Kuechly wins DPOY

JKent82

Reaction score
Stupid. Agree that it seems forced.

Watt even with a 2-14 squad, Bowman, Mathis or Quinn, Sherman, Earl all could be above him.

HawkWow

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2dh45c31 said:
our problem was an embarrassment of riches, they attract attention from each other splitting votes and guys not sure which way to go may go another way altogether. In the end it'd be a nice feather for either one but don't imagine it's the last crack either of them will get at that honor. Bigger prize awaits.

I was just about to post something similar. ET and Sherm may have actually canceled each other out...or at least provided the voters that excuse.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Thanks for the motivation for the D. Now, Sherm and ET, go f*** some s*** up tomorrow!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Geologic":lk14ghgb said:
It should have been Watt. He wasn't even the best Linebacker. Bowman played better then him.

Watt? Huh? He wasn't even the best DL this year, much less DPOY.

It should have been Quinn, Sherman or Thomas IMO. Unfortunately Sherman and Thomas probably took votes away from each other.

And Kuechly was the best LB this year.. not Bowman, who was outstanding, but Kuechly was so instrumental in that Panther defense. And I saw someone else mention Bowman had better stats... Kuechly had more combined tackles and INT's than Bowman .. Bowman had more solo tackles, sacks and FF's .. so it was pretty damn close.

CANHawk

Reaction score
:twisted:

I'm so happy it turned out this way. Do you have any idea how disrespected the LOB is going to feel tomorrow? Remember Sherman after the pro bowl snub? Those boys are going to straight up swagger-jack the broncos. Thanks NFL!

plyka

Reaction score
Monistat":3kjagsv6 said:
seadoc30":3kjagsv6 said:
This is pathetic. If it was going to be a LB, it should've been Bowmen.. The dude had twice better stats, played alongside P.Willis, on a top defense. Kuechly is an excellent tackler, but is average in coverage.

I guess Kuechly is the new generation NFL poster boy (White, well spoken, well dressed guy)

Agree with the fact it should of been Bowmen over Luke. Bowmens stats put Luke to shame. As much as i wanted Sherman or E.T. i thought Quinn would win it, show's how much i know.

The seahawks are the best defense in the league. The niners, despite my dislike for them, are the second best defense. The NFC west is the best conference for defense. Yet none of them win? Ridiculous.

seadoc30

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":22spsuaz said:
And Kuechly was the best LB this year.. not Bowman, who was outstanding, but Kuechly was so instrumental in that Panther defense. And I saw someone else mention Bowman had better stats... Kuechly had more combined tackles and INT's than Bowman .. Bowman had more solo tackles, sacks and FF's .. so it was pretty damn close.

10 more tackles makes him better? Yes he had 2 more INTs, but Bowman had 4 FF, a TD, 3 more sacks, more solo tackles, while sharing his tackles number with All-pro P.Willis. Apart from stats, 49ers ask their 2 middle linebackers to cover essentially the whole middle of the field a swell as maintaining their gaps too. Plus, I would take Bowman over Kuechly in the cover game all day long.. That INT difference doesn't tell the whole story.

Kuechly is a fantastic player but the only thing he has over Bowman is his White color and appearance. The NFL need a few role model guys like that.

HansGruber

Reaction score
And RG3 won rookie of the year last year. These awards mean nothing.

Actually, we have a team that feeds on disrespect. What better than to name Manning the MVP and deny the Legion of Boom? They'll have a point to prove tomorrow and I can't wait to see it.

OP
OP
Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HansGruber":jnxgmsj5 said:
And RG3 won rookie of the year last year. These awards mean nothing.

Actually, we have a team that feeds on disrespect. What better than to name Manning the MVP and deny the Legion of Boom? They'll have a point to prove tomorrow and I can't wait to see it.

This is very true. I can't imagine what kind of terror they're going to unleash tomorrow. You know they're pissed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Andrew Luck and Luke Kuechly are twins on opposite sides of the ball according to the media. Screw 'em, our guys are going to get what really matters tomorrow. I'm starting to think All-Pro is literally the only award I can trust.

penihawk

Reaction score
Geezuz what is with the race talk? Kuechly is a tackling machine but not the best LB in the league or D-poy. Sherman is the best corner in the league but does what he does in part due to what ET brings to the table. Nobody else in the league does what Earl does. He is by far the most important guy on our D and should have been the defensive player of the year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkWow":1jzrqook said:
flmmkrz":1jzrqook said:
our problem was an embarrassment of riches, they attract attention from each other splitting votes and guys not sure which way to go may go another way altogether. In the end it'd be a nice feather for either one but don't imagine it's the last crack either of them will get at that honor. Bigger prize awaits.

I was just about to post something similar. ET and Sherm may have actually canceled each other out...or at least provided the voters that excuse.

Conversely, you have a generationally good pass defense and none of them win it ? After these guys break up, you won't ever see a pass defense this good again. With salary cap and the rules of the game continuing to slant towards the offense, this is the pinnacle of what a defensive secondary can do. It's a shame not to reward them for it.

I get Mathis over Quinn, as he had more sacks and pressures. I don't understand how Sherman can be so low on the list, yet Revis was regarded so highly for doing the same thing....yet getting way less picks doing it.

I'd also agree Bowman is better than Kuechly. Bowman has more stops, run stuffs and TFL than Kuechly does. Watch a Panthers game. Kuechly is a great player but 1/3 of his tackles are 7 yards downfield cleaning up. It was like some of those years Urlacher had great tackle totals....but all those tackles were 5-7 yards downfield. I'd take a guy making the tackle at the line of scrimmage over the guy that has to wait for the OL wash to go by him so he can make a play. Kuechly doesn't defeat a lot of blocks. Bowman does. And like has been mentioned, he has to compete with Willis to do it.

LargentFan

Reaction score
blazen2392":wx7ct2gq said:
JJ watt ... looks like a grown adult playing with children out there. Its ridiculous.

Agreed. That dude reminds me of Lynch in that you never doubt for a moment that he is putting all he has into every play. I love our guys but I'd do a backflip if somehow Watt came to our team.

Meeker

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29ci7lkn said:
Geologic":29ci7lkn said:
It should have been Watt. He wasn't even the best Linebacker. Bowman played better then him.

Watt? Huh? He wasn't even the best DL this year, much less DPOY.

Why? Because he didn't replicate his sack numbers? He actually generated more pressure this year in less snaps, despite the dip in sacks. Also, lets not forget he is a 3-4 DE, not a 4-3...I don't have a problem with anyone who says Quinn was the best DLineman in the NFL, but Watt is right there with him.

I would have liked to see Lavonte David get it. Knew Earl and Richard weren't going to get it as they would take votes away from eachother. Also, Earl and Richard were not snubbed, that would imply they were MORE deserving. They were right in the hunt, but there wasn't a large gap.

randomation

Reaction score
Watt Bowman Sherman Quinn Thomas are all way better then Luke, honestly I don't think Luke is even the best defensive player on the panthers but he is a clean cut soft spoken guy on the east coast who has hyped up from the day he entered the league. He benefits extremely from a very freaking good d line especially Hardy. Yes he has a ridiculous number of tackles so does their other primary LB the way the panthers D works the LBs make a lot of tackles.

Uthawk

Reaction score
How did Bowman not even get votes!? Here is the breakdown:

Luke Kuechly 19
Robert Mathis 11½
Earl Thomas 7½
Robert Quinn 6
Richard Sherman 4
J.J. Watt 2

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ed6dzbv said:
Kuechly is a great player but 1/3 of his tackles are 7 yards downfield cleaning up. It was like some of those years Urlacher had great tackle totals....but all those tackles were 5-7 yards downfield. I'd take a guy making the tackle at the line of scrimmage over the guy that has to wait for the OL wash to go by him so he can make a play. Kuechly doesn't defeat a lot of blocks. Bowman does. And like has been mentioned, he has to compete with Willis to do it.

This.

Exactly why I was never high on Hawthorn when he was with the Hawks. Nice tackle total, all going the wrong way.

DistantHawk

Reaction score
Increasing the chip on the shoulder, all the more motivation for tomorrow. Excellent. :stirthepot:

SuperFreak

Reaction score
CANHawk":1iqnrnqu said:
:twisted:

I'm so happy it turned out this way. Do you have any idea how disrespected the LOB is going to feel tomorrow? Remember Sherman after the pro bowl snub? Those boys are going to straight up swagger-jack the broncos. Thanks NFL!

This guy gets it.

:13:

Latest posts