Larry Fitzgerald Agrees to new 2 year deal with Cards

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":1qaph8jy said:
Popeyejones":1qaph8jy said:
The Hawks will still be the Hawks next year (although they're not likely to be better than they were last year or this year)

Whoa, whoa, whoa there. "Greater is coming" https://vimeo.com/119362723 We've been promised. ;)

Seriously, the off season is barely underway. Let's see what transpires and what their play on the field says about this. Ya gotta remember this is a very young team. The core group is gaining all sorts of experience (tasted the pinnacle as well as the extremely tough playoff and championship losses.) These guys know how to retool. Honestly, I don't think we've seen anything yet. The best is yet to come.

Uhhh, okay.

I guess saying that the 9ers will suck and that the Hawks are going to be the same team that has gone to the last two Super Bowls isn't good enough for you. Apologies. Username duly noted. ;)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":jdu15ztx said:
TeamoftheCentury":jdu15ztx said:
Popeyejones":jdu15ztx said:
The Hawks will still be the Hawks next year (although they're not likely to be better than they were last year or this year)

Whoa, whoa, whoa there. "Greater is coming" https://vimeo.com/119362723 We've been promised. ;)

Seriously, the off season is barely underway. Let's see what transpires and what their play on the field says about this. Ya gotta remember this is a very young team. The core group is gaining all sorts of experience (tasted the pinnacle as well as the extremely tough playoff and championship losses.) These guys know how to retool. Honestly, I don't think we've seen anything yet. The best is yet to come.

Uhhh, okay.

I guess saying that the 9ers will suck and that the Hawks are going to be the same team that has gone to the last two Super Bowls isn't good enough for you. Apologies. Username duly noted. ;)

Looking at the players we have coming back, this does have a chance to be the best team we have had in franchise history. We could easily have 10/11 starters back on both offense and defense, plus enough cap space to add a couple players in free agency, and 10 or 11 draft picks to work with.

A lot of things will need to fall into place over the coming months, but the potential for greatness is certainly there.

:th2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Just to be clear, I wasn't making a Seahawks-specific comment with that.

It was more of a general observation that Year 3 of dealing with the salary cap when having a talented team isn't the same thing as Year 1 of dealing with the salary cap when having a talented team.

As fans we can sprinkle all the pixie dust we want about why our favorite teams are the most special and most different, but as a general rule when predicting the future (always a fool's errand, of course), the safe hypothesis is that the Hawks won't be improving on their edge as they have to fairly compensate their talented players on second and third contracts (a process that's well underway, but is far from complete).

Latest posts