Lets talk ball...

pehawk

Reaction score
I once invited Vladimir Stepania to join us in VIP at a douchey club. He was wearing the infamous (if you're a Supersonics savant) turquoise vest and kept denying he was a hoopster by saying "I no play blah".

Alright, so, what's the match-ups in the Colts game the Seahawks should win? What's the troublesome match-ups? What's your take? Lets talk blah...

Here's a few of mine

1) The Dolphins won because of their Dline, IMO. While the Fins have the superior starting DLine, the Seahawks can match their effectiveness through their rotation and depth. It's huge Sunday.

2) IRVIN's BACK. Irvin is my pick to become a star this year. He was never drafted to be a conventional DE, he was drafted to be a defensive weapon. With Bennett and maybe even Hill playing I'm salivating over the thought of Irvin standing just behind the line, in any gap, and doing what he do. Ironcially, his duties this year, would've been better suited for 2012 Irvin. For the first few games, Irvin will be unleashed on the QB, and use that amazing instinct. I expect him to be sent, a lot, right at Luck.

3) Irvin surprisingly looked graceful in what little coverage he played this preseason. If he worked on it during the suspension, Irvin could definetly quell the Seahawks susceptibility to great TE/QB relationships. Note, its not like defending the TE is a weakness, it still takes a special QB/TE relationship to get one past them. Fleener and Luck at least have longevity/familiarity enough to get a few grabs.

4) Richardson shouldn't be a problem.

5) Hilton may be a problem....he seems like the type to match-up well with the Seahawks.

6) Seahawks offense vs Colts defense? Who knows. None of us can figure out what the Seahawks identity or game-plan is a lot of times.

hidn

Reaction score
Our productivity on offense will hinge on the play of the offensive line. If they can give RW 3-4 seconds to throw, he should be able to make things happen and get us into the endzone.

I would expect Lynch to be productive. We'll likely see a lot of run, run, pass this week. My guess is that Bevell will rely heavily on the WR screens and PA roll outs early.

I suspect the reason we didn't see a lot of moving pockets this week was because we didn't have time to bring the OL fully up to speed and wanted to keep it simple for them.

Judging by the success previous teams have had on us, I think Indy will try some delayed blitzes. This will put some pressure on RW to see it and get the ball out to the hot read. If he can make Indy pay for it, the offensive lines job will be a lot easier. I also don't think we'll see a lot of zone blitzes because our receivers haven't shown an aptitude for getting quick separation in man coverage. This should open up some faster developing rub routes that we can use on the outside. Similar to what we saw against Jax.

If they do for whatever reason go to a zone, quick slants and WR screens will be the key. There is a chance (albeit small) that Bevell puts the game on RW's shoulders and gameplans to air it out.

I think we will see a productive Seahawks offense this week. Their defense doesn't have someone on the DL or in their secondary that can take over the game like cushing and JJ did last week.

McGruff

Reaction score
Indy is a weird team. Luck gets all the play in the media, but that defense statistically ranks very well. However, outside of Rasheen Mathis, I can't name a single Colts defensive player off the top of my head.

So I dug a little deeper into why their defense is ranked so highly, and they've played three of the worst offenses in the league so far in SF (21st overall), Oakland (20th), and Jax (32nd). The one good offense they played against they gave up 24 points and lost.

That's not to say they are a horrible defense, but they have't really been tested. I'm not sure we are much of a teat for them, given the state of our oline, but with Beast and the Robot, I like our chances.

On offense, Indy is similar to us. You wouldn't think so because Andrew Luck is a deity in cleats, but they run the ball first, foremost and often. He's a game manager. So I think that if we stuff the run and put this thing on Andrew Luck vs. The LoB we win handily.

McGruff

Reaction score
Regarding Hilton . . . I believe he plays the slot, which would put him against III and that's a matchup I like.

If they move him outside against Browner I'm a little more worried.

formido

Reaction score
Gore ran all over them. We should be able to, too, even with backups, I think. If Unger plays, moreso.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
McGruff":43ifh5wh said:
Regarding Hilton . . . I believe he plays the slot, which would put him against III and that's a matchup I like.

If I'm Pagano, I put Hilton outside because of that. Or, maybe Sherman shadow's Hilton all game?

I don't know enough about Fleener's play to say whether he deserves a CB occasionally. And, unlike SF, Wayne and Hilton demand attention, at least.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
McGruff":t03xycc2 said:

Hilton has been nearly invisible to Luck so far this season, as far as I can tell. That, and he's not getting much play time as Darrius Heyward-Bey has reared his head again as the Colts #2 receiver. They definitely have some speed in the WR corps, though.

I'm actually more concerned about Bradshaw being back than I am Richardson.

Latest posts