Last defense stand

original poster

Reaction score
His biggest weakness IMO is his long ball, it's about the only area of his game that hasn't improved and if it has, it just means he's missing over/under throwing his target by 5-10 yards as opposed to 10-15.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30l4aqij said:
No doubt, Goff is completely different QB, gonna' be a good one imo.

All you have to do is hit him hard a couple of times and he will revert back to cupcake.

We were not able to do that much, so clearly the major difference is the oline upgrades more than Goff was transformed into a top QB overnight.

If we had a similar oline improvement, it would turn Wilson into Brees+ (passing wise).

themunn

Reaction score
Everything we heard about Goff coming out was that Wentz was more polished and Goff was a "project" due to playing in a mostly spread offense at college, and a guy who should sit a few years and would take a few years to get up to NFL level but ultimately had a higher ceiling.

Of course, the Rams traded the farm for him so he HAD to start day 1, but ultimately those predictions look wise in the end.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":exk4qc29 said:
They had 60 minutes to score more than 10 points, cry me a river. The better team won.

Is someone crying? Did you see a bunch of kids on your lawn again?

Seymour

Reaction score
themunn":jzu6qdnf said:
Everything we heard about Goff coming out was that Wentz was more polished and Goff was a "project" due to playing in a mostly spread offense at college, and a guy who should sit a few years and would take a few years to get up to NFL level but ultimately had a higher ceiling.

Of course, the Rams traded the farm for him so he HAD to start day 1, but ultimately those predictions look wise in the end.

??? :?:
Goff did not start day 1, it was like week 10 before he got his first start. One of the reasons Fisher took so much crap for the pick last year.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Seymour":kes5jvsu said:
Uncle Si":kes5jvsu said:
That guy was wide open though...

That was on Coleman for breaking off his coverage at the last second. Coleman had a bad game and gave up several big plays.

I think Coleman just got beat by a stutter move. He froze and got blown by.

themunn

Reaction score
Seymour":3coqhael said:
themunn":3coqhael said:

??? :?:
Goff did not start day 1, it was like week 10 before he got his first start. One of the reasons Fisher took so much crap for the pick last year.

Huh, memory bias there. In any case he started playing much earlier than he should have - sitting him was the right call, and arguably then starting him from midseason so that he wasn't coming in fresh this season was also the right call.

Seymour

Reaction score
bmorepunk":6izd3z5e said:
Seymour":6izd3z5e said:
Uncle Si":6izd3z5e said:

That was on Coleman for breaking off his coverage at the last second. Coleman had a bad game and gave up several big plays.

Could be but I thought I remember him looking back at the QB there and him playing the QB's eyes and not the receiver. I'll have to watch it again. Either way, he did not play well, even beyond that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
themunn":3ovzs0vw said:

I actually was impressed with Goff yesterday. He made some mistakes, but he threw some freakin' dimes, and played pretty damn well for the Hawks taking away the Ram's run game making them one dimensional.

LEAPS AND BOUNDS from what I saw last year from Goff. He was lost and on his way to bustville.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
bmorepunk":13v1egcp said:
Seymour":13v1egcp said:
Uncle Si":13v1egcp said:

Actually, Earl took responsibility for that blown play during the postgame presser.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2m6hv61n said:
I was referring to Rams fans crying about the game.

(Well damnit)

Yeah screw those guys.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seymour":34cjudka said:
SoulfishHawk":34cjudka said:
No doubt, Goff is completely different QB, gonna' be a good one imo.

All you have to do is hit him hard a couple of times and he will revert back to cupcake.

We were not able to do that much, so clearly the major difference is the oline upgrades more than Goff was transformed into a top QB overnight.

If we had a similar oline improvement, it would turn Wilson into Brees+ (passing wise).
I completely agree with this. He reminds me of mentally fragile QB's like Cutler. He's got a ton of talent, but if you can get hits on him he starts to unravel. They were smart beefing up that offensive line because that's the only way he can be successful. I'll be interested how long they will be able to pay enough to keep a top offensive line with their young talent starting to eat into that cap, starting next year with 7 starters as UFA's.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1um7q0h1 said:
And Goff was pressured to throw a slightly off frantic pass, that his outstretched Receiver couldn't haul in.....Damn the luck :stirthepot:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2hd31v43 said:
Off topic, just how did Goff become so much better from the frail little qb from last year.
He's obviously been Coached to focus more, and to understand that if you're going to have success, you have to settle down and find your open targets, though after yesterdays game, he's going to have to go back to his psychiatrist for a few more sessions. :rumble: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts