Hire another USC Head Coach?

ivotuk

Reaction score
On Thursday’s edition of Seattle Sports’ Brock and Salk, former NFL quarterback and current FOX college football analyst Brock Huard detailed who he thinks would fit that bill.

“Well, look at all the coaches who’ve been fired: Pete, defensive guy. Ron Rivera, defensive guy. They’re all defensive guys,” Huard said. “The most unconventional would be Lincoln Riley.”
Offense is the name of the game for Riley’s Trojans, who led by star quarterback Caleb Williams scored 40 points or more in nine of their 13 games.

“If you were just to say, ‘Who’s the most brilliant offensive mind and schemer and game planner and playcaller going?’ Lincoln Riley’s on that list,” Huard said. “He’s really, really good.”

That was made clear by the fact that with Williams sitting out the Holiday Bowl, the Trojans were still able to fly high on offense with redshirt sophomore Miller Moss taking over at QB.

“Six touchdown passes by Miller Moss in the bowl game just kind of reaffirmed that once again,” Huard said.

Huard compared Riley to Rams coach Sean McVay, another young and well regarded offensive mind

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, we want something different, Riley would quality. And he's a damn good coach.
Brock Huard knows his stuff, if he's on board, I'm def. on board.

NoGain

Reaction score
Yeah, I posted this in another thread awhile back. I followed Riley pretty close in recent years because my partner is a Sooner. He's no doubt a great offensive coach, coordinator, and QB whisperer. I just wonder if he would make for a good NFL head coach, a leader of adult grown men? I'm not exactly sure why I'm saying this, but it's something that immediately came to mind when I first heard of this idea.