Looking forward to…

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Just a few hours to the kickoff of the 2021 Seahawks season and along with the return of Football Im looking forward to a few specific things.

The defense. I’m excited about this defense. Two guys that were added late last year but became important cogs, now won’t be learning the system while they play. Adams and Dunlap. Adams joined the team shortly before the 2020 season and had very little camp time with the team. Dunlap came in an in season trade and also had to learn on the fly. They both performed extremely well and made a difference on the 2020 team.
The d-line in general. The pass rush and d-line rotation looks to be as solid as it has in years. I’m anticipating a few stars to emerge out of the young guys who have and are paying their dues. Green, Robinson and Mone could have bright futures. This d-line rotation reminds me a bit of a good college line where guys have learned under the upper classmen and now get their chance to shine.

I’m looking forward to see who actually emerges as the starters at CB. I don’t think any of us fans can say for certain who the main starters will be for the majority of the season. I do believe that someone out of this group will emerge as a good CB. I just have no clue who.

On offense I’m anticipating a functional line that works well for The talents of #3. Lewis played well as a rookie but now has a year of experience under his belt. Jackson is an upgrade at LG over the past couple years. The tackles should be solid. The real question mark is at center. Is Fuller the answer? Barring an injury to Fuller, I don’t think Pocic will play much. The skill positions are as good as we’ve seen for awhile.

I’m just really looking forward to this 46th year of Seahawks football as much as I’ve looked forward to the previous 45 versions. I feel good about this team and the potential for this season.
Go Hawks!!!!

sutz

Reaction score
Nice write up, but: I'm pretty sure Jackson slid in as RG and Lewis moved to LG all through camp. Can't seeing them move back now. ;) I do think our O-line will be as good or better than it has been in 5 years. At the very least, they have some continuity. There won't be 3 new starters like we've seen in years before.

Lots of things to look forward to. Improved pass rush should help make the CBs jobs easier.

Obvioulsy, the offense will be of interest to everybody, since they kept it under wraps in pre-season. Hopefully they can start out as at least competent this year.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
sutz":1bb3hyez said:
Nice write up, but: I'm pretty sure Jackson slid in as RG and Lewis moved to LG all through camp. Can't seeing them move back now. ;) I do think our O-line will be as good or better than it has been in 5 years. At the very least, they have some continuity. There won't be 3 new starters like we've seen in years before.

Lots of things to look forward to. Improved pass rush should help make the CBs jobs easier.

Obvioulsy, the offense will be of interest to everybody, since they kept it under wraps in pre-season. Hopefully they can start out as at least competent this year.

My bad. Just mistyped it.

sutz

Reaction score
It's all good. We all hope the O-line is finally stabilized. :229031_cheers:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
What the new offense looks like. On the other side of the ball, the pass rush with so much more depth there and a healthy Jamal Adams who;'s more comfortable in this D with a year under his belt.