Lesean McCoy *Contains link to Graphic Imagery*

kidhawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":q3yexxq6 said:
kidhawk":q3yexxq6 said:
If you think that people wouldn't get themselves injured for monetary gain, then I'm not sure what I can say here. It happens way more often than people may want to believe.

Unless you have actual statistics on how often people harm themselves for monetary gain like this, then it's merely anecdotal evidence that I'm going to ignore.

Also, I never said it couldn't have happened this way, merely that it was a remote possibility. If you missed that earlier then hopefully this makes it more clear.

I never asked you to believe that this is what happened, and you can feel free to ignore whatever you wish. I just think it's something that someone who isn't right in the mind could come up with.

After a quick google search, I found an article about a man who paid a buddy $2,000 to beat him up at work (Boston Mass Transit) so he could collect worker's comp and long term disability.

All I'm saying here is that people do crazy stuff all the time. I can't explain most of the crazy stuff some people are willing to do.

As I also said, I don't believe that this is likely what happened, but I'm open to it being one possible conclusion to the investigation. Not the most likely conclusion, but just a possible conclusion. Obviously it's more likely that someone else was behind her getting beat up and whether that was a stranger, or someone with inside knowledge working on their own, or someone that he got to go in and do this for him, are all definite possibilities, but it's too early to know for sure.

To be perfectly clear, I'd be surprised if this turned out to be the case, but I just wanted to point out that at this stage of fact gathering, just about anything is still possible.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":142xnjqb said:
All I'm saying here is that people do crazy stuff all the time. I can't explain most of the crazy stuff some people are willing to do.

As I also said, I don't believe that this is likely what happened, but I'm open to it being one possible conclusion to the investigation. Not the most likely conclusion, but just a possible conclusion. Obviously it's more likely that someone else was behind her getting beat up and whether that was a stranger, or someone with inside knowledge working on their own, or someone that he got to go in and do this for him, are all definite possibilities, but it's too early to know for sure.

To be perfectly clear, I'd be surprised if this turned out to be the case, but I just wanted to point out that at this stage of fact gathering, just about anything is still possible.

My main problem I had with your supposition is that you initially said "definitely a possibility". That simply isn't true. I could be a possibility, but it isn't fact.

Semantics? Sure. However, on an internet message board one should try to be more clear. You know that I'm guilty of this as well at times. :irishdrinkers:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ujt6rze said:
And that is why if you are going to err, you err on the side focusing on the safety of the child - at least investigative purposes. Because you would rather be wrong and do the investigation than leave a child in a situation they are potentially abused.

But if you are going to err on a he-said/she-said situation where there is some type of crime - you err on the side of the accused. Because that is generally the fairest system we have without truth serum.

The only time I would feel it is reasonable to deviate from that approach is when there is a clear pattern of behavior where the accusations fit the pattern. We don't have this here.

So the authorities need to investigate the child abuse out of necessity, even though it could just as easily be an accusation out of spite for him trying to evict her. And I am assuming the police must be investigating what was clearly armed robbery.

But the NFL taking pre-emptive action before any of those findings? That is ridiculous. Especially considering the emotional nature of the issue (potential child abuse, a woman potentially being pistol whipped, etc).

Which is essentially what I said, investigate the child abuse, check into the animal abuse (since there must be a record of that...which somewhat would validate the other claims) but let the rest play itself out. The police will either find a connection or they won't. The NFL does not need to involve itself until it is clear there is one.

The NFL hasn't taken any pre-emptive action. Really, no one has done anything in terms of moving on this outside the police. That's erring on the side of caution. So, reminding us of the diligence of law is merely you trying to support an initial reminder "hey, sometimes these accusers are liars." Thanks again for that reminder.

Noone has suggested "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply here. Actually, you were the first to toss the accuser's story into more than reasonable doubt. Even above "even though it could just as easily be an accusation out of spite for him trying to evict her." You're really going to infer the possibility this person got her face smashed in and decided to accuse McCoy.. and just toss in child abuse for good measure?

"Is this the same merry-go-round we just got off with Foster? If he is actually hitting his dog or kid, sure, I care. But it sounds like the new goto that women are running to in order to get people so emotional they don't bother to vet the source."

You're going to try and push that statement off as "yeah, i'm saying err on the side of caution?" And investigate the child abuse and dog abuse but let the abuse of a grown woman "play itself out?" How the hell does it play itself out without an investigation.

You're talking shit.

I cringe at how easily people are not just willing push an array of imaginary details to support the "hey, again, sometimes these women are lying."

And in response to nothing.

kidhawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":mhmak1g4 said:
kidhawk":mhmak1g4 said:

My main problem I had with your supposition is that you initially said "definitely a possibility". That simply isn't true. I could be a possibility, but it isn't fact.

Semantics? Sure. However, on an internet message board one should try to be more clear. You know that I'm guilty of this as well at times. :irishdrinkers:

I think maybe you are misconstruing my words. When I say "definitely a possibility", you are putting too much onus on the word definitely. When I say it's definitely a possibility, it's really just saying that it is a possibility. I admit the phrasing isn't the best, but the intention was to infer that it is definite that there is a possibility. It wasn't meant to infer that it was highly possible or even similarly plausible as other possibilities.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3j498rlb said:
I think maybe you are misconstruing my words. When I say "definitely a possibility", you are putting too much onus on the word definitely. When I say it's definitely a possibility, it's really just saying that it is a possibility. I admit the phrasing isn't the best, but the intention was to infer that it is definite that there is a possibility. It wasn't meant to infer that it was highly possible or even similarly plausible as other possibilities.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/definitely

kidhawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":127taneh said:
kidhawk":127taneh said:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/definitely

Apparently you are still stuck on the word "definitely". Go back and re-read my last post. I said it was definitely a POSSIBILITY.

If it is possible, then until facts prove otherwise, it's definitely POSSIBLE. I could have said that it's possible and it would mean the same thing. I've already said that I could have worded it better, but don't get yourself stuck on trying to prove the point that you felt that my definitely meant more than it actually did.

Can we get back to actually discussing the case now, or are we still confused on my phrasing?

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":37jgiyo5 said:
Can we get back to actually discussing the case now, or are we still confused on my phrasing?

You amended it after I called you out on it. My previous response was to you saying that your use of definitely could have been better, but you still defended it. Never assume that your words convey the intention you are trying to get across. Especially on an online forum.

Cheers.

kidhawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3cna6txg said:
kidhawk":3cna6txg said:

Classic Kidhawk behavior...

You amended it after I called you out on it. My previous response was to you saying that your use of definitely could have been better, but you still defended it. Never assume that your words convey the intention you are trying to get across. Especially on an online forum.

Cheers.

I didn't amend it because you called me out on it. I clarified it because you were misconstruing my intention. Sometimes you need to take your own advice and try not to assume that words are conveying things that they aren't....ESPECIALLY once someone clarifies it for you.

This is a simple case of you misunderstanding what I said and me clarifying it. Why you'd rather make a bigger deal of that than just getting back to the actual topic I will probably never understand.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24079142/buffalo-bills-running-back-lesean-mccoy-ex-girlfriend-told-police-believed-home-invasion-setup[/urltargetblank]

This article from ESPN has more details from the police report and from past issues between the two. This is one ugly situation

chris98251

Reaction score
Had a Aunt that busted her own face with a plastic coffee cup to have her Husband arrested, she had paperwork for the divorce and transfer of bank accounts and titles all done ahead of time and with her lawyer. By the time he got out of jail he had no home, no money and a divorce filed.

It can be done easily with enough vindictiveness.

She looked bad but it was very little as far as cuts just heavy bruising which will heal rather quickly and no scaring. She knew what she was doing.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":2db8dkws said:
Had a Aunt that busted her own face with a plastic coffee cup to have her Husband arrested, she had paperwork for the divorce and transfer of bank accounts and titles all done ahead of time and with her lawyer. By the time he got out of jail he had no home, no money and a divorce filed.

She looked bad but it was very little as far as cuts just heavy bruising which will heal rather quickly and no scaring. She knew what she was doing.

I had a cousin who was physically abused before finally her mom called the police. She showed up for a family event with finger marks around her neck. At the hospital she was shown to have a broken rib and wrist.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":kix75p3s said:
chris98251":kix75p3s said:

I had a cousin who was physically abused before finally her mom called the police. She showed up for a family event with finger marks around her neck. At the hospital she was shown to have a broken rib and wrist.

Thats the Moms fault for not protecting her kids., My Aunt was just after money and the ex's Social Security and pension benefits, in fact she did the same thing 5 times in 5 states, I did not add that all her ex husbands also mysterioly died a short time after the divorces.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":ccgzblry said:
Uncle Si":ccgzblry said:
chris98251":ccgzblry said:

Thats the Moms fault for not protecting her kids., My Aunt was just after money and the ex's Social Security and pension benefits, in fact she did the same thing 5 times in 5 states, I did not add that all her ex husbands also mysterioly died a short time after the divorces.

Sure, i mean it's definitely not the fault of the man that beat her. he just broke her wrist by pulling her to the ground, then her ribs by kicking her. But its mom's fault for not being there.

That's right up there with "she shouldn't have been dressed like that"

for every story of some woman who lied, there are scores more (hundreds) of those who suffered actual abuse. seems a ridiculous thread to start pulling at in this instance, but he we are.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":nbgipgu4 said:
chris98251":nbgipgu4 said:
Uncle Si":nbgipgu4 said:
chris98251":nbgipgu4 said:

Sure, i mean it's definitely not the fault of the man that beat her. he just broke her wrist by pulling her to the ground, then her ribs by kicking her. But its mom's fault for not being there.

That's right up there with "she shouldn't have been dressed like that"

for every story of some woman who lied, there are scores more (hundreds) of those who suffered actual abuse. seems a ridiculous thread to start pulling at in this instance, but he we are.

Mom should have called the cops, shot him for endangering her life, trust me I lived that life and I don't speak with my mother to this day, she is dead to me.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Mom did call the cops. After she was beaten.

Your assumptions are unnecessary. Sometimes it’s more effective to let information come to you, or you know, ask. Either is better than jumping to conclusions

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3k90myzp said:

Your assumptions are unnecessary. Sometimes it’s more effective to let information come to you, or you know, ask. Either is better than jumping to conclusions

After, yeah defend the idiot, I will bet money that it was a series of abuse that should have been stopped long before, I would also bet the Mom was beaten at times as well. As I have said I have lived it and have scars still physically to prove it, my only consolation is he was murdered in Florida not long ago.

Best to end this before I get pissed off to where I do something overly emotional.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Trrrroy":149lhwnd said:
I find it hard to believe that an Instagram model would bust up her own face to frame McCoy. She's a model, they value their face. And if she did, why tha bad? A simple black eye would do the job. And why say a goon did it and not McCoy himself? That's not how people typically go about this.

Pretty simple really. She knows McCoy is not in Georgia, so that accusation could fall apart rather quickly.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":1ro8x0cf said:
Uncle Si":1ro8x0cf said:

After, yeah defend the idiot, I will bet money that it was a series of abuse that should have been stopped long before, I would also bet the Mom was beaten at times as well. As I have said I have lived it and have scars still physically to prove it, my only consolation is he was murdered in Florida not long ago.

Best to end this before I get pissed off to where I do something overly emotional.

"after" what?

There you go again, inferring your own story in some hapless defense of your assumptions. You're not the only that's lived through it. You have no idea the story I'm telling, and yet you make baseless assertions.

I don't care if you get pissed or not. You're assumptions are careless, disrespectful, selfish and ignorant.

But yeah, lecture me.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
1) The Instagram accusation is written by a friend...not the victim.
2) The victim has been living in McCoy's house, knowing that he wants her out.
3) The jewelry was not given to her by McCoy. The jewelry is on loan from jewelers.
4) She still refers to McCoy as her "boyfriend"...not her "ex-boyfriend". That, to me, shows she is out of touch with reality and is very likely a crazy gold digger. Why not just move on?
5) I think it is very likely that McCoy hired a goon to do this.
6) These two deserve each other.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":12d07ttz said:
chris98251":12d07ttz said:
Uncle Si":12d07ttz said:

"after" what?

There you go again, inferring your own story in some hapless defense of your assumptions. You're not the only that's lived through it. You have no idea the story I'm telling, and yet you make baseless assertions.

I don't care if you get pissed or not. You're assumptions are careless, disrespectful, selfish and ignorant.

But yeah, lecture me.

My assumptions are having been in it and seen that battered women usually have a fear of reporting their male person in their life beating their kids as well, your the one dispesecting, be beaten with a bread board till you have no skin thats not purple from your ankes to your neck, never the face that would show in school, be forced to walk across a floor of broken glass, be thrown down stairs, be forced to watch your mom smacked around till she gave up her money stash for food location and threatened with your kids are next. Be locked inside the back of a Boxed truck. That's what someone 8 to 12 years old dealt with. Yes I am so careless and ignorant and selfish.

The fact is that a reported incident may get the wrath, but is that worse then continued abuse?