Let's just say we take a cornerback at 20

KinesProf

Reaction score
He also has never taken a QB, WR, DL , C or LB in the first.
Aaron Glenn, CB, 1st round 1994
Chris Canty, CB, 1st round 1997
Damien Woody, C, 1st round 1999
Andy Katzenmoyer, LB, 1st round 1999
LJ Collier, DL, 1st round 2009
Jordyn Brooks, LB, 1st round 2020

Ruminator

Reaction score
What's wrong with you?! It's "a kernel of cornback" or "an ear of cornback" -- not just "a cornback"!

12forlife

Reaction score
Why waste a pick on a player that you can get 4 rounds later when you can focus on needs that are harder to acquire for us. Pete has the coaches that can coach up raw CB's with athletic ability and measurables. Has not shown that in the D line much.
This draft is much deeper @ the CB position in this particular draft. What Dlineman honors being taking @ #20 if Bressee of the board? I think #20 is to early for Mazi Or Benton. If somehow Brents, Gonzalez or Porter are available at #20 that could easily be our pick. Agree Pete & crew can develop solid CB, but still why pass a lock down corner to pair across from Wollen? That would automatically make our Dline better in return???

olyfan63

Reaction score
Why waste a pick on a player that you can get 4 rounds later when you can focus on needs that are harder to acquire for us. Pete has the coaches that can coach up raw CB's with athletic ability and measurables. Has not shown that in the D line much.
Amen. Pete was a DB himself in college, and he has a special affinity and knowledge for coaching up DBs, both corners and safeties. It's one of his coaching superpowers!
That said, if the talent is there, if the Hawks love, say, Christian Gonzalez, are sure he's the next Jalen Ramsey, Richard Sherman, and Darelle Revis rolled into 1, next Sauce Gardner, I'm in!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IMO taking a CB in the 1st round is not a bad thing, it means we're drafting the best available player and not trying to shoehorn a lesser player because of need.

Thus why I love most of the free agent signings so far, it's giving us far more flexibility in the draft to NOT be desperate for need picks.

Joey Porter Jr or Gonzalez at 20? You telling me you wouldn't want to see one of these guys opposite Woolen for the next 4-5 years? It'd be unbelievable.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He also has never taken a QB, WR, DL , C or LB in the first. Does that mean he won’t if one is available that he wants? No, and the tired argument of “Pete doesn’t take CB early,” is getting old.

If he had a shot at Ramsey, they would have sprinted to the stage to draft him.
The Seahawks drafted Bruce Irvin and LJ Collier in 1st round

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Irvin was a LB hybrid, Collier um DNF................ I think he is still at the combine lost actually.
Both of those could be true but the post I responded to claimed that PC never drafted a QB, WR, DL , C or LB in the first. Which is factually incorrect.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He also has never taken a QB, WR, DL , C or LB in the first. Does that mean he won’t if one is available that he wants? No, and the tired argument of “Pete doesn’t take CB early,” is getting old.

If he had a shot at Ramsey, they would have sprinted to the stage to draft him.
He's never taken a CB until the late-third, let alone the first. And your statement is full of falsehoods.

And he has taken DL in the first. Arguably, twice. Bruce Irvin (he was a 43 edge initially) and LJ Collier. If you don't consider Bruce a DL, fine, then your claim about not taking a LB in the first is also untrue.

They've also traded a first round pick for a wide receiver (Percy Harvin).

GemCity

Reaction score
If we take a CB at 20….I fully expect that dude to be absolutely phenomenal considering we usually don’t pick them that high.

Latest posts