Levi's® Stadium Named Sports Facility of the Year

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Forgive me if I take a wait and see attitude on the subject. As long as the field is in good shape when my team plays there is all I care about. Grass fields are not as simple to maintain as folks think.

I remember the Mariners having some problems with Safeco field when it opened in 2001. They had hired a head groundskeeper that was not familiar with the NW climate, they fired they guy after a year and hired a guy that kept Cheney Field in Tacoma pristine for 30 years and the grass at Safeco has been great ever since.

Now sure, a football field takes more of a beating than a baseball field, but how a field is maintained is often overlooked.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":39rtamwa said:
Forgive me if I take a wait and see attitude on the subject. As long as the field is in good shape when my team plays there is all I care about. Grass fields are not as simple to maintain as folks think.

I remember the Mariners having some problems with Safeco field when it opened in 2001. They had hired a head groundskeeper that was not familiar with the NW climate, they fired they guy after a year and hired a guy that kept Cheney Field in Tacoma pristine for 30 years and the grass at Safeco has been great ever since.

Now sure, a football field takes more of a beating than a baseball field, but how a field is maintained is often overlooked.

Forgiven. :)

Lord knows they had a ton of issues last year. Hopefully they've learned from those mistakes and the new plan results in great field conditions all year.

Latest posts