Little Big News Regarding Husky Hoops

CPHawk

Reaction score
I've said forever, Romar = Kent. Both could recruit their asses off, but neither can win unless the players stay 3-4 years.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
http://usatodayhss.com/2016/michael-por ... randon-roy

What a huge week for Nathan Hale HS. They get Brandon Roy as their head coach, and on top of that get top 5 recruit Michael Porter Jr and his younger brother Jontay Porter who will likely be a top 50 recruit once the rankings come out for his class.

When it comes to basketball in Seattle, it has always been the same names: Raineer Beach, Garfield, Franklin, and sometimes a school like O'dea. With these additions, I think this puts Nathan Hale in a position to compete for a state title, and it sounds like they could get some kids to transfer over. Who wouldn't want to play for the Brandon Roy and alongside Michael Porter Jr?

Porter Jr will probably be the best HS kid to ever play in the state of Washington. Better than guys like Roy, Spencer Hawes, the Stewart twins, Jason Terry, Michael Dickerson, and Jamal Crawford.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1rjoz523 said:
http://usatodayhss.com/2016/michael-porter-jr-brother-transfer-to-nathan-hale-seattle-to-play-for-new-coach-brandon-roy

What a huge week for Nathan Hale HS. They get Brandon Roy as their head coach, and on top of that get top 5 recruit Michael Porter Jr and his younger brother Jontay Porter who will likely be a top 50 recruit once the rankings come out for his class.

When it comes to basketball in Seattle, it has always been the same names: Raineer Beach, Garfield, Franklin, and sometimes a school like O'dea. With these additions, I think this puts Nathan Hale in a position to compete for a state title, and it sounds like they could get some kids to transfer over. Who wouldn't want to play for the Brandon Roy and alongside Michael Porter Jr?

Porter Jr will probably be the best HS kid to ever play in the state of Washington. Better than guys like Roy, Spencer Hawes, the Stewart twins, Jason Terry, Michael Dickerson, and Jamal Crawford.

Best ever? Yeah, ok. Better than Ridnour, who was Pac 10 POY, The Stash, Aaron Brooks and Marvin Williams? All lottery picks and POY in the state of WA? Hyperbole much?

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CPHawk":2e05eyn4 said:
Hawk-Lock":2e05eyn4 said:
http://usatodayhss.com/2016/michael-porter-jr-brother-transfer-to-nathan-hale-seattle-to-play-for-new-coach-brandon-roy

Best ever? Yeah, ok. Better than Ridnour, who was Pac 10 POY, The Stash, Aaron Brooks and Marvin Williams? All lottery picks and POY in the state of WA? Hyperbole much?

I'm talking about highest rated prospet coming out of high school. I'm not looking past HS, simply highest touted prospect before they even hit the college scene. I forgot about Marvin Williams, but coming out of HS I don't think he was considered a top 5 IIRC. I want to say Marvin was somewhere in the 5-10 range. Ridnour, Aaron Brooks, Stash and Hawes were not considered top 5 prospects in the nation. The one guy I forgot was Martell Webster, who was the #4 ranked player on scout coming out of Seattle Prep (oh what could have been if he went to UW instead of jumping straight to the NBA).

I'm not saying MPJ will be better than those guys, I'm just saying he is considered a better prospect than those guys when they were in HS. So no, it's not a hyperbole. MPJ is currently ranked #5 on scout, and #4 on ESPN, and many people believe he could be #1 by next year. He is that good.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
4-star guard Jaylen Nowell from Garfield just committed to UW for the 2017 class. If we get MPJ, it could be the best recruiting class in the history of UW, and likely a top 3 recruiting class in the nation. Woof!