Liv and pga to merge

Threedee

Reaction score
As much as I disliked LIV, the PGA wasn't going to outlast a tour that took 30% of their best players and had the deepest pockets in the history of league ownership to just continue to bribe players to defect from the PGA.

In the end this should be a good thing for us golf fans (and I assume most of the players). More money, and most importantly more continuity with TV, tournaments, qualifications, majors, etc. That's all golf fans want, to see the best players all playing in the same tournaments.
I only watch the grand slam events of golf and tennis (and sometimes the triple crown events of horse racing), so, the merger probably won't impact my viewing habits. It's been a lot of drama, though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I only watch the grand slam events of golf and tennis (and sometimes the triple crown events of horse racing), so, the merger probably won't impact my viewing habits. It's been a lot of drama, though.

Probably not. But the continuity of tournaments, ranking systems and majors has suffered greatly since LIV started. Which does matter in golf. It's how players qualify, how Ryder Cup captains pick their players, all of it.

Again, I'm still not happy about a foreign entity just buying one of our oldest and most hallowed sports leagues. Hell, they bought more than just the PGA, they bought the Euro tour as well. Not sure that's progress.