Lets talk Atlanta...

A

Anonymous

Fan68 is a beast.

Stop while you're behind, FalconFanNW, resistance is futile.

LolaRox

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1jmeymdh said:
seahawkfreak":1jmeymdh said:
FalconsFanNW":1jmeymdh said:
sdog1981":1jmeymdh said:
Matt Ryan finds ways to lose in the playoffs.

Here we go again.

2008 rookie season 30-24 loss on road.
2010 48-21 loss to GB who never punted.
2011 24-2 loss to NYG 0 picks. Same D that beat Pats.
2012 28-24 loss to SF. D blew 17-0 lead. 400 yards pass with 3 TD and 1 pick.

But yeah.... he finds a way to lose. Mike Smith was an idiot for letting him play defense those games.
Hmmmmm, only thing I see is,,,, you lost. You can asterisk all you want. You lost. Your team has one of the worst histories in the NFL. They overall suck. Suck!

I never said we didn't lose. My point was Ryan doesn't play defense.

Maybe he should have because he was awful at QB in those two games.

kf3339

Reaction score
chris98251":1ljxe1bx said:
Screw Atlanta tonight, Enjoy the win over the Lions, I had doubts and am so glad I was wrong, so impressed with Rawls and how the line opened holes, Cable defiantly making his argument for being hired with tonight's performance.

^ This.

It was an impressive win against the Lions. We will have plenty of time to talk about Atlanta during the week. For right now enjoy the win!

penihawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1fbi5npi said:
If I were a Falcon fan, nothing from last night would really concern me. The Lions are not the Falcons. Matt Ryan isnt going to be playing with 4 fingers. Julio Jones isn't going to drop gimme slants over the middle. Devonta Freeman could be amputated tomorrow and be a better RB than anything on the Lions roster. So while last night's win was great, to win Saturday on the road is going to be a very real challenge and as well as we played last night, we still had a painfully slow start to the game.

We can get away with that against Detroit, but if we do that Saturday we are going to be playing from behind on the road yet again. Just like 2012 and just like last year in Carolina.

It is paramount to our chances to not start slow. To put the pressure on them, because as much as Falcon fans may want to deny it.. a fast Seahawk start could have the same sort of effect on the game.

This is a game that can really go either way IMO. Just depends which road Seahawk team shows up.

:ditto: This game will come down to stopping the run (keep them out of 2nd & short),negative plays(both creating and avoiding) and taking care of the ball for the Hawks. Playoff football is always hard to predict, that's why they play the games.

Good luck Falcons fans, hope it's a great game. Whoever moves on has a tough game ahead regardless of who it is. :irishdrinkers:

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
hawks85":ezzsvomt said:
Division opponents are always tough. You guys lost to the Bucs week 1. Yoy guys play in a weak division there is no clear dominant team in that division. This year its you guys last year panthers etc...

We don't play in the NFC West.

Jimjones0384":ezzsvomt said:
Don't forget, this is the number one rushing d.

Hey that's cool... but Atlanta also has a passing game in addition to their running game.

Hasselbeck":ezzsvomt said:
If I were a Falcon fan, nothing from last night would really concern me. The Lions are not the Falcons. Matt Ryan isnt going to be playing with 4 fingers. Julio Jones isn't going to drop gimme slants over the middle. Devonta Freeman could be amputated tomorrow and be a better RB than anything on the Lions roster. So while last night's win was great, to win Saturday on the road is going to be a very real challenge and as well as we played last night, we still had a painfully slow start to the game.

We can get away with that against Detroit, but if we do that Saturday we are going to be playing from behind on the road yet again. Just like 2012 and just like last year in Carolina.

It is paramount to our chances to not start slow. To put the pressure on them, because as much as Falcon fans may want to deny it.. a fast Seahawk start could have the same sort of effect on the game.

This is a game that can really go either way IMO. Just depends which road Seahawk team shows up.

Yes it can go either way... excellent post Hasselbeck. Best postgame post I've seen in fact from a Seattle fan.
sutz":ezzsvomt said:
hawkfan68":ezzsvomt said:
Matt Ryan = Tony Romo in the post-season.
Ouch! That's gotta hurt. :laugh:

Not at all. Don't think Romo ever threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs in a game his D blew a 17-0 lead.

It's easy to blame the QB but football is a team game and Matt Ryan doesn't play defense.

LolaRox":ezzsvomt said:

Awful getting shut out by the Giants? He didn't throw any picks. He was shut down by a D on fire... just like Brady was in the Super Bowl.

Awful throwing for 200 yards with a TD and 2 picks vs GB in a game GB scored on every possession?

Ok man. He's never been Russell Wilson NFC Championship 2014 awful... and he couldn't afford to either. He's never had a defense to carry him like Wilson has.

penihawk":ezzsvomt said:
Good luck Falcons fans, hope it's a great game. Whoever moves on has a tough game ahead regardless of who it is. :irishdrinkers:

Yeah man... should be a great game.

LolaRox

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":308lfrz0 said:
LolaRox":308lfrz0 said:

Awful getting shut out by the Giants? He didn't throw any picks. He was shut down by a D on fire... just like Brady was in the Super Bowl.

Awful throwing for 200 yards with a TD and 2 picks vs GB in a game GB scored on every possession?

Ok man. He's never been Russell Wilson NFC Championship 2014 awful... and he couldn't afford to either. He's never had a defense to carry him like Wilson has.

Yep, he was awful. In the Packer game his two interceptions included a terrible pick 6 at the end of the half that put the Packers up two scores and he also had a fumble that you didn't mention. Yes the Giants played well on defense but Ryan wasn't good in that game.

Living in Atlanta, I watch and root for the Falcons also. They are having a great season, but don't act like Ryan hasn't had his struggles in the playoffs. I think a large part of it was Mike Smith but some of it is on Ryan as well.

toffee

Reaction score
I have faith in our defense in keeping Ryan and company under 4TDs, probably between 2-3 TDs even without Earl.

I don't have faith in our offense, but I hope Winson, RBs, and OL somehow score more than 3 TDs, Falcon's defense is suspected so it's up to our boys to exploit their weaknesses.

Defense may not win every championship, but I have faith that our D can contain their O, but their D may allow our O to score. Is Falcon's D any better than Lion's?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
LolaRox":3hi8mfr1 said:
Living in Atlanta, I watch and root for the Falcons also. They are having a great season, but don't act like Ryan hasn't had his struggles in the playoffs. I think a large part of it was Mike Smith but some of it is on Ryan as well.

I guess. Sure he hasn't had lights out games, but they weren't horrible either. Nobody stopped GB those years and nobody stopped the Giants. I don't care how good of a QB you are... when your D can't force a punt all game long against the opponents it's gonna be a long day.

I also wouldn't call 400 yards passing and 3 TDs with 1 pick and 115 rating vs SF all that awful... he was up 17-0 and not his fault the D blew it.

Apples and oranges now... we have 2 offensive starters (Ryan, Julio) and 1 defensive starter (Babs) along with our K, P, and LS left over from that 2012 team. No reason to really compare the two teams.

... and yeah, Mike Smith was horrible. The man spoke to the team like he was at a funeral. Quinn is simply amazing.

LolaRox

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":20gj8msa said:
LolaRox":20gj8msa said:

I guess. Sure he hasn't had lights out games, but they weren't horrible either. Nobody stopped GB those years and nobody stopped the Giants. I don't care how good of a QB you are... when your D can't force a punt all game long against the opponents it's gonna be a long day.

I also wouldn't call 400 yards passing and 3 TDs with 1 pick and 115 rating vs SF all that awful... he was up 17-0 and not his fault the D blew it.

Apples and oranges now... we have 2 offensive starters (Ryan, Julio) and 1 defensive starter (Babs) along with our K, P, and LS left over from that 2012 team. No reason to really compare the two teams.

... and yeah, Mike Smith was horrible. The man spoke to the team like he was at a funeral. Quinn is simply amazing.

Wasn't talking about the SF game nor was I comparing the past teams to the current one. I was simply replying to your comment about Ryan in those games.

This we can agree on. :2thumbs: