Lack of pass rush reminds of the Atlanta game

olyfan63

Reaction score
BC-Hawk":2vd29ar0 said:
Part of me is worried about Quinn dialing up a game plan when he's too busy fielding job interviews on the side.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. At least we know he's going to Atlanta. For now it looks like the distraction involves things like choosing Offensive Coordinators. He chose Kyle Shanahan. I hope that puts his mind at ease enough to focus on game plans now.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Without that Hail Mary 2 pointer .. this would have been the Atlanta game all over again. So thank god for Luke Willson and Clinton-Dix just freezing for no apparent reason on the pass.

As far as the pass rush, very frustrating that it wasn't there today, however.. Rodgers is a QB that will absolutely destroy you if you blitz. Rodgers did have ALL day to pass for much of the game, but I think that was kind of in their game-plan. I'm sure they wanted a lot more pressure with the DL today, but when you start to blitz that's when you get in trouble because rarely does that phase Rodgers.

I think the point about Brady not throwing deep anymore is very valid though.. Rodgers has a tremendous arm, so we essentially had to play a safer zone. We can definitely press their WR's and not be too overly concerned about being beat deep.

If I had to wager, I'd say the tape Quinn/Carroll will be watching extensively will be their games against the Jets.. as Rex Ryan always seemed to have a way to slow down the Patriots offense.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
There was a lot of uncalled holding that the Packers O-line got away with, IMO. I'm not very concerned about it, to be honest.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27c65ldk said:
There was a lot of uncalled holding that the Packers O-line got away with, IMO. I'm not very concerned about it, to be honest.
Yes this,,,,and the four still kept coming. IMO not 2012 team. Not sure how to put into words but our defense really played great today. Waiting for one of our intellects to translate. Lol

Boycie

Reaction score
Optimus25":11ccy0es said:
In the super bowl we definitely need to address our ends getting pushed out of the play. That was completely unacceptable all day long. Pursuing the qb is worthless if you end up 8 yds behind him.

i thought we were over pursuing Rodgers yesterday too. I think we did a better job later on in the game of just making the pocket shrink.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rodgers may not have been sacked, but he felt pressure. There were several throws where our downfield coverage kept him holding the ball for a minute and our DEs flushed him out. Rodgers just made throws outside the pocket. (Brady won't).

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":6meh374m said:
We can definitely press their WR's and not be too overly concerned about being beat deep .

I really hope you do. Not many people know this, but our receivers are great against press.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
oasis":4w5hchhi said:
It may just be me, but I think the pass rush was stonewalled by the packers offensive line. Aaron Rodgers had all day to throw. The loss of Hill was not so noticeable against the Panthers but was painfully obvious here. I hate to admit it, but this superbowl has the feel of the Atlanta game two years ago.
I'm chalking it up to a lack of game planning and preparation. Every single analyst who discussed this game over the past week pointed out that forcing Rogers to move was a huge key to this game. It sure looked as if we had nothing prepared to help facilitate this. I'm thinking our DC was too busy gallivanting around interviewing for other jobs and was too focused on putting together his own staff to spend a lot of time coming up with something special for Rogers.
... you know... sort of like what happened in that Atlanta game.

kearly

Reaction score
Green Bay has one of the best pass protecting OL in the NFL, and also one of the best blitz beating QBs of all time. They also have a RB that you have to respect. There might be two or three teams in the NFL that could protect against the blitz and Lacy and still get pressure with a four man rush. Seattle has a good DL, but not THAT good.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
kearly":2n43wxea said:
Green Bay has one of the best pass protecting OL in the NFL, and also one of the best blitz beating QBs of all time. They also have a RB that you have to respect. There might be two or three teams in the NFL that could protect against the blitz and Lacy and still get pressure with a four man rush. Seattle has a good DL, but not THAT good.

And without our own mistakes, they might not have gotten more than thirteen.

Hawks46

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3nu38bqw said:

LIke they're going to pull out a bunch of flags against NE and Brady in the Super Bowl ?

If anything, they'll get away with even more egregious holds.