Looks like Dion Jordan expecting to play thursday

DJrmb

Reaction score
Answered my own question. Normally it would be the case that his contract would be guaranteed. However, Jordan had been suspended for an entire season which means that season didn't count toward his NFL tenure and therefore he is not "vested" and his contract doesn't get that guarantee. Makes a lot more sense why they didn't IR him, I had forgotten about him missing all of 2015 on suspension.

kidhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":3ip3lfi5 said:
Answered my own question. Normally it would be the case that his contract would be guaranteed. However, Jordan had been suspended for an entire season which means that season didn't count toward his NFL tenure and therefore he is not "vested" and his contract doesn't get that guarantee. Makes a lot more sense why they didn't IR him, I had forgotten about him missing all of 2015 on suspension.

Putting him on IR would have made him a complete waste, because we only signed him for this season. He becomes a free agent at the end of the year. By putting him on the NFI PUP list, we took no risk, because if he didn't get ready to play this year, we just never activate him. He, apparently, put in the work and is ready to play. At the very least he will be helping on special teams and providing depth.

DJrmb

Reaction score
kidhawk":cdg73za0 said:
DJrmb":cdg73za0 said:

Putting him on IR would have made him a complete waste, because we only signed him for this season. He becomes a free agent at the end of the year. By putting him on the NFI PUP list, we took no risk, because if he didn't get ready to play this year, we just never activate him. He, apparently, put in the work and is ready to play. At the very least he will be helping on special teams and providing depth.
We can bring 2 players back from IR after they miss 8 games. So putting him on IR we still could have brought him back for this same game. I don't know what that does to his contract though, may be a difference there between having him on IR and having him on PUP.

kidhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":2fknpgsp said:
kidhawk":2fknpgsp said:
DJrmb":2fknpgsp said:

We can bring 2 players back from IR after they miss 8 games. So putting him on IR we still could have brought him back for this same game. I don't know what that does to his contract though, may be a difference there between having him on IR and having him on PUP.

You can only bring back a player who was activated then put on IR, not if they start the season there. He had off season surgery, so he has never been able to be active this season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well now we know what Ree's problem was, he was unable to jam and hold.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3ppx5jgc said:
Well now we know what Ree's problem was, he was unable to jam and hold.

Maybe if Ifedi breaks a few fingers he'll stop holding too :twisted:

Yes that was a joke and no I'm not hoping he gets injured

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Made me smile, actually chuckle.

With Jordan I don't expect much given his history but it would sure be a redemption story of he does well.

Time will tell, but little to lose with this roster move.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1c6aa945 said:
kidhawk":1c6aa945 said:
Pete just said that they are putting Odhiambo on IR for Jordan. Said Odhiambo has dislocated and broken fingers and will have surgery

When did that happen? I wonder if it happened vs Houston and that forced our hand with the trade for D Brown.
In practice this week. We'd already traded for Brown. Odhaimbo was going to be inactive on game days anyway.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... 97366.html

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

ducks41468

Reaction score
I'm surprised he's still in the league and don't expect much from him.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":25q86mq6 said:
Wenhawk":25q86mq6 said:
kidhawk":25q86mq6 said:
Pete just said that they are putting Odhiambo on IR for Jordan. Said Odhiambo has dislocated and broken fingers and will have surgery

When did that happen? I wonder if it happened vs Houston and that forced our hand with the trade for D Brown.
In practice this week. We'd already traded for Brown. Odhaimbo was going to be inactive on game days anyway.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... 97366.html

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't happen this week. It's something he's been playing with that he aggravated this week. From your article:

Odhiambo needs surgery to repair multiple dislocated fingers he banged and worsened in practice this week, Carroll said.

sutz

Reaction score
Had a decent game. Nice to see given our injury problems.

luigi_sal

Reaction score
Dion Jordan has a tremendous potential, maybe still to be really developed. If coaches get him to stay mentally focused and phisically rare to go, he could fit in the role of Bennett and Clark's backup, together with other of our DE. Our defensive line is loaded inside, I think that Sheldon Richardson, Nazair Jones and Jarran Reed form a perfect combination and even Quinton Jefferson could play there. But outside our depth does not reach such a high level. Behind Bennett and Clark, there was no speed rush to disrupt and press the QB. If Dion Jordan keeps going on, a new reason to rely on our defense

DJrmb

Reaction score
We now know why Pete was excited about Jordan. He looked pretty good. I hope as he knocks the rust off he can finally realize all that potential that made him a top 5 first round pick to begin with.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":koh0s77q said:
I just have this feeling that it's all going to come to nothing.

Wrong so far! Five pressures and a sack, wow.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2gc2cuax said:
MontanaHawk05":2gc2cuax said:
I just have this feeling that it's all going to come to nothing.

Wrong so far! Five pressures and a sack, wow.

Sometimes being wrong is better than being right. :2thumbs: