Kyle Shanahan and Matt Ryan's 99 yd drive vs Seahawks

Josea16

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1ywzc05v said:
FalconsFanNW":1ywzc05v said:
Hasselbeck":1ywzc05v said:
This game feels like XLVIII to me, only with the Patriots being us. The team with the #1 defense has won every aside from the year a ridiculously stacked Niners team won (1st offense, 3rd defense) over Denver in a 55-10 rout.

I just think the Falcons had the easiest path to the Super Bowl they could have hoped for.

The difference is though this #1 Pats defense is not even close to the HISTORIC 2013 Seattle defense.

The Pats played a schedule full of Tyrod Taylors, Landry Joneses and Ryan Fitzpatricks. The best (and only good QB they faced outside of maybe Flacco) was Wilson... and they lost that game. The Pats gave up 1000 yards more than the 2013 Seahawks did... there's really no comparison. The Pats are #1 in scoring, #16 in DVOA. The Falcons have beaten the #1 and #3 teams in DVOA.

The Pats have faced nothing even close to what Atlanta is going to bring on Sunday.

As for the easiest road to the Super Bowl... I'd agree. I was calling for it from the beginning. Seattle at home... then Dallas losing to GB and that's exactly what happened. Honestly though I'd have been just as comfortable going into Dallas as I am now going into Houston.

Regarding the 99 yard drive... I agree with everyone saying the Falcons offense is fun to watch. It really is. The thing about that drive was it starting on the 1/2 yard line and Ryan coming out in the shotgun.

No fear. As a fan I think the Falcons can score on every drive... unfortunately they don't though... only about 53% of the time. :mrgreen:

Shanahan? He won't have the same weapons in SF that's for sure. Good luck Kyle.

Since there's an opening for an OC after Sunday on the Falcons. There's a great offensive mind in Seattle...his name is Tom Cable. FalconsFanNW can give the message to Dan Q? Tom would be a great coordinator for the Falcons next season and beyond.
If only Pete saw reality which I seriously question at this point.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3ic8oo90 said:
Shanahan? He won't have the same weapons in SF that's for sure. Good luck Kyle.
Losing him is really going to hurt your offense next year. Better prepare yourself.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
What the hell ever happened to our dominating, intimidating press man coverage? Why are our DBs routinely playing 7 yards back or more?

I understand Atl has loaded WRs and Pete doesn't want our DBs getting beat deep like the 3rd qtr in the 1st game, but this soft coverage needs adjustments. This soft zone philosophy cannot all be attributed to the defensive holding emphasis a couple years ago. Ryan just tore apart that zone all day.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing, West. Watching Sherman start off so far back just makes little sense to me. :(

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
nash72":29lm3hnx said:
Sgt. Largent":29lm3hnx said:
But yes, the Hawk's D has ALWAYS been predictable under Pete. Because the way Pete and John is not about scheme, it's been about being bigger, faster, stronger and more physical than you. So try to beat us if you can.

Unfortunately since 2013 the D hasn't held their end of that scheme philosophy. Thus 99 yard drives.

The sad thing is we'll go into 2017 with the same philosophy and fail yet again. At what point does that philosophy get abandoned?

Probably when the Seahawks stop getting ten wins and a playoff berth every year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This drive was such a back-breaker. Just brutal.

Can't say Atlanta didn't earn that win.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
HawkFan72":iuqtec7z said:
This drive was such a back-breaker. Just brutal.

Can't say Atlanta didn't earn that win.

Yeah I was in the game thread over at Seahawk Blue and called the TD before the first snap from the shotgun at the 1/2 yard line... Nothing but confidence in this offense.

As for Shanahan next year... Sure losing him is gonna hurt. But hopefully the next guy (Chip Kelly?) can do a nice job!

nash72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":32vclfqr said:
nash72":32vclfqr said:
Sgt. Largent":32vclfqr said:
But yes, the Hawk's D has ALWAYS been predictable under Pete. Because the way Pete and John is not about scheme, it's been about being bigger, faster, stronger and more physical than you. So try to beat us if you can.

Unfortunately since 2013 the D hasn't held their end of that scheme philosophy. Thus 99 yard drives.

The sad thing is we'll go into 2017 with the same philosophy and fail yet again. At what point does that philosophy get abandoned?

Probably when the Seahawks stop getting ten wins and a playoff berth every year.

Wont be long