Let's Flush the Rams game and move forward

Jerhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2n6ni9uy said:
Jerhawk":2n6ni9uy said:
Good points FlyingGreg.

The team has probably already thrown the rams game film in the Week 15 file. The fans won't wash the taste of last week unless the hawks beat San fran. If the team performs the same way, it'll just be double the criticism next week

If we lose to SF I will avoid this board like a plague lol.

Yeah I'm with you there man.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I think we blow em out. Im putting hawks and 16 in pickem. U all r neggy nellies.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2bftwx2o said:
FlyingGreg":2bftwx2o said:
Jerhawk":2bftwx2o said:
Good points FlyingGreg.

The team has probably already thrown the rams game film in the Week 15 file. The fans won't wash the taste of last week unless the hawks beat San fran. If the team performs the same way, it'll just be double the criticism next week

Oh so incredibly tempting......God, why do you test me so?

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1n3kvo90 said:
gowazzu02":1n3kvo90 said:
I think we blow em out. Im putting hawks and 16 in pickem. U all r neggy nellies.

Pick em is for kids.

If you are so confident, throw money down in Vegas.

:eek:

If i ever get to vegas i would. But tomorrow im heading into seattle for work then around 5 head home towards bellevue. Ill pick up the kids on the way.

kf3339

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2mi4v7qn said:
FlyingGreg":2mi4v7qn said:
Jerhawk":2mi4v7qn said:
Good points FlyingGreg.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
kf3339":3pjbantm said:
Jerhawk":3pjbantm said:
FlyingGreg":3pjbantm said:
Jerhawk":3pjbantm said:
Good points FlyingGreg.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'd have an easier time flushing the Rams game if the offense didn't look just as inept against Miami. Back when we still had pro-bowlers on our OL, the list of defensive lines that could completely nullify our offense was relatively short. Niners, Panthers, Rams, Cardinals, maybe one or two others.

After years of Pete inexplicably buying Cable's rap that he needs no talent - or that he can identify talent - the list of teams with defensive lines who can send our O into a tailspin seems like it includes half the league.

I'm more numb to our offensive ineptitude early in the season than I used to be. But "flushing" is something you do with an outlier result. I fear these types of offensive results will be common for a few more games at least.

I'm praying that Ifedi's return has a chain-reaction effect though, which I think it might. Just one or two anchors can make a big difference, as we've seen over the years when we lose them.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
By several accounts we played Game 1 vs the Rams better than we played the Rams the first time last year. It's not just Cable saying that on Wednesday, several bloggers preceded his presser with that same conclusion. One of the stats they looked at was the 74 plays we pulled off on Offense.

I have a few issues with it too, especially RW going quickly with the call to Kearse wide left from the 3 when it looked like Graham had a terrific matchup on the right with only a small CB on him. I also think RW slightly underthrew Lockett, allowing the ankle tackle on the deep ball at the 35. We were very close to TDs on both plays. And don't get me started on the absolutely game-changing OPI calls.. Suffice it to say that even this early-season offense was not ~that~ far away from actually beating the Rams this time.

Latest posts