what we have back there currently and I really like the depth we've gathered this last season. Do you think they try to promote from within for DC if Richard does go or do we look elswhere?

My thoughts? Based on PC and JS? Recruit from within. Realistically though, PC is defensively minded and this backfill is mindless.
Gus Bradley only signed a one year deal with the Chargers. He could come back if Richard leaves.

Honestly there isn't anyone on this staff that is ideal. Not like in 2013 where there were several candidates.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Subzero717":19zf7w82 said:
getnasty":19zf7w82 said:

I'm not the biggest Richard fam but we did beat the #1 offense in the league twice this year. Once with a decimated squad. Not sure what else he could have done.

Richard is one of the best secondary coaches in NFL history.

Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas, Griffin, Browner, Thurmond, Shead, etc. Look at Maxwell here vs. Maxwell elsewhere.

He deserves more respect than he receives by some.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Bevell for about the 4th year in a row is not going to get an interview. Richard I think deserves some credit for piecing it together with so many injuries. He's also a guy who will do well in an interview. I hope he stays but would be happy for him to get a chance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Subzero717":1gcyvcbm said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1gcyvcbm said:
RobDaHawk":1gcyvcbm said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1gcyvcbm said:
Not really. Guess who Coached the DBs for the original LOB? I'll give you a clue. He is the same DC who pushed for Shaq.

Don't get me wrong, I like what we have back there currently and I really like the depth we've gathered this last season. Do you think they try to promote from within for DC if Richard does go or do we look elswhere?

My thoughts? Based on PC and JS? Recruit from within. Realistically though, PC is defensively minded and this backfill is mindless.
Gus Bradley only signed a one year deal with the Chargers. He could come back if Richard leaves.

Honestly there isn't anyone on this staff that is ideal. Not like in 2013 where there were several candidates.

Hell to the NO! Great coach, great guy, beyond horrible in game play caller. His softzone schemes in the last minute singlehandedly cost us the Atlanta playoff game Russ’ rookie year.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1ht8m6zq said:
Dear Mr. Irsay,

Please feel free to hire Mr. Bevell as your next head coach. If you take Mr. Cable also, we will throw in a year's supply of hookers and blow. Thank you.

- The 12s

I will give you my first born.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
smashmouth59":31qbh06n said:
WmHBonney":31qbh06n said:
Dear Mr. Irsay,

Please feel free to hire Mr. Bevell as your next head coach. If you take Mr. Cable also, we will throw in a year's supply of hookers and blow. Thank you.

- The 12s

I will give you my first born.

Does he need a spleen? I have a spleen.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
hawknation2017":11s6uti6 said:
Subzero717":11s6uti6 said:
getnasty":11s6uti6 said:

Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas, Griffin, Browner, Thurmond, Shead, etc. Look at Maxwell here vs. Maxwell elsewhere.

100%

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1wuaanwq said:
Subzero717":1wuaanwq said:
getnasty":1wuaanwq said:

Absolutely. All in all with what we have been through injury wise we ended up 11th in points.

Mike Vrabel who is a "hot candidate" had his squad come in at a very respectable 32nd out of 32 teams.

getnasty

Reaction score
My bad people I wasn't trying to come across as disrespectful. I'm just saying in my opinion the rule is why he's being brought in. I think he's a terrific coach and architect behind the LOB I also think he's in line to be a head coach just have a hard time believing be gets a job after a down year here. Anyways my apologies to everyone