L.J. Collier Eager to Maintain Momentum in 2021

Jville

Reaction score
Good questions produce a good interviews. This one qualifies.

L.J. Collier Eager to Maintain Momentum, Silence Critics in Third NFL Season >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/silencing-critics-l-j-collier-eager-to-maintain-momentum-in-third-nfl-season[/urltargetblank]

Aiming to take another substantial step in his development, Collier continued to overhaul his offseason program this spring. While sticking with his strict nutrition plan, he started working out at the Sports Academy in Frisco, Texas twice a day, placing an emphasis on hand technique, pass rush counters, and disengaging from blocks.
Bearing the fruits of his labor, Collier reported to camp last month in what Carroll deemed "the best shape he's ever been." Still around 275 pounds, he has been seeing the bulk of his playing time in camp rotating with Robert Nkemdiche at the 3-tech and 5-tech positions. The two players are in the midst of a competition for a starting role alongside Poona Ford and either Al Woods or Bryan Mone at the nose tackle spot.

Enjoy :biggthumpup:

toffee

Reaction score
I am all for LJ, hope he will have a successful season. He might have choose the wrong words though, he ought to aim for a breakthrough season and not progress on momentum, Basing on last season's stats, don't think he has much momentum to talk about.

Go LJ.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
toffee":h7sqdaim said:
I am all for LJ, hope he will have a successful season. He might have choose the wrong words though, he ought to aim for a breakthrough season and not progress on momentum, Basing on last season's stats, don't think he has much momentum to talk about.

Go LJ.

I'd have to disagree. If he improves at the rate he did between season 1 and 2, he'll be an all pro by season 4. Momentum is the one thing he DOES have, other than seemingly having the clutch gene.

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1nkntd4r said:
toffee":1nkntd4r said:

Go LJ.

I'd have to disagree. If he improves at the rate he did between season 1 and 2, he'll be an all pro by season 4. Momentum is the one thing he DOES have, other than seemingly having the clutch gene.

You got a point, if he progress linearly, he shall have 9 sacks by season 4.

sdog1981

Reaction score
LJ Collier was the second most used DE on the team last season with 48% of defensive snaps or 560. Compared to his rookie year of 2019 he played 152 snaps which were 14% of defensive snaps that season.

The book is still out on Collier and right now I would say he is looking promising.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2th39i40 said:
What momentum?

It didn't occur to me that anyone would struggle with such a straight forward question and answer interview. :229031_shrug:

nanomoz

Reaction score
Collier made at least two game-altering plays last season, and showed a ton of promise as a part-time three technique. He's already superb in containment, something many fans just don't appreciate.

He's going to have a great season. And when he does, I hope the dozens of people that I've seen disparage him here (in large part because of where he was drafted, which is completely irrational) show up to eat crow.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jville":ng7o78g0 said:
pittpnthrs":ng7o78g0 said:
What momentum?

It didn't occur to me that anyone would struggle with such a straight forward question and answer interview. :229031_shrug:

Didnt read the interview, just the thread topic. When a player runs his mouth about how motivated he is and maintaining momentum and delivers practically nothing, i'm not interested. He'll be on a different team in a year or so. He's a bust.

toffee

Reaction score
LJ in 2020 vs Jarran Reed; If LJ could bulk up just a bit and improve his stats by 50% over 2020, we may be alright.

Size
LJ - 6'2", 291 lbs
Reed - 6'3", 306lbs

QB Hurries
LJ - 10
Reed - 7
LJ21 - 15

QB Knocked down
LJ - 4
Reed - 7
LJ21 - 6

Sacks
LJ - 3
Reed - 6.5
LJ21 - 4.5

QB Pressure
LJ - 17
Reed - 22
LJ21 - 25.5

Tackles
LJ - 22
Reed - 38
LJ21 - 33

Missed tackles
LJ - 1
Reed - 5

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3haspqwu said:
Jville":3haspqwu said:
pittpnthrs":3haspqwu said:
What momentum?

Didnt read the interview, just the thread topic. When a player runs his mouth about how motivated he is and maintaining momentum and delivers practically nothing, i'm not interested. He'll be on a different team in a year or so. He's a bust.

Didn't read the linked subject material? :Dunno: That certainly explains what's driving the noise.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
toffee":io9g24gp said:
LJ in 2020 vs Jarran Reed; If LJ could bulk up just a bit and improve his stats by 50% over 2020, we may be alright.

Size
LJ - 6'2", 291 lbs
Reed - 6'3", 306lbs

QB Hurries
LJ - 10
Reed - 7
LJ21 - 15

QB Knocked down
LJ - 4
Reed - 7
LJ21 - 6

Sacks
LJ - 3
Reed - 6.5
LJ21 - 4.5

QB Pressure
LJ - 17
Reed - 22
LJ21 - 25.5

Tackles
LJ - 22
Reed - 38
LJ21 - 33

Missed tackles
LJ - 1
Reed - 5

I don't think that clarifies or says much of anything useful. :229031_shrug:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":34h9v1pt said:
Didnt read the interview, just the thread topic. ... He's a bust.

This says a lot. About your stupid post, and about the present state of dot net.

Please notice, I attacked the post and not the poster. It was hard, but I did it. :mrgreen:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Just read it. What did I miss? He wants to continue his training program. Yipee. 21 tackles and 3 sacks last season. What a beast.

This should be his make or break season. If he has similar numbers to last season, its time to quit giving him a pass and accept he was a bust.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1sda38fm said:
Just read it. What did I miss? He wants to continue his training program. Yipee. 21 tackles and 3 sacks last season. What a beast.

This should be his make or break season. If he has similar numbers to last season, its time to quit giving him a pass and accept he was a bust.

Post is nothing but reactionary noise.

It's not possible to take in and comprehend an interview without genuine interest in what is asked and answered.

Perhaps the moderators will open up the game day forum during today's scrimmage for those starving to engage in reactionary outbursts.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
2. L.J. Collier had a strong practice.

With a pretty deep rotation at defensive end, it has been hard at times for any one player to stand out, but on Wednesday L.J. Collier made his presence felt on a few occasions, both in the running game, shooting into the backfield to blow up a run play, and as a pass-rusher, getting to Russell Wilson for a "sack." Heading into his third season, Collier is looking to build off of a strong sophomore campaign in which he started every game, and practices like Wednesday's showed he has the potential to make big plays both on the edge and as an interior pass-rusher.
[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/5-observations-from-day-11-of-seahawks-training-camp[/urltargetblank]