Luck just signed through 2021, 6 years, $140 million

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Vetamur":31faj1ra said:
If you think they tanked on purpose, then please spell it out in a way that makes sense, again considering everyone responsible for them being so terrible got fired.

I know their QBs sucked after Manning left. To me it looks much, much more like a talent evaluation problem. They thought Painter was ready to take over and be at least a place holder , a la TJack.

It makes zero sense to say the coach and GM got together and decided NOT to get another QB, decided to be an awful team.. presumably with the owners blessing.. Then got fired for doing so. And of course this also means that it should have been obvious to the players what they were doing, but no player then or now has ever said a word about it. No fired coach has ever come forward.

We are supposed to believe that all these coaches and the GM just decided to harm their careers so that Irsay could get Luck , while they were unemployed?
Correct sir. How about you start proving differently? I Ihappily await this fantasy novel. Hit me V and make at least make it half convincing.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Vetamur":2qei9jle said:
If you think they tanked on purpose, then please spell it out in a way that makes sense, again considering everyone responsible for them being so terrible got fired.

I know their QBs sucked after Manning left. To me it looks much, much more like a talent evaluation problem. They thought Painter was ready to take over and be at least a place holder , a la TJack.

It makes zero sense to say the coach and GM got together and decided NOT to get another QB, decided to be an awful team.. presumably with the owners blessing.. Then got fired for doing so. And of course this also means that it should have been obvious to the players what they were doing, but no player then or now has ever said a word about it. No fired coach has ever come forward.

We are supposed to believe that all these coaches and the GM just decided to harm their careers so that Irsay could get Luck , while they were unemployed?

I dont think they necessarily tanked on purpose but their QB situation behind Manning was .....questionable...at best.

I actually looked at Tjacks stats in his 14 games started and they were like 14TD/13INT or something like that...so our QB play in that year was barely better than the Colts :pukeface:

Our running game produced 15 TD that year...same as passing TD :irishdrinkers:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Veta and Mizzou - read any list of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories that turned out to be true, then tell me you think Irsay finding a way to engineer that is ridiculous.

I'm not saying he did for sure or anything like that, but to consider it virtually impossible is being very naive. IMO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qhqqqdc said:
Veta and Mizzou - read any list of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories that turned out to be true, then tell me you think Irsay finding a way to engineer that is ridiculous.

I'm not saying he did for sure or anything like that, but to consider it virtually impossible is being very naive. IMO.
Oh, they tanked that season without a doubt I'd just love Vetmur to tell me the OTHER story and have it make sense. Kennedy wasn't killed by a single shot by some loser Marine and yes, Lincoln and Jesse James were shot from behind by cowards in both cases. Lincoln straight dead center in the back of his head.

So hit me Vetmur convince me you are right. Remember the money in play and the level of wealth all those in play operate in. I'm sure every last one is doing just fine right this second.

HawkGA

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3v6fzgwi said:

Like how the Knicks got Ewing? The only thing that makes me think that wasn't a conspiracy is that if they were going to rig it, surely they'd come up with a better way than that.

A

Anonymous

GeekHawk":uwk0fjpe said:
Do you people *really* not know how to quote just a small part of another post, and save the rest of us from scrolling through three feet of stupid-post-graphics over and over?
Also, all you need to know about the entire "Well, RW came into an ideal situation with unstoppable running and unmovable defense" BS is the team record the year before he was drafted vs. his first year. Same running game, same defense. And unlike the colts, the Seahawks didn't deliberately tank an entire season to draft an over-hyped future journeyman.

Superb idea GeekHawk!

Voila!

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=126209

HawkGA

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":9rimj5ev said:
GeekHawk":9rimj5ev said:
Do you people *really* not know how to quote just a small part of another post, and save the rest of us from scrolling through three feet of stupid-post-graphics over and over?
Also, all you need to know about the entire "Well, RW came into an ideal situation with unstoppable running and unmovable defense" BS is the team record the year before he was drafted vs. his first year. Same running game, same defense. And unlike the colts, the Seahawks didn't deliberately tank an entire season to draft an over-hyped future journeyman.

Superb idea GeekHawk!

Voila!

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=126209

My personal favorite is when somebody make a long post starting a thread and then the second person to post in the thread quotes the whole initial post. As if we didn't know what they might possibly be referring to.

Vetamur

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1880xxo0 said:
RolandDeschain":1880xxo0 said:

Oh, they tanked that season without a doubt I'd just love Vetmur to tell me the OTHER story and have it make sense. Kennedy wasn't killed by a single shot by some loser Marine and yes, Lincoln and Jesse James were shot from behind by cowards in both cases. Lincoln straight dead center in the back of his head.

So hit me Vetmur convince me you are right. Remember the money in play and the level of wealth all those in play operate in. I'm sure every last one is doing just fine right this second.

You have things reversed. You are the one making the claim that it was a fix, a deliberate play. So, please make the case.

Show me how the GM and head coach agreed to something that got them fired. Show me how literally dozens of people lost their jobs, and none of them said a word about it. Show me where the OC or QB coach is pleading for them to sign someone else and cant understand why they arent and things start to bubble over.

After the 2011 season the Vice Chairman of the team was fired. The Gm and Vice President of the team was fired. Does that sound like a front office that was doing what the owner wanted? The ENTIRE coaching staff was fired. Does that sound like they did what they were expected to do?

August 24th they signed Kerry Collins to be their starting QB. How does that fit at all? What does it sound like? It sounds like they got through Preseason and realized Painter wasnt going to get it done, after giving him every chance to prove he could be the man. Collins ended up getting hurt in the 3rd game, against the Steelers. They lost to the Steelers on a last second field goal. With Collins hurt they had to turn to Painter, whom they had realized wasnt great. Painter lost 8 straight. So, if youre trying to lose, you stick with him, right? So what did the Colts do? They switched QBs. The brought in Orlovsky.. who lost the first 2 games he started but then he went on a mini win streak..he won two straight. So, going into the last week of the season.. the game they need to lose to get Luck..what did they do? Go back to Painter? Or stick with the QB who was hot?

They stuck with the QB that was hot. And when in the 4th quarter they were down, did they say "hey..it wouldnt even look weird now to roll over.. lets do that", did they? NO. They scored again with 3 and half minutes left in the game to pull within 6 and give themselves a shot.

Its easy to pretend its all a set up..but show me ONE FACT that makes sense if the conspiracy were true.

Tical21

Reaction score
LOL @ people thinking they got themselves fired on purpose. That was one of the worst rosters in the NFL nearly the whole time Manning was there. Without him, it completely fell apart. Shocker!

I think Luck has been in the past and will be very good. Russell is a very heady quarterback. If he throws the ball away, he gets applauded. If Luck throws the ball away, rather than completing passes down the field, the Colts lose. If you can't understand the difference between those two scenarios, there isn't really a debate to be had here.

Hasselbeck, you're going to have to wait until Luck starts winning before you argument is going to hold much water. Unfortunately, it might be a while, as that roster is absolutely worthless.

I don't think anybody that watched him play much in 2014 has any doubt over his ability. The cream eventually will rise.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tical21":t5tizftg said:
LOL @ people thinking they got themselves fired on purpose. That was one of the worst rosters in the NFL nearly the whole time Manning was there. Without him, it completely fell apart. Shocker!

I think Luck has been in the past and will be very good. Russell is a very heady quarterback. If he throws the ball away, he gets applauded. If Luck throws the ball away, rather than completing passes down the field, the Colts lose. If you can't understand the difference between those two scenarios, there isn't really a debate to be had here.

Hasselbeck, you're going to have to wait until Luck starts winning before you argument is going to hold much water. Unfortunately, it might be a while, as that roster is absolutely worthless.

I don't think anybody that watched him play much in 2014 has any doubt over his ability. The cream eventually will rise.

Or completely sour..............

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Tical21":364wmf6y said:

Manning (like any good QB) made the talent around him look better. What's Luck's excuse?

I don't think anyone believes Luck is a bad QB, he just isn't anywhere near the level of Manning and that's what he was hyped out to be. If he was then the talent around him wouldn't look as poor as they do.

The negativity I think is more a reflection of backlash from the hype and excuses. There are some that are as high on him today as the day he came out of college and so far that is all we have seen is hype and excuses. It wasn't long ago we were hearing how Kaepernick was going to be the greatest QB to ever play the game once it slows down for him. Potential is just potential until it gets realized and in many cases that never happens. It's just potential.

According to John Clayton if Luck was a Seahawk we would have never lost a game.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Tical21":s540bhvc said:

So why does Luck get an excuse and some other QBs dont who are in a bad situation. What do the Dolphins have around Tannehill? Both have been in the league 4 years and they are within .2 QB rating from eachother with a 85(Luck) and 85.2 rating. Dont see people proclaiming Ryan Tannehil a top 5 QB and a future hall of famer.

Who knows who Luck really is anyway. Stafford in his 3rd year had 41 TD (1 more than Luck in 2011), 5038 yards(277 yards more than Luck in 2011), 16INT (Luck also had 16INT), had a slightly higher QB rating than Luck and was sacked 9 times more.

Cloest Stafford has come to that since is just last year, his 7th in the league, with 32TD and a 97 QB rating. I just dont think we know what Luck truly is based on one season. In that season he abused the AFC South with 16TD. The other 3 teams in the South only had 3 more wins combined than the Colts did. Jags had 3 wins, Titans had 2.....