Lets be real here

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If this was November or December I'd agree with you, but it's not, it's September.

As we've seen before with this team searching for the right scheme and personnel on offense, it looks ugly for a month or so.

Last year that never really happened due to Russell's injuries. But I still have faith that Pete, Russell and Bevell can find the right mix. We're already seeing it start to improve with the RB's and Carson. Just might take another week or two before it starts looking better.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
stang233":17hc22vt said:
Unfortunately the David Carr syndrome and now kicked it. It is very obvious. It could take a full year to recover.

I don't think they ever recover.

Aircrew

Reaction score
RussB":3l6jzx13 said:
Im taking the homer glasses off, this team is not a serious contender. They are a borderline playoff team, but wont get past the divisional round again unless the offensive problems are fixed asap. And judging by the last 2 years, its not looking good. They look worse than the past 2 years already on offense. The defense is great, but they cannot just win games by themselves.

GB manhandled them, look what ATL did to GB. Both those teams crush us to be honest. With this historically bad offense, we dont stand a chance against any serious NFC contender its just too much of a weakness. ATL would stomp this team as it is right now just like they did the last time we played them. This team is not a serious superbowl contender unless the offense can atleast become mediocre, and that honestly seems like a huge task right now.

Just venting, hope they turn it around. Oh and fire cable/bevell.

I completely, 100%, agree and the problems on offense aren't just the o-line.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Guys we always start slow. Remember last years home opener vs Miami? Almost a carbon copy of this game....

Also, lets not pretend that Atlanta wasn't a dropped TD with 10 seconds to go from losing to the Bears last week.

NFL is crazy, always has been. Things will work themselves out.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
6 dropped passes get caught and we win by at least two touchdowns

Relax

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Its better to be dealing with issues early in a season than latter.

Feelings change over time. Back in to 80's I used to get so hyped up each season but year after year of let downs made even making the playoffs special. We waited 35 years for a Suberbowl win. I'll still be cheerin em on the same as I always have.

Go Hawks

Seymour

Reaction score
Vpk0718":13ac3t9o said:
6 dropped passes get caught and we win by at least two touchdowns

Relax

No team has a 100% catch rate.

Don't relax.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Jermaine Kearse by himself scored as many points as the Seahawks did yesterday. Let that sink in.

mrt144

Reaction score
Steve2222":2g1odxvf said:
Jermaine Kearse by himself scored as many points as the Seahawks did yesterday. Let that sink in.

Well, him and the QB, whoever that is for the Jets.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3gluedha said:
Guys we always start slow. Remember last years home opener vs Miami? Almost a carbon copy of this game....

Also, lets not pretend that Atlanta wasn't a dropped TD with 10 seconds to go from losing to the Bears last week.

yes i agree, the past 2 years have been terrible starts and strong finishes, but what happened in the divisional both years?

We got destroyed by the panthers 31-0 then they playted prevent defense and let us get back in the game. I remember in the beggining of the game the o line got absolutely dismantled by kawaan short it was ugly. Then last year the falcons ran us out of their stadium. That will happen again unless serious changes are made, if this team stays as it stands on offense. They will probably make the playoffs, but get dismantled again in the divisional.

Is that the goal here? Why does everyone seem to be ok with getting stomped in the divisional the past 2 years, they are supposed to get past that and go to the NFC championship. You know what bill belichick did when pats lost to the broncos 2 seasons ago? He saw that brady got hit a record high in that game and immediately fired the o line coach the next day. What happened next year? They won the superbowl, because belichick doesnt hesitate to fix the issue even if that means being disloyal, pete cant seem to do that and its dragging the team down.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Josea16":2ugzh2sq said:
TwistedHusky":2ugzh2sq said:
We have an elite defense but a near incompetent offense.

And I love Carson too, because he can give you 2 when it is 3rd & 1, and this team sorely needed that for YEARS...but he isn't the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders or even Dave Meggett. He is a very good RB, he isn't however a transcendent rookie like a Kareem Hunt. He is good, but he isn't going to stop the bleeding and he isn't going to carry this offense.

We have succeeded in making 2 very average defenses look very good. That is a sign we suck, not a sign that the defenses are suddenly getting good for a week.

Yes, I know the refrain "It's Only Week 2" then it will be "Only Week 3", "Only Week 4", etc...the problems are evident and systemic.

Our OC is below average and now our QB is not bailing him out like he used to.

We cannot score TDs, so we have to rely on a defense that is going to get more & more tired as we use them more and more to save the game.

This is not a good team. This is a team producing like the 2-14 teams I used to watch. It isn't that bad. We are likely 7 wins or 9, maybe. But only because of our candy-cake schedule.

And if we beat the Wildcard team in whatever playoff game we might stumble into, we are going to get shelled in the very next game. Like we did last year and the year before. (Then Soohawk will come in saying we win 70% of our games and nothing is wrong because just making the playoffs is an amazing accomplishment....yay.).

The window shut because we gambled that Wilson was a young Steve Young and as the defense got older, the offense would make up for it. But that didn't happen AT ALL. So this year they figured it out and went all in on defense again, because this offense cannot carry a team, it relies on the defense to do that. (If we had not signed Richardson we would have been screwed...can you image this team with THIS offense but last year's defense? Yikes.)
Kansas City isn't as good as they seem because the injuries are stacking up unlike in the Seahawks case. Just a hint from a guy living on the Northside of the river. 8)

Kansas City is good, seriously good but aren't New England playoff good without Eric Berry. That's a safety that can and does cover Gronkowski. The Seahawks don't have that.

Excuse me, the Seahawk's have a safety that knocks Gronk out of the game.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
RussB":30z6fvi8 said:
gowazzu02":30z6fvi8 said:

yes i agree, the past 2 years have been terrible starts and strong finishes, but what happened in the divisional both years?

We got destroyed by the panthers 31-0 then they playted prevent defense and let us get back in the game. I remember in the beggining of the game the o line got absolutely dismantled by kawaan short it was ugly. Then last year the falcons ran us out of their stadium. That will happen again unless serious changes are made, if this team stays as it stands on offense. They will probably make the playoffs, but get dismantled again in the divisional.

Is that the goal here? Why does everyone seem to be ok with getting stomped in the divisional the past 2 years, they are supposed to get past that and go to the NFC championship. You know what bill belichick did when pats lost to the broncos 2 seasons ago? He saw that brady got hit a record high in that game and immediately fired the o line coach the next day. What happened next year? They won the superbowl, because belichick doesnt hesitate to fix the issue even if that means being disloyal, pete cant seem to do that and its dragging the team down.

Im not saying that. BUT what im saying is an UGLY win is a win is a win is a win.

We are 1-1. GB is 1-1, Dallas is 1-1. Arizona is 1-1,

Carolina is 2-0 but struggled vs SF and Buff, Atl is 2-0 but was a dropped td away from losing to the bears.

Nothing that has happened sans us losing an opportunity to steal one in GB has happened to equal getting stomped in the divisional.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but this defense feels like it could carry the team a very long way like the 2000 Ravens. Could be ugly as heck along the way, but essentially only giving up 10 to a fully loaded Rodgers and co at Lambeau says a lot IMO.

mrt144

Reaction score
kobebryant":3vxmyfk0 said:
Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but this defense feels like it could carry the team a very long way like the 2000 Ravens. Could be ugly as heck along the way, but essentially only giving up 10 to a fully loaded Rodgers and co at Lambeau says a lot IMO.

I think the D will carry us far, especially when the opposing offense is put in situations where they must play perfect to make up the difference in points. We have to be heartened by two turnovers taken in two close games that both lead to points (not the TDs we yearn for but still).

If the defense kicks it up to 5th gear I think it could be a blood bath in the last half for other teams.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We start like this about every year and have these sky-is-falling posts every year. Then we light the fuse, find our stride and get set for a deep playoff run.
And harping about the playoffs now is pointless. That's nearly 4 months away. By then, our offensive line hopefully finds its cohesion and becomes what Pete and Cable envision. We'll be knocking on the door of the Super Bowl again without a doubt.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Reason for optimism: historically it takes our OL about 6 weeks to round into form.

Reason for pessimism: you can't be considered a SB contender if any part of your team is the worst in the league. I don't even think a legit SB contender can have the worst ST in the league. Ours is only the OL, no big deal there.

razor150

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ucban23u said:
We start like this about every year and have these sky-is-falling posts every year. Then we light the fuse, find our stride and get set for a deep playoff run.
And harping about the playoffs now is pointless. That's nearly 4 months away. By then, our offensive line hopefully finds its cohesion and becomes what Pete and Cable envision. We'll be knocking on the door of the Super Bowl again without a doubt.

We haven't sniffed the Superbowl since losing to the Pats. The last two teams to get smoked in the Superbowl smoked us before the NFC championship game in the Divisional round.

classicaaron

Reaction score
this team is below average. will probably win the division but only because the division is terrible and then get smoked in the wild card round this year. they have no real chance of contending. and for those saying its the typical slow start. what happened last year in the TB game with 5 points in Nov. the Greenbay game with 10 points in Dec. the last 2 playoff games they got eliminated from? this isn't limited to early season. this has been going on for years, through the course of the season and has not been fixed. it will not get better and the team is taking a step back this year.

I still love um, will watch every week even though it pains me to watch punt after punt. but time to stop being like the eagles and cowboys fans and saying your going to win the superbowl every year and that your the best team in the league even when your eliminated.

they are just not that good this year and you cant be good every year, its impossible. I don't like it but I can admit it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
razor150":3ft5gmg4 said:
Siouxhawk":3ft5gmg4 said:

We haven't sniffed the Superbowl since losing to the Pats. The last two teams to get smoked in the Superbowl smoked us before the NFC championship game in the Divisional round.
Three seasons ago isn't that long of a time period. We will be back knocking on the door.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
razor150":2gyc7izt said:
We haven't sniffed the Superbowl since losing to the Pats.

Two divisional rounds isn't "sniffing" the SB? That's one game away from the SB.

I have news for you, this league ain't easy. I know the Pats make it look easy, but even they went 10 years between their first SB wins and these last two. So maybe some fans need to lower their expectations, cause mowing through an NFL schedule and being in the SB every year?

No team does that. Ever.

If we stay healthy, the offense figures it out and have a little luck along the way? I like our chances as much as anybody. That's all I can ask as a fan.