Liz Mathews info on Harvin via Carroll per twitter

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Basis4day":1fbujnoa said:
When he's ready, hes ready. Exactly what Pete has said the entire time. Expecting updates by the hour isn't going to change his game status.

Frankly I don't really want to see him until the Saints game- This to me would be the perfect time to bring him back. You'd get the bye to continue to work him into the gameplan and that gives him another 3 weeks to get his legs back under him.

Infact I think we'll see Harvin, Okung and Breno all coming back for the big game against the Saints.

I'd much rather sit him a few more weeks if that makes it more likely he'll be available in January/February.

bigcc

Reaction score
or you can look at percy harvins twitter, whom I am more inclined to believe than Jay Rhodes

Percy_Harvin Hawks getting very very close......
About 2 days ago by Percy Harvin Seattle Seahawks - Wide Receiver

Percy_Harvin Its been à while tank on supa full

we're 8-1 without him, two fairly easy games then a bye, and then NO at home and SF the week after..... why give these teams gamefilm to watch on what our offense is gonna look like with him out there? Hell even if he DOESN'T play this season, they should activate him just so its on the back of DC's minds

jblaze

Reaction score
Don't even need him for ATL/Minny. Let him and the tackles come back for NO.

HFA is one thing but having him for the playoffs at all is more important.

Mindsink

Reaction score
I know. I didn't say it was necessarily credible or factual. I'm just putting it out there because this guy is "on the inside", so to speak.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I feel like MN would be ideal because it would give him the bye to recover from any first-game soreness. If he starts off vs. NO, he only gets a short week to recover before SF.

But who knows, amirite? This has been a guessing game from Day 1.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Pete doesn't want any tape of the Harvin-equipped Seahawks to exist when New Orleans comes to town.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Certainly there's an element of gamesmanship in all of this. In fact, Pete being Pete, it wouldn't stun me if he's telling Harvin to tweet such messages of inspiration. War, business, marriage...always best to keep your adversary unknowing and off balance.

As alluded to 1,000,000 +/- times, it wouldn't be wise to bring Harvin back any sooner than absolutely necessary. That shouldn't be the case over the next 3 weeks. Some fear that not getting him actual game time will hinder his production when called upon. Every report I've heard from our players and staff alike, suggest our practices are very competitive and rival actual games in intensity. I am confident the likes of Sherman and Thomas can duplicate anything the Saints or 9ers can throw at Harvin. Better to keep him in a more controlled environment at this time, IMO.

hawk45

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1ep8ms2n said:
MontanaHawk05":1ep8ms2n said:
Pete doesn't want any tape of the Harvin-equipped Seahawks to exist when New Orleans comes to town.

I hope that's not his concern. We need to beat ATL and MIN first.

Seriously. Gamesmanship would be an okay plan if we weren't threatening to piss away HFA to the weak sisters of the NFL every week.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I know this guy on facebook that said the Vikings game is when he will be back.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bigcc":1c0859i7 said:
or you can look at percy harvins twitter, whom I am more inclined to believe than Jay Rhodes

Percy_Harvin Hawks getting very very close......

Percy_Harvin Its been à while tank on supa full

we're 8-1 without him, two fairly easy games then a bye, and then NO at home and SF the week after..... why give these teams gamefilm to watch on what our offense is gonna look like with him out there? Hell even if he DOESN'T play this season, they should activate him just so its on the back of DC's minds

You don't have to give them game film. Just put him out there and have him run some regular routes. Throw him in the slot and put Baldwin out wide; that's wrinkle enough. Baldwin's not a total speedster, but he's so sudden in and out of his breaks, it could take an outside defender off balance after covering Kearse and Tate all game.

He's not practicing today so likely he won't play vs. Atlanta, but I can see what a few others have said here; give him about 10-12 plays in his first game back, then unleash him. I can see him getting his feet wet against Minny. He'll get his few reps, get to play against his former team, and then rest up over the bye to take away any soreness.

I would think the team would want him to get a good couple games in before playing the Niners. Harvin lives in the area that LBers occupy, so he's going to need to be on his game against them.

Exittium

Reaction score
I don't think we'll see him until after the Bye week. I'm only thinking that due to IMO our biggest two games are right afterwards, Saints and 49ers and I'd think we would want to give them as little on Harvin (game planning wise) as possible. Hell I don't think he'll even play full game against the Saints maybe 10 snaps or so.. I really thing this goes back to the Harbough vs Carroll rivalry and Harvin in a way is a guy you can't really game plan for if you've never seen him play with the team and their current schemes. Which if this is the case im completely happy waiting, watching the Saints and 49ers go into meltdown mode because of the ace up pete's sleeve

Meedsy

Reaction score
I know my opinion means absolutely nothing but I really think if he is healthy it would be highly beneficial to get him some snaps against Minnesota. Let him feel the game speed so he is ready to roll against the Saints. Not to mention I'm sure he would LOVE to play against his old team and he will have the bye week to heal any soreness he may have.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
We have all seen that Pete plays his cards "close to the vest". He is very stingy regarding any player's real condition....and intentionally trys to mislead folk. We'll know Friday what will happen in Atlanta. I obviously can't predict "poop" as I thought that he would play against the Bucs.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Well, I don't know when Harvin is going to hit the real playing field, but he has to be placed on the Active Roster by the Minny game on Nov 17th or he stays in the IR for the entire season.

MattR92

Reaction score
Mindsink":2z6am3a2 said:
I follow this guy on facebook. He works for the Seattle Seahawks.

He doesn't actually work for the Seahawks. It says on his facebook that he currently lives in New York.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Well if he didn't practice recently and is still in "rehab" it seems highly unlikely he will play in Atlanta. We probably won't need him for Minnesota if he's borderline ready so he'll probably play against NO after the BYE.

I think it would be extremely useful to us if he could play VS. Atlanta though. I think this is one of our most dangerous games for the remainder of the season. We are most likely playing at our worst right now and if we continue like this we could very easily lose to Atlanta.

After the Bye is when I expect we will start hitting our stride and tear people up into the playoffs.

Would be too bad though if we lose to Atlanta and it ends up costing us home field advantage.

Latest posts