Lesson from Arizona Game

seahawksteve

Reaction score
from my understanding, I thought that the coaching staff and QB realized that in order to be successful Seattle shouldn't shy away from #14, yet in consecutive game Seattle did. why?

do they trust him and I thought hat the QB was his BFF

Own The West

Reaction score
Ramsay's a great corner. Perhaps the best in football. While we didn't need to challenge him, we could have made a point to go to Metcalf when he wasn't on him to force them to play 10-on-10.

Not throwing to Metcalf isn't what decided this game though. 3 turnovers did.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
There were a couple of plays where DK had gotten behind Ramsey but Russ didn't see him. Unfortunate, because those could have gone for big gains. But Russ has been getting hit and harassed a lot, and I don't think he was at 100% yesterday.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Regardless of Russ missing him on a few plays where he looked open, Schotty not calling ANYTHING to get the ball in his hands is pretty terrible. David Moore had a few, DK didn't? He also had him lined up across from Ramsey for most of the game. Why not move him around and get a favorable matchup? Other OC's have #1 WR who get double covered all game and still get them 10 targets.

Rams clearly were in zone for a lot of the game after the first quarter. That is all on the coaching staff continuing to not put their players in a space to succeed.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
mistaowen":2wq3j9ip said:
Regardless of Russ missing him on a few plays where he looked open, Schotty not calling ANYTHING to get the ball in his hands is pretty terrible. David Moore had a few, DK didn't? He also had him lined up across from Ramsey for most of the game. Why not move him around and get a favorable matchup? Other OC's have #1 WR who get double covered all game and still get them 10 targets.

Rams clearly were in zone for a lot of the game after the first quarter. That is all on the coaching staff continuing to not put their players in a space to succeed.

BINGO. I would love to see 1-2 screens designed for DK a game. Look at the ARI game. He almost won the game in OT with a TD after being ignored for the entire game. The dude is a game changer and you need to get the ball in his hands even if it means you force it some times. Did Aikman completely shy away from Michael Irvin when Deion Sanders was guarding him? No, he gave Irvin a chance to make a play few times a game. I’ll live with an Interception on a 50/50 ball to DK knowing that if DK catches it, the result will be tremendous. Completely ignoring a playmaker for the entire game is unacceptable from Pete, Schotty and Russ

Reaction score
The issue isn't that we weren't looking DK's way - it was that Russ was running scared the whole game and didn't have a ton of time to work the ball to DK.

The Cardinals really did a number on us in that first game and showed that if you pressure Russ with different looks and from different areas that he may have trouble getting through all of his reads.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The problem is that Russ has been acting like this in recent weeks...

28481189 ae92 47bb afd6 216124ec43b7 750x422

John63

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3ls8hmj7 said:
mistaowen":3ls8hmj7 said:

BINGO. I would love to see 1-2 screens designed for DK a game. Look at the ARI game. He almost won the game in OT with a TD after being ignored for the entire game. The dude is a game changer and you need to get the ball in his hands even if it means you force it some times. Did Aikman completely shy away from Michael Irvin when Deion Sanders was guarding him? No, he gave Irvin a chance to make a play few times a game. I’ll live with an Interception on a 50/50 ball to DK knowing that if DK catches it, the result will be tremendous. Completely ignoring a playmaker for the entire game is unacceptable from Pete, Schotty and Russ

in the last 4 games or so we have not done much screens, or short passes except in the 4th qtr or occasionally. They seem to have gone back to the run, throw long playbook. Which explains alot.

xray

Reaction score
If they lose to AZ again Carroll will start to lose the locker room .

John63

Reaction score
xray":xqicxtue said:
If they lose to AZ again Carroll will start to lose the locker room .

Not convinced he already has to some point

Latest posts