Levi's® Stadium Named Sports Facility of the Year

Laloosh

Reaction score
Let's see how it looks after we win a Super Bowl in it.

253hawk

Reaction score
I guess the only major requirement to winning Sports Facility of the Year is to have amazing wi-fi.

Smellyman

Reaction score
It's a nice sadium if you like press boxes, suites and wifi.

Kinda reminds of old stanford stadium, one section of it is unfinished.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":32afvlld said:
Marvin49":32afvlld said:
Sports Hernia":32afvlld said:
ringless":32afvlld said:
Figured this would bring a few smiles and laughs....

http://www.49ers.com/news/blog/article-2/Levis®-Stadium-Named-Sports-Facility-of-the-Year/afcbd512-57fc-4ded-86f0-c45d471b53a3
Isn't that like Jerruh Jones being named GM of the year??? 8)
Sounds like they are trying to "pimp up" the place for Super Bowl L.

Contrary to many opinions, its a pretty damn nice stadium. Sucks that they had a less than stellar first season and there were a lot of "fans" who showed up just to check out the new digs (and paid through the nose to season ticket holders for that chance), but I have zero complaints about the stadium itself.

Turf issue hopefully has been resolved.
As long as you're happy Marvin, that's all that counts. ;)
Personally I don't care one way or the other, my team only plays one game there a year (hopefully 2 in 2016). As long as the field surface is good and better than 2014, and doesn't turn into Heinz Field part 2 when my team plays their is all I care about.

F I F Y.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Smellyman":1kr2ho4z said:

....and 2 enormous Jumbotrons (both wider than the ones in Dallas tho not as tall), 60-90 foot wide concourses with views of the field, Food delivery to your seat via stadium app....etc, etc.

253hawk

Reaction score
All I need is a seat and a win. Everything else is irrelevant.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Marvin49":2fstq3g9 said:
Smellyman":2fstq3g9 said:

....and 2 enormous Jumbotrons (both wider than the ones in Dallas tho not as tall), 60-90 foot wide concourses with views of the field, Food delivery to your seat via stadium app....etc, etc.

you're naming more reasons why it sucks as a football stadium.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Smellyman":237e4rnw said:
Marvin49":237e4rnw said:
Smellyman":237e4rnw said:

Sure...if you say so.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
If they bring beer with the app.....well that is a different story. :D

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":h9qoo8gj said:
Smellyman":h9qoo8gj said:
Marvin49":h9qoo8gj said:
Smellyman":h9qoo8gj said:

Sure...if you say so.

1155787c919960808abdc8cdac68bf63 crop north

Wow, that made Everbank the best stadium in pro sports. :sarcasm_off:

Seriously, you only need all that as a distraction from a crappy product. Why do you think the Mariners installed one?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":2k1lozqw said:
1155787c919960808abdc8cdac68bf63 crop north

Wow, that made Everbank the best stadium in pro sports. :sarcasm_off:

Seriously, you only need all that as a distraction from a crappy product. Why do you think the Mariners installed one?

oh Please.

They built a brand new stadium after playing in Candlestick for decades. Stop making out like they put a huge Jumbotron on a decrepit old stadium to help ticket sales. They built a brand new venue because it was time just as eventually it will be again in Seattle and then I doubt you'll be saying the size of the screens has anything to do with how good the team is.

Its a nice stadium. Period. Has nothing to do with the volume of the crowd, the record of the team, or anything else. Its justa nice stadium. They were awarded for that. Efforts to make out like its not are really, really silly.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well the Edsel was a new car, and we seen how that worked out.........................:)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":171hlaaa said:
Sports Hernia":171hlaaa said:
Marvin49":171hlaaa said:
Sports Hernia":171hlaaa said:
Figured this would bring a few smiles and laughs....

http://www.49ers.com/news/blog/article-2/Levis®-Stadium-Named-Sports-Facility-of-the-Year/afcbd512-57fc-4ded-86f0-c45d471b53a3
Isn't that like Jerruh Jones being named GM of the year??? 8)
Sounds like they are trying to "pimp up" the place for Super Bowl L.

Contrary to many opinions, its a pretty damn nice stadium. Sucks that they had a less than stellar first season and there were a lot of "fans" who showed up just to check out the new digs (and paid through the nose to season ticket holders for that chance), but I have zero complaints about the stadium itself.

Turf issue hopefully has been resolved.
As long as you're happy Marvin, that's all that counts. ;)
Personally I don't care one way or the other, my team only plays one game there a year (hopefully 2 in 2016). As long as the field surface is good and better than 2014, and doesn't turn into Heinz Field part 2 when my team plays their is all I care about.

F I F Y.
Thanks for the fix, :th2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Just for peeps who had questions about the Field conditions at Levis this year...

http://www.49ers.com/news/blog/article- ... d=facebook

A 23,000 square-foot track made of artificial turf was installed around the playing surface of the 49ers home stadium last month.

Levi's® Stadium, the multi-use venue which has Taylor Swift and Grateful Dead concerts planned for the summer, will now have turf around the playing surface to satisfy the needs of the building and maintain the playing surface's integrity. Turf tracks have been a commonplace around NFL stadiums and international soccer venues. The usage of a turf track will minimize the wear and tear of the most heavily trafficked areas of the field.

The installation of a turf track will reduce costs, water use (20 percent) and waste. The turf will also decrease the amount of natural grass required when the playing field needs to be re-sodded.

Unlike most other venues featuring some form of manufactured track around a natural grass playing surface, the new track around Levi's® Stadium is a playable surface that transitions smoothly from the grass field. The stadium has means for testing the density of natural grass and artificial turf and that measurement is essentially identical for the new installation at Levi's® Stadium.

In addition to announcing the turf track, the club shared its plans for handling the playing surface in 2015.

Over the next year, the stadium is expected to be re-sodded (either completely or in-part) more than six times. According to the club, most NFL venues are re-sodded three to four times per year.

Due to the number of events hosted at Levi's® Stadium, the sod changes will be made to insure a consistent playing environment throughout the year.

The new-look field was showcased successfully two weeks ago during a San Jose Earthquakes game against Orlando City SC.