Looks like the first cut is in.

chris98251

Reaction score
About 20 minutes till they have to all be in for the 53, so by the time media gets them out 30 minutes, will be interesting to see what shake up we have and the surprises.

Jville

Reaction score
chris98251":1kh6fb0d said:
About 20 minutes till they have to all be in for the 53, so by the time media gets them out 30 minutes, will be interesting to see what shake up we have and the surprises.

Actually, all cuts were due in to the league office at 4:00 pm eastern time ..... or ..... 1:00 pm pacific time.

It is the announcements that are trickling out. In the case of Seattle, it could be a while before we will see a complete published list.

chris98251

Reaction score
So John and Pete have to get up earlier to make their cuts then the East Coast teams, Bias they could still be sleepy and make a huge mistake :p

kf3339

Reaction score
At this rate it will be tomorrow before we know what the 53 roster looks like for the team. I get PC likes to wait until the end, but 4 hours after the cutoff and no notice is just plain stupid.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
kf3339":3nk0akxf said:
At this rate it will be tomorrow before we know what the 53 roster looks like for the team. I get PC likes to wait until the end, but 4 hours after the cutoff and no notice is just plain stupid.

It's been this way for years. Last year it was after 5:00 so why stress about it?

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3vcl2k9x said:
kf3339":3vcl2k9x said:

It's been this way for years. Last year it was after 5:00 so why stress about it?

Your memory is better than mine. That's why your the Hawkstorian!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1036034273747365888[/tweet]

I wonder when Austin Davis got hurt. Trade for a quarterback was timely.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1036037212771512321[/tweet]

PFT has broken the full list of cuts. Stringfellow, Isaiah Battle, Jordan Roos among those cut. Swoopes and Darboh as well.

Among fringe players who made it: Austin Calitro, Jacob Martin, Poona Ford, Branden Jackson

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1036038583214198784[/tweet]

Link to full transaction list >>> [urltargetblank]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/01/dion-jordan-passes-physical-ed-dickson-to-non-football-injury-list-as-seahawks-cut-roster-to-53/[/urltargetblank]

chris98251

Reaction score
Seattle also placed quarterback Austin Davis, cornerback Byron Maxwell, linebacker Erik Walden and rookie tackle Jamarco Jones on injured reserve.

The remaining cuts for Seattle are: linebacker D.J. Alexander, defensive end Ricky Ali’fua, cornerback Elijah Battle, tackle Isaiah Battle, linebacker Emmanuel Beal, guard Willie Beavers, cornerback Jeremy Boykins, wide receiver Marvin Bracy, tight end Kyle Carter, wide receiver Amara Darboh, linebacker Josh Forrest, wide receiver Cyril Grayson, center Marcus Henry, running back Gerald Holmes, nose tackle Joey Ivie, safety Lorenzo Jerome, cornerback Akeem King, fullback Daniel Marx, quarterback Alex McGough, safety T.J. Mutcherson, guard Skyler Phillips, linebacker Jake Pugh, cornerback Trovon Reed, wide receiver Keenan Reynolds, guard Jordan Roos, wide receiver Caleb Scott, running back Justin Stockton, wide receiver Demore’ea Stringfellow, tight end Tyrone Swoopes, wide receiver Malik Turner, safety Mike Tyson and tight end Clayton Wilson.

Ali’fua, Beal and Mutcherson were waived with injury designations.

chris98251

Reaction score
Prosise, McKissic, Davis, Penny, Carson not listed, interesting. Didn't expect Carson or Penny but the rest was not sure how it would shake out. Also Madden appears to have made ugh.

Jville

Reaction score
So if I read thru all of that correctly, Poona Ford made the cut along with 5 other defensive tackles ..... Reed, Naz, Johnson, Ford, Stephens, Jefferson

Cool ........ they should keep the linebackers clean. :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":1pg8nh3h said:
So if I read thru all of that correctly, Poona Ford made the cut along with 5 other defensive tackles.

It's PFT so until a league list comes out it's still a unverified listing, but I would bet close.

chris98251

Reaction score
So we have Wilson and Hendley, Davis is on IR for the year but can still be in sidelines and in film room and more then likely to bring McGough back on PS, creative way to have a back up, a mentor and a development guy all on the roster John, Wink Wink Nod Nod, Hope that Kinifer Valve on Austins non throwing hand heals completely over the next 19 weeks :)

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
QB (2) - Russell Wilson, Brett Hundley

RB (6) - Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, C.J. Prosise, J.D. McKissic, Mike Davis, Tre Madden

WR (5) - Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Brandon Marshall, Jaron Brown, David Moore

TE (3) - Nick Vannett, Will Dissly, Darrell Daniels

OL (9) - Duane Brown, Ethan Pocic, Justin Britt, D.J. Fluker, Germain Ifedi, George Fant, Joey Hunt, J.R. Sweezy, Rees Odhiambo

DL (10) - Frank Clark, Jarran Reed, Nazair Jones, Rasheem Green, Branden Jackson, Tom Johnson, Shamar Stephen, Poona Ford, Quinton Jefferson, Dion Jordan

LB (6) - Bobby Wagner, K.J. Wright, Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin, Austin Calitro, Shaquem Griffin

CB (5) - Shaquill Griffin, Justin Coleman, Dontae Johnson, Tre Flowers, Neiko Thorpe

S (4) - Bradley McDougald, Tedric Thompson, Shalom Luani, Delano Hill

ST (3) - Sebastian Janikowski, Michael Dickson, Tyler Ott

DNR - Earl Thomas

INJ - Malik McDowell, Erik Walden, Austin Davis, Jamarco Jones, Byron Maxwell, J.D. McKissic, Kam Chancellor

hawknation2018

Reaction score
It looks decent. Only complaints are Odhiambo and Hill, who have played like trash, over Willie Beavers and Mo Alexander. I also would have preferred to waive McKissic, rather than have an injured and mediocre player taking up a roster spot, but that was expected. Reynolds probably has not done enough and will likely make the practice squad.

The release of Alexander is definitely the biggest head scratcher. He looked decent, unlike Hill, who plays like a CFL player. If Hill plays in the regular season, I will be concerned.