Lefko: Conspiracy Against the Seahawks...

kidhawk

Reaction score

i'm the first to admit that I'm not happy about the way the NFL chose to go against their own stated scheduling policy to get Rodgers into SNF and raise the chances of getting another big name QB into the playoffs, but I found the article (linked above) pretty funny.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yeah. I think it's totally bogus that the NFL reserved the right to flex these games and in doing so, sort of hosed Seattle. You can say whatever you want about how the Seahawks should have just won more, or that the Lions will still play hard, but those points don't change the fact that the NFL literally took the opportunity to flex things, and knowingly made it inequitable for one team.

That being said all the talk of getting Rodgers into the playoffs, or how the refs were going to skew the games and stuff is nonsense. The NFL simply didn't want to piss off it's advertisers and sponsors by scheduling Trevor Lawrence vs. Titans QB3 on sunday night football. That's it. Just a money thing.

Own The West

Reaction score
If we win, Detroit will owe us for keeping their draft pick in the top 6. Let's hope they repay the favor.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Well, if the latest rumors are true, they'll expand the playoffs to 8 teams this year so Seattle can get in and everyone here will be happy.

Except for me because I want that higher draft pick

StoneCold

Reaction score
I get annoyed with the conspiracy talk and I realize I shouldn't let that get in the way of enjoying this tongue in cheek article, but he makes a glaring error in an early paragraph.

"The NFL wants the Packers to win, we all know that. However, what it wants equally as much is for the Packers-Lions game on Sunday night to be a true “win-and-in.” Thus, the league needs the Seahawks to lose. The easiest way to accomplish that is by getting the referee to affect the outcome with poorly-timed calls and suspicious penalties that swing the game to the Rams. After some simple digging, it’s easy to see why the NFL chose the ref it did."

It's a "win and in" regardless of what happens in the Seahawks game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Win more games and you're not in this position.

It's only win and in for GB AND DETROIT if the Hawks lose. Hawks win, it's a Win and in just for GB. I can see both sides. Just tired of hearing all the we're the victims, the NFL hates us, conspiracy blah blah blah.

We all know that this team lost to 5 crap to average teams, 4 of them in the NFC South. Key word being NFC. Plus, they had two chances to get a game winning score against a crap Raiders team at home. Does it suck that GB got moved to SNF? Sure it does. But it doesn't change the fact that the Hawks are 8-8, win another game or two and it's a non-factor.
And many teams could say the same thing. Now the officials? That's a different story and conversation..........

I just wanna' see a W on Sunday, head home from the stadium and see if Detroit can pull off the upset. If we end up 9-8 and missing the playoffs, so be it. Still would be them finishing strong, and having a winning season when many had them at 5 or 6 wins. Compared to pre-season expectations? This season has been a blast and absolutely a success.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
I get annoyed with the conspiracy talk and I realize I shouldn't let that get in the way of enjoying this tongue in cheek article, but he makes a glaring error in an early paragraph.

"The NFL wants the Packers to win, we all know that. However, what it wants equally as much is for the Packers-Lions game on Sunday night to be a true “win-and-in.” Thus, the league needs the Seahawks to lose. The easiest way to accomplish that is by getting the referee to affect the outcome with poorly-timed calls and suspicious penalties that swing the game to the Rams. After some simple digging, it’s easy to see why the NFL chose the ref it did."

It's a "win and in" regardless of what happens in the Seahawks game.

I believe his point (as tongue in cheek as it is) was that us losing would make the game important for both teams on SNF for a real ratings win.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
That story was a in jest, but the part about the NFL putting in the fix so Bettis could play his last game in Pitt, where the SB was, really happened. It was like a Pitt home game with all the pitt fans. The Seahawks were never gonna win the Pitt SB--one way or another.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Win more games and you're not in this position.
How many times are you going to say this? That statement is true for every single team on the bubble. Lions could have won more. Heck, if they had beat us when we played them they would be on the inside looking out instead of the outside looking in. If the Packers had won more than 8 games, they'd be on the inside looking out as well. The fact is, it's the NFL, good teams lose to bad teams all the time. Only once in NFL history has a team been able to say there was no game they "should have won", and only 1 team in any season can truly say they won every game they needed to. Saying a team lost games they should have won shouldn't preclude them from making a playoff run, unless of course you don't want them too. I mean who wants to see their team make the playoffs when they could draft 3-5 spots higher?

StoneCold

Reaction score
I believe his point (as tongue in cheek as it is) was that us losing would make the game important for both teams on SNF for a real ratings win.
Ah, not just a win and in for the Pack, but also for the Lions. Goodell is an "evil smart feller". Which also spells "live fart smeller"? OOMMMGG!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well, if the latest rumors are true, they'll expand the playoffs to 8 teams this year so Seattle can get in and everyone here will be happy.

Except for me because I want that higher draft pick

I won't speak for all the fans, but for me, this scheduling issue really has nothing to do with just making the playoffs. The schedule is supposed to be the way it is so the NFL can schedule the final week to insure teams don't get an unfair advantage and play at the same time as other teams they are competing with for playoff spots/seeding.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How many times are you going to say this? That statement is true for every single team on the bubble. Lions could have won more. Heck, if they had beat us when we played them they would be on the inside looking out instead of the outside looking in. If the Packers had won more than 8 games, they'd be on the inside looking out as well. The fact is, it's the NFL, good teams lose to bad teams all the time. Only once in NFL history has a team been able to say there was no game they "should have won", and only 1 team in any season can truly say they won every game they needed to. Saying a team lost games they should have won shouldn't preclude them from making a playoff run, unless of course you don't want them too. I mean who wants to see their team make the playoffs when they could draft 3-5 spots higher?
Relax man. I have a right to my opinion. This is NO DIFFERENT than what people are saying all over the league. It's not a false statement.
I'll bow out of the conversation, not sure why it's not ok to have an opinion on a message board w/out a bunch of people freakout out. Geezus man, lighten up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I won't speak for all the fans, but for me, this scheduling issue really has nothing to do with just making the playoffs. The schedule is supposed to be the way it is so the NFL can schedule the final week to insure teams don't get an unfair advantage and play at the same time as other teams they are competing with for playoff spots/seeding.
How many times are you going to say the same thing?

See, I can do that too. We all repeat our opinions, a lot. It's part of being on a message board. BFD, we have our opinions and views on things, we voice them.

rcaido

Reaction score
I blame Pete, Lynch, & LOB with their chip in the shoulder attitude against the NFL. Also us fans who hasn't gotten over the Stealers SB. We been on their shitlist the past decade or so.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
How many times are you going to say the same thing?

See, I can do that too. We all repeat our opinions, a lot. It's part of being on a message board. BFD, we have our opinions and views on things, we voice them.
Way to bow out :LOL:

Crizilla

Reaction score

i'm the first to admit that I'm not happy about the way the NFL chose to go against their own stated scheduling policy to get Rodgers into SNF and raise the chances of getting another big name QB into the playoffs, but I found the article (linked above) pretty funny.
Bob and Wyman were acting like NFL never rigs or sways games. Did they not watch last year super bowl? Do they remember super bowl 40? All leagues are probably guilty from it time to time but the NFL does it way too obvious. I'll tell you right now the decision not to play the the Packers and Seahawks games at the same time was intentional. KG Wright and lefko said things fans have been saying for awhile now.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bob and Wyman were acting like NFL never rigs or sways games. Did they not watch last year super bowl? Do they remember super bowl 40? All leagues are probably guilty from it time to time but the NFL does it way too obvious. I'll tell you right now the decision not to play the the Packers and Seahawks games at the same time was intentional. KG Wright and lefko said things fans have been saying for awhile now.

I know they had that video on that page, but it really had nothing to do with the actual article. The video was a "serious" discussion about the scheduling "conspiracy" whereas the article was tongue in cheek and I found it humorous.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sometimes they absolutely do. Ask Saints fans about the NFC Championship..........

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
You make a good point :)
BTW, my point was less that you keep saying that you think we should have just won more games, I was trying to make the point that something like that isn't just a Seahawks thing. Lots of teams can say that, and I'd say this year, the Packers should say that even more so than we should as they were supposed to be contenders from the beginning. Go back to August and nobody had us in the playoff hunt. Some might say we shouldn't be today, but here we are.

Anyway, this thread is going a bit off topic. I just thought it was a funny article to share for those who enjoy the tongue in cheek sarcasm.

Latest posts