Looking good BigMac. Keep it up.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Respectfully disagree a bit.

DK and Tyler aren't keeping defenses honest. DK can block a little - and he can certainly abuse you after the play :) . 16's pretty much given up on that at this point, that and YAC.

I'm looking forward to the new regime under BigMac and a new OC who can use both the TE group and the receivers group on an underneath/closer/quicker game.

Tyler needs to go. He's set a bad example for the past several years and has had one foot out the door. Nice string of interviews basically saying '**** YAC - my high school coach told me that was OK'. Anyways. DK just needs to be coached. And disciplined.

Nothing wrong with the TE group. Just need to take them out of the china cabinet on Sundays, and, oh, I don't know? USE THEM!!!!! Gonna miss Dissly tho - he just suffered under a bad scheme.

Thing I'm looking forward to most in the new regime? Honesty and accountability. Trade who you need to trade. Bench who you need to bench. Start the hot hand(s) that you want to start - without the goddamned politics.

LFG.

I don’t think he necessarily NEEDS to go.. but I do agree with the bold. After his interviews of saying “business decisions” when he gets to the ground When asked about why he didn’t go for the first down.. it seems other players picked that up as well.. aka Diggs

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I don’t think he necessarily NEEDS to go.. but I do agree with the bold. After his interviews of saying “business decisions” when he gets to the ground When asked about why he didn’t go for the first down.. it seems other players picked that up as well.. aka Diggs
TL is 5’ 10” an 180. Not a sturdy version of that either. At 31 I don’t blame him either. If he was putting his neck out there every play he probably would not be playing in the league still. I can’t blame the guy. On the other hand the team also needs to look out for themselves. For that $ we could be doing better IMHO. As great as he has been for us there are plenty of other guys that can catch the ball. I love the guy and what he has done for the Hawks but at some point business decisions need to be made.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point, but coming from Diggs, THAT is rich. Dude looked he didn't care.........OFTEN.

Just sayin'

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Lack of effort is never anything to be lauded.

It's a cancer, and it affects everyone in the organization who is forced to take sides pro/con.

It weakens the team, both from a performance aspect and a motivational aspect.

Everyone starts walking around going: "Hey, he can get away with that, so THAT'S how it works around here."

I had employees for 20 years - never let the problem children set the tone for motivation - it's a freeway to the abyss.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Lack of effort is never anything to be lauded.

It's a cancer, and it affects everyone in the organization who is forced to take sides pro/con.

It weakens the team, both from a performance aspect and a motivational aspect.

Everyone starts walking around going: "Hey, he can get away with that, so THAT'S how it works around here."

I had employees for 20 years - never let the problem children set the tone for motivation - it's a freeway to the abyss.
What?

First of all, does it give you pause--at all--that your entire argument for Tyler Lockett showing a 'lack of effort' is that he hasn't, in your mind, run as quickly as possible into getting CTE?

What support do you have, aside from you getting irritated every time you see him safely get out of bounds instead of getting lit up by a safety 75 lbs. heavier than he is, that he has anything close to a negative effect on performance or motivation? Who, outside of terminally online couch warriors, has suggested this?

Tyler Lockett led the team in targets and yet amongst the top 100 NFL wide receivers in playing time this season, he was #14 in success rate. DK Metcalf was #40.

Since you want to talk about from the aspect of 'having employees', let me put on a GM hat for a minute:

If I had a wide receiver, who I had upwards of $20 million dollars in cap space tied up in, who is 5'10, 180 lbs. soaking wet, and entering his 30s, who has across an entire decade proven to be one of the most consistently reliable receivers in the history of my franchise, and he all of a sudden decided at age 32 that he wanted to prove his commitment to the team by consistently taking excessive hits to fight for an half yard every time he got the ball... I would slap that WR upside his head and ask him what in the world was wrong with his brain.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
What?

First of all, does it give you pause--at all--that your entire argument for Tyler Lockett showing a 'lack of effort' is that he hasn't, in your mind, run as quickly as possible into getting CTE?

What support do you have, aside from you getting irritated every time you see him safely get out of bounds instead of getting lit up by a safety 75 lbs. heavier than he is, that he has anything close to a negative effect on performance or motivation? Who, outside of terminally online couch warriors, has suggested this?

Tyler Lockett led the team in targets and yet amongst the top 100 NFL wide receivers in playing time this season, he was #14 in success rate. DK Metcalf was #40.

Since you want to talk about from the aspect of 'having employees', let me put on a GM hat for a minute:

If I had a wide receiver, who I had upwards of $20 million dollars in cap space tied up in, who is 5'10, 180 lbs. soaking wet, and entering his 30s, who has across an entire decade proven to be one of the most consistently reliable receivers in the history of my franchise, and he all of a sudden decided at age 32 that he wanted to prove his commitment to the team by consistently taking excessive hits to fight for an half yard every time he got the ball... I would slap that WR upside his head and ask him what in the world was wrong with his brain.
Whatever dude -

He can play Nerf ball all he wants, and you can justify it -

I love the justification of the pussification of the sport.

Water it down for all the Swifties - they think is just marvy.

The game is a shadow of it's former self at this point - and 16 is the poster boy for it.

Thx.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What?

Wasn't he meaning Diggs? That's how I read it anyway.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Yabbut, no GM worth his salt is gonna operate with no input from the coaches. 🤷‍♂️
Of course, but I doubt JS needed consultation from Coach Mike on Adams and Diggs. Financial and cap implications outweigh any potential schematic benefit.