Latest from Michael Bennett - Will test Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1sw4wioh said:
CALIHAWK1":1sw4wioh said:
Look in the mirror next time you say that.
The problem with that is, he'll only see a genius.

A wise man once said "It's what you don't know you don't know, that gets you in trouble"

korboko

Reaction score
He'll sign with the Redskins getting a 4 year offer, play there for 2 years and get cut before the 3rd season.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Man you guys act like I was talking about your best friend. I just cannot stand the guy and I think his ego is bigger than his talent. At 28 years old with only a couple decent years under his belt I think money can be better spent elsewhere on guys that have something to prove. He made his point, he had a very good season and he's using it to cash in. He'll end up selling soul to a team with little to no chance at a super bowl and fall off the face of the earth.

I said in another thread the guy was as good as gone and was ridiculed for that stance. As far as me saying he's an idiot, I stand by it, the guy certainly doesn't seem too bright.

See ya Michael, get that green.

xCalibur

Reaction score
lukerguy":1zhzpl8u said:
BlueBlood":1zhzpl8u said:
I dont want him back. Ill go on record right now as saying he will be a bust either for us or for another team starting effective immediately. I DONT WANT HIM BACK.. The guy is an idiot IMO.

An idiot? Why? Because the Seahawks didn't give him a multi- year deal last year, and now he wants to see what others are willing to pay before he makes his decision?

I see it from a much different perspective...I see a guy who played in multiple systems with average results...that is why teams where not beating down the doors to get him last off season. Our scheme and depth and players around him made him a better player...I agree that he has the right to get paid as much as he can. What i do not like is his attitude, we released Red so we coould make this guy an offer and he scoffed at it. That is disrespectful to this team and to Red Bryant as well. I hope the loser gets ignored in FA and comes crawling back for less. Sadly though...teams are not that smart and some idiot GM will bring him in for big money because he was on a superbowl winning team. He will do average at best. I am telling you all this guy was only good because of the players aroound him and the scheme. Also, being from a superbowl winning team means that whatever team he goes to. He will be noticed and other teams will game plan to stuff him. He will never be any better then he was in Tampa Bay. I say good riddens and bring back RED

bigtrain21

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3du7wq3g said:
Man you guys act like I was talking about your best friend. I just cannot stand the guy and I think his ego is bigger than his talent. At 28 years old with only a couple decent years under his belt I think money can be better spent elsewhere on guys that have something to prove. He made his point, he had a very good season and he's using it to cash in. He'll end up selling soul to a team with little to no chance at a super bowl and fall off the face of the earth.

I said in another thread the guy was as good as gone and was ridiculed for that stance. As far as me saying he's an idiot, I stand by it, the guy certainly doesn't seem too bright.

See ya Michael, get that green.

You have no basis for calling him an idiot. You don't know much about football. He clearly was good for us all year and a good teammate and was coming off a good year the year before. Sometimes it takes awhile for teams to utilize talent. When the Seahawks let him go out of training camp when we brought him in as a free agent a lot of us were really disappointed. This was before Pete and John. He has always had talent.

I am not sure how you could watch the year he had and not think he is a fantastic player for our defense. He plays inside and outside and creates pressure from wherever he is and is not a liability against the run. Now obviously there is a point where if he commands too much salary he would become prohibitive for the Seahawks to re-sign. He has to weigh his options and he is well within his rights to do so. I don't hold anything against him no matter what he does. I personally think he loved it here and if the money is similar he will sign here.

Just let the situation play out. He isn't a prisoner here. He can do what he wants. Calling him an idiot and saying you can't stand him is kind of perplexing to me.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Dude, I know football and I acknowledged his good season for us. My basis for calling him an idiot is good old fashioned judgement because of the things he says and looks as well as the way he says things.

HansGruber

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3oo7pgv8 said:
Dude, I know football and I acknowledged his good season for us. My basis for calling him an idiot is good old fashioned judgement because of the things he says and looks as well as the way he says things.

The way he looks and the "way he says things"? Do you mean his pronunciation, his vocabulary, or his voice?

In any case, I think you're an idiot because good old fashioned judgement tells me anyone who would judge a person on such superficial qualities is probably not the brightest.

Slick

Reaction score
Three reasons the Seahawks and Michael Bennett are not close:

Earl Thomas
Richard Sherman
Russell Wilson
My bunghole

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
HansGruber":1bb7gqce said:
BlueBlood":1bb7gqce said:

The way he looks and the "way he says things"? Do you mean his pronunciation, his vocabulary, or his voice?

In any case, I think you're an idiot because good old fashioned judgement tells me anyone who would judge a person on such superficial qualities is probably not the brightest.

Point of fact he could use a little beard trim. :stirthepot:

A

Anonymous

Let's take this down about 1.25 notches' folks.

When I think of Bennett, I think of a guy who needed a system that enabled him to play to his strengths in order to break out. He got that in Seattle, where he did not (necessarily) have it elsewhere. His break-out year is now being used to establish his value, which is quite natural for a player and an agent to do. This part is the part that is hardest to swallow.

That said, at some point, MB has got to have some very wise person whisper in his ear and tell him to be careful. You may make an extra 2-3 mil a year playing for the Bears (or whomever), but the system and the supporting cast could be disastrous to your personal success. IMHO, the aspects of his decision we don't see are going to be the deciding factors over the money.

Would he gladly take a double team in order to allow another younger player to get to the QB? Or, will he forego that 2-3 mil in order to stay in a system where he can enjoy seeing himself high on a stat-sheet and in Sportcenter Highlights? He could be getting advice that tells him to approach things like Peyton Manning did and make sure that wherever he goes has coaches, a system, and other players, that will enable him to keep playing at the level he is currently playing at.

I don't think the Bears provide him any of those assurances, and if he goes there, he will be a little richer, but will sink into obscurity on the stat sheet. Does the lobster taste just as good when you can't get to the quarterback anymore?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3srhlad1 said:

When I think of Bennett, I think of a guy who needed a system that enabled him to play to his strengths in order to break out. He got that in Seattle, where he did not (necessarily) have it elsewhere. His break-out year is now being used to establish his value, which is quite natural for a player and an agent to do. This part is the part that is hardest to swallow.

That said, at some point, MB has got to have some very wise person whisper in his ear and tell him to be careful. You may make an extra 2-3 mil a year playing for the Bears (or whomever), but the system and the supporting cast could be disastrous to your personal success. IMHO, the aspects of his decision we don't see are going to be the deciding factors over the money.

Would he gladly take a double team in order to allow another younger player to get to the QB? Or, will he forego that 2-3 mil in order to stay in a system where he can enjoy seeing himself high on a stat-sheet and in Sportcenter Highlights? He could be getting advice that tells him to approach things like Peyton Manning did and make sure that wherever he goes has coaches, a system, and other players, that will enable him to keep playing at the level he is currently playing at.

I don't think the Bears provide him any of those assurances, and if he goes there, he will be a little richer, but will sink into obscurity on the stat sheet. Does the lobster taste just as good when you can't get to the quarterback anymore?

Eh, Bennett was considered one of the top pass rushers available last season, too. It wasn't just the system. Last year just happened to be a down year for the pass rusher market.

Subzero717

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":13r5gtnc said:

Elsewhere would have been Tampa where his stats from 2012 were actually slighty better than they were here in 2013. He was in that FA market also considered one of the top pass rushing FAs as was Avril.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gotta take care of Okung as well. That's 4 big contracts.
If they DID offer him say 9 mil a year and it still wasn't good enough, enjoy your new team.
Next man up.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
BlueBlood,
Some specific examples of things he said that were stupid, and why those specific things he said were stupid?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Not sure if someone reported this already....

ProFootballTalk‏ @ProFootballTalk·17 mins
An NFC West bidding war could be coming between the 49ers and Seahawks for DE Michael Bennett. Story coming at PFT.

I don't really buy it tho. Niners aren't moving to a 4-3, Bennett isn't moving to OLB, and I don't think he wants to be a 3-4 DE.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3bpd1u1q said:

An NFC West bidding war could be coming between the 49ers and Seahawks for DE Michael Bennett. Story coming at PFT.

I don't really buy it tho. Niners aren't moving to a 4-3, Bennett isn't moving to OLB, and I don't think he wants to be a 3-4 DE.

"Could" and "might" and "possibly" seem to be awful common in sports reporting these days. It allows the media to just toss out unverified garbage without having to cover their asses. Can't stand that stuff.

Marvin49

Reaction score
volsunghawk":4inxcje4 said:
Marvin49":4inxcje4 said:

"Could" and "might" and "possibly" seem to be awful common in sports reporting these days. It allows the media to just toss out unverified garbage without having to cover their asses. Can't stand that stuff.

It makes sense that the 49ers would go after a Seattle defender, but I just dont see Bennett as a fit. Only thing I can see is them looking at him as possible successor to Justin Smith or Ray McDonald at DE, but I don't see why he would want to move into a 3-4. I'm sure there will be 4-3 teams willing to pay him.

I think Florios making sh*t up again.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1bvdnkws said:
volsunghawk":1bvdnkws said:
Marvin49":1bvdnkws said:

It makes sense that the 49ers would go after a Seattle defender, but I just dont see Bennett as a fit. Only thing I can see is them looking at him as possible successor to Justin Smith or Ray McDonald at DE, but I don't see why he would want to move into a 3-4. I'm sure there will be 4-3 teams willing to pay him.

I think Florios making sh*t up again.

If he ends up in the Bay area its more likely to be with the Raiders who have $64 million in cap space and can pay Bennett whatever he's asking. The 49ers have their own cap space issues especially with Kaepernick clamoring for a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts