LOL Germain Ifedi calls out PFF

randomation

Reaction score
The unsportsmanlike on Ifedi is misleading hiis qb was at the bottom of that pile which is why he was trying to get people off. The fact the refs aren't pulling people off and just waiting is a freaking joke especially when it's a qb at the bottom of the pile.

davidonmi

Reaction score
PFF is a joke, but so was your unit on Sunday night. Own it.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Hawks46":296eh5ev said:
CodeWarrior":296eh5ev said:
You can't have our frugal approach to the OL then put your first round OL picks inside. Those guys HAVE to play outside. I may be an idiot (probably am) but given his draft position and our OL approach Ifedi should be our starting RT. If that wasn't the plan I'd have rather taken Jason Spriggs and put him at LT.

Why can't you slide them inside first ? I'll give you an example:

Justin Britt was a "reach" at RT, coming out of a spread offense. He was deemed raw and would need an adjustment period to the NFL, in splits, footwork, etc. He started as a rookie and was pretty bad in pass protection, yet good in run blocking. Yet he was deemed a "bust" and a spectacular fail by all the OL "experts" on the internet (I'm not saying .net as it was consistent across a lot of fan sites). So he was put at LG; my theory is that they needed him there more than RT, but most people theorize that he washed out spectacularly and was moved inside. No 2nd year, no other chances.

So he's never played LG, and he fails spectacularly. So he's slid inside to the cacophony of calls of "bust!" from said internet OL experts. Now he's slid inside to Center, which he's never played. He's looking like one of the better Centers in the league in his first year.

You either deal with growing pains on the outside, or you deal with growing pains on the inside. With the glut of spread offenses in college football, it's common knowledge that guys are coming out and taking a year or two to acclimate to the NFL and make an impact.

Maybe, just maybe, Cable learned from that mistake and started Ifedi inside out. I don't think we had a great plan at Tackle, but Gilliam also looks worse than he did last year.

There's a lot of logic in what you're saying, but given how we approach the OL I just don't see where our tackles are supposed to come from. We don't pay for FAs nor retain our own tackles. It is generally more difficult to find a quality tackle than it is a guard and a poor tackle is exposed more easily and completely than a poor guard. If our plan is to use cost-controlled or bargain players on the line we can't take our talented and still cost-controlled players (high picks) and put them inside. Tackles demand top dollar and talent level and it seems our only window for legitimate tackles is the first contracts of high picks.

What has this team done at tackle that inspires confidence in their ability to groom/discover talent?

erik2690

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/791015691784773632[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
PFF is a playground for want to be scouts and authors.

If you’re going to tell someone they suck, at least tell them why you’re saying so. PFF will give some background on some grades, especially when pressed, and we’ve even seen them change grades when questioned on them (hmmm) but for the most part, they keep it hidden. Why?

“We did all of this hard work and we want you to see it!” What would be wrong with that? Once such person who wants to see PFF’s work this week: Ifedi.

“@GermainX1: Yalls work is usually trash, but this is really a dumpster fire @PFF” says Ifedi, linking to an article that graded him as the ninth-worst player in the entire NFL this week. Number three was teammate Garry Gilliam. Number two was teammate Bradley Sowell. According to PFF, three-fifths of Seattle’s offensive line was one-third of the worst players in the league this week.

I don’t know how the math on that works, but at least I showed you my work.
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/10/25/13409938/germain-ifedi-pff-trash-dumpster-fire-bradley-sowell-garry-gilliam-grades-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

The go to resource >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/[/urltargetblank]