Let's Get This One Thing Straight…

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Different thread, but he absolutely said they easily win 12 games. Which was pretty funny coming from someone who acted like they might win 4 or 5 all season. And now they lose a couple, and it's time to bash Pete and come out of the woodwork. Same old tired crap.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Young players on defense... they still need time to grow. The defensive parts that need upgrading (Barton, old and ineffective DL) will hopefully get fixed in the offseason. I just don't see the need to be so miffed about the defensive pieces that are still raw. The team is fun again... that's a good thing.

Is the defensive scheme crappy...? Maybe. Will there be changes? Hopefully. But, I say give the youngsters some time to grow.

I think Hurtt was hired to avoid him leaving for another team... and having already fired Norton, losing another voice that the players loved would have been bad for the locker room. Is Hurtt the best candidate for DC? No... there are better. We'll see what happens as the year and offseason progress.

The Seahawks are my team... being invested and rooting for them is good, but getting angry about them is silly, IMHO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think we all get angry, that's part of it. Staying angry and going all doom and gloom? Meh, waste of energy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I haven't talked about Russ in a very long time. He's in the past, long since over it. And clearly is not close to top 10 this year.
We won the trade, good enough. And as usual, this thread has nothing to do with the former guy. He's their problem now.
But do you, I'm busy enjoying THIS current team. Even if the defense is painful to watch.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Funny, I was listening to Kapadia and Solak yesterday and one of their discussion points was is this the beginning of the end for the 22 Hawks. They both figured we weren't done yet and still should make the playoffs. When talking about the woes the past 2 weeks they mentioned a few times about mistakes being made and referring to them as a "young" Seahawks team. Everyone, Hawks fans, national media all say this team is young except one guy. Common sense would tell us who is probably wrong.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They absolutely are a YOUNG team.
I still think this Sunday and Next Sunday tell everything. Win these 2 games and I see them sneaking in to the playoffs. Lose either one, esp to the Rams on Sunday? I don't see it. Would love to be wrong.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Do you honestly believe that?
In one off season we unloaded a broken QB for a King's ransom, had our best draft in over a decade, resurrected a QB into a Pro Bowl caliber leader and QB, and are already a playoff contender.

So I'll ask you, what on earth would make you think different.

You guys are so knee jerk, couple bad losses and you lose any and all rational objective analysis of the big picture.

This team is already over achieving.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
House money when you think about pre-season predictions. They looked like garbage on defense the last couple weeks, that's not knee jerk, that's reality.

Get a win on Sunday and see if you can flip the switch back to how you were playing during the 4 game winning streak. A 4 game winning streak all by double digits. Can the still make the playoffs? Absolutely. Feels 50/50 right now. But again, this team was supposed to suck by all accounts.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Failllllllled (with an "I" and the eight "L's" Wilson and his team have put up in eleven games despite having a defense that has only allowed an average of 17.6 points per game) is the same NFL savant who told us before the season how much better the Broncos were as a team and an organization than the Seahawks.
He also said Wilson is better than Mahomes.

Going through his previous posts to see the depths of wrongness is pretty entertaining, especially given the continued arrogant tone, as if he knew more about how to run an NFL team than Pete Carroll.

So on how much better the Broncos are, there's this gem, from which I'll take some particularly great passages.

So wrong in so many ways that it's actually kind of impressive.

For what it's worth, most Broncos fans are furious that Paton took Surtain when he could have had Micah Parsons.

Yes, we can definitely see from the performance of the Seahawks offense and the Broncos offense this season that the problem when Wilson was with the Seahawks was Carroll running "dated schemes that haven't worked for years." Wilson's MVP-quality campaign and the Seahawks' failure to win any games prove once and for all how absolutely right Failllllllled has been about everything all along. :rolleyes:

I had almost forgotten that Failllllllled watched some YouTube videos about "cash over cap" and convinced himself that now he also knows how to manage an NFL salary cap better than the Seahawks ownership group and front office.

Here's the link to the one where he explains why Wilson is better than Mahomes. If you have any bladder-control issues, I strongly recommend avoiding reading it completely, or at least controlling the situation (maybe open your pants and read it at the toilet or something) because it is genuinely pee-your-pants funny.
As always, he blames Carroll for every failure and gives Wilson credit not just for every success, but for successes that Failllllllled believes the Seahawks or Wilson could have had without Carroll. Oh, and he gives the credit for Mahomes's success to Reid and the offensive line.
Basically, he's a wordier @John63.

Carson Wentz, who looks completely washed and hasn't played since week six, still has two more TD passes this season than Wilson, the $161M starter in Denver who's still on the field failing to produce.

Meanwhile, Mahomes is, as always, in the MVP conversation. Mahomes is tops in DYAR (Wilson is 27th), second in DVOA (Wilson is 27th), second in QBR (Wilson is 30th), fourth in passer rating (Wilson is 29th), and second in ANY/A (Wilson is 24th). Tagovailoa is ahead of Mahomes in DVOA, QBR, passer rating, and ANY/A. Mahomes still belongs in the conversation because even though his per-snap productivity hasn't been as good as Tagovailoa's, Mahomes has *way* more passing plays than Tagovailoa (442 attempts vs. 284), so he's produced more overall value, and that's reflected in DYAR.

Wilson's cap hit this season is just $17M (because the Seahawks are eating a lot of dead money from his bonuses), just 12th-highest among NFL quarterbacks, but he's been so downright awful that even that looks like a huge waste of cap space.

Let us not forget that the approach Failllllllled advocated for the Seahawks was pretty much exactly what the Broncos did, and he held them up as an example to be followed, while putting down the Seahawks for not having done the things the Broncos did. Oopsie! That take aged like unpasteurized milk left in a bucket in the barn.

In the same thread, there's this one, in which he says

Does anyone at all, even Wilson's family, doubt at this point that Wilson is incapable of playing within any offensive scheme or doing anything other than playing the same "Russball" he's been playing since college?

Wilson was lucky he was drafted by a team with a great head coach who found ways to minimize the damage done to the team by Wilson's deficiencies. And now that he's been separated from Pete Carroll and given the "control" he wanted, he's been one of the worst starters in the league. Garoppolo has been noticeably better than Wilson this season!
I love you.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
OK, so is Russell "3 n out" Wilson still a top 10 QB?
You're seriously no better than any of these other posters here that just NEEDS to be "right".

Do you even care if the team wins or do you just care about being "right" because it seems like the latter?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The 24/7 obsession, when we long since won the trade.........talk about tired and boring. We won the trade, they're losing a ton, we are getting a couple VERY good draft picks, good enough.
We get it already. Glad I've long since retired from this subject. I feel bad for the horse. We won. Move the f on already :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah right........ 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱 🥱
We ALL get some things right, we ALL get some things wrong. BFD.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
In one off season we unloaded a broken QB for a King's ransom, had our best draft in over a decade, resurrected a QB into a Pro Bowl caliber leader and QB, and are already a playoff contender.

So I'll ask you, what on earth would make you think different.

You guys are so knee jerk, couple bad losses and you lose any and all rational objective analysis of the big picture.

This team is already over achieving.

What on earth would make me think differently? How about the past 8 or so years of coaching ineptitude?

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
What on earth would make me think differently? How about the past 8 or so years of coaching ineptitude?
Weren’t the Seahawks only behind the Patriots when it came to making the playoffs the last decade (2010-2020)? And the next argument is going to be lack of playoff wins I’m sure? Well it’s obvious now they were very limited with their quarterback😃

ivotuk

Reaction score
Excellent post. Well written, and I'd have a hard time trying to find anything to disagree with.

Glad you're keeping up with these takes. I enjoy them, even the ones I don't wholeheartedly agree with.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Coaching ineptitude, the guy says.

Dude, just go root for a team with "better coaching" and tell me how it goes for you.

You think the grass is greener pretty much everywhere else. It isn't.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You have to understand that Pitt rarely has anything good to say about the team. To the point of basically telling people they are stupid if they believe in the team.
Shoot, even when they win, he doesn't seem truly happy. And that's fine. We all fan how we fan.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
This team has 3 gaping holes that need addressing this offseason. The first is to address the D line. Number 2 draft a replacement for Barton and then finally can we get a healthy Jamal Adams. Love Neal but Adams is a difference maker when healthy