Lefko: Conspiracy Against the Seahawks...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Well, if the latest rumors are true, they'll expand the playoffs to 8 teams this year so Seattle can get in and everyone here will be happy.

Except for me because I want that higher draft pick
If they did expand the playoffs to 8 teams, then all the Seahawks would have to do is win their game and they are in. Not win and hope that the Lions win too.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Some special teams in the National Football Entertainment League get the benefit of the doubt all the time, some of them get the benefit of the dong all the time. Nothing new here since what, the 60's?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Hawks has plenty of opportunity to control their fate. They failed miserably. That w have any chance at all of a playoff berth should be considered a minor miracle. We are far from being hard done by. We brought this shit upon ourselves.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawks has plenty of opportunity to control their fate. They failed miserably. That w have any chance at all of a playoff berth should be considered a minor miracle. We are far from being hard done by. We brought this shit upon ourselves.
and this sort of fan reaction is why the NFL knows it can get away with doing whatever they want to teams with less impactful fan bases.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's hard for me to get worked up about the flex angle, especially when the NFL is free to flex whatever they wish late in the season to maximize dollars and views. Of course the GB/Lions game is more sexy than the Titans/Jags game. I don't see any conspiracy here (and I do loves me some good conspiracy).

Here's a thought. Had the Seahawks won ANY of the games they SHOULD have won (Raiders, Panthers, Saints come to mind), this is a thread that doesn't exist.

Sometimes in life it just is what it is. And that is, the Seattle Seahawks are a young, rebuilding team that will either end the season 8-9 or 9-8 and in the playoffs or not. And that alone far exceeds most expectations back in August.

Green Bay got hot. Won their last 4 games while we tanked 3 straight. Is that the NFL's fault? Nope.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
I'm perfectly happy with missing the playoffs this year. It was a pipedream coming out of training camp, and even getting close was an accomplishment. Let's be honest, we'd be a One and Done team any way with this defense. Win the last 2 games of the year in solid fashion, retain a good draft position, and head into a critical offseason with some momentum.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
That story was a in jest, but the part about the NFL putting in the fix so Bettis could play his last game in Pitt, where the SB was, really happened. It was like a Pitt home game with all the pitt fans. The Seahawks were never gonna win the Pitt SB--one way or another.

"(I)n Pitt, where the SB was"?

Are you referring to Super Bowl XL, which was Bettis's last game, and in which the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Seahawks (with some really important bad calls)?

That Super Bowl was held in Detroit, not "Pitt."

Latest posts