Money and Value: Another Wilson vs Luck Thread

Tical21

Reaction score
Sometimes I am terribly embarrassed to be a Seahawks fan.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
justafan":1j5on2ie said:
scutterhawk":1j5on2ie said:
Hasselbeck":1j5on2ie said:
scutterhawk":1j5on2ie said:
Luck would FAIL miserably in the Seahawks system @ Quarterback

Yeah I agree.. he wouldn't know what to do with a running game and the best defense in football.

I forgot Seahawks.net is the land where Andrew Luck is suddenly an awful quarterback. Weeeeee!

So it's your contention that Andrew Luck could put up nearly 800 yards, and add to what makes the Seahawks Running game the success that it's become? SMH
Wilson has done it.
Andrew Luck is a stud Quarterback, FOR AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SYSTEM, but he's not even in the same conversation when it comes to a POOR Quarterback protection Offense Line.
It would require Cable to completely strip to bare butt, and rebuild the Offense to accommodate for Andrew Luck.

You wouldnt have to strip it down for Luck.Get rid of he zone read and build a better OLine,which is what they are doing anyway.

Lucks development and turn over ratio is pretty much what every great QB has gone through.Wilson has avoided the turnovers by playing more cautious and relying on his legs more.But being more cautious and holding the ball to long is what alot of people here complain about and i agree its a weakness at times.

With Luck you might get more TOs in this offense but not many more and i bet you lose fewer high scoring games.
I think he developed a gunslinger attitude since he got into the pros because he had to.Here he would probably revert to his Stanford style which was heavily run oriented and protect the ball better.

With Luck here we might have still won 1 maybe 2 SBs.The Colts would still have won zero with Wilson.
They are both great in there own way.Never could understand the hate for Luck.
I'll ask both you and Hasselbeck...Where the hell are you seeing this " Hate For Luck" crap?
It's like you want to make a statement, and have NO ONE poke holes in your theories, and get defensive (just like the Russell Wilson Fans) and make speculations on how your theories hold water, and the folks that disagree with you are being unreasonable "Haters", don't.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":i9xhcqgc said:
Guys, Luck is a better QB and if you wouldn't trade Luck for Wilson straight up you are bonkers.

and yet the facts and stats show you are wrong.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Tical21":1b77j0gt said:

I used those same words before and got a response by Tech to quit being one.

Us fans do get emotional over certain things but I would never wish for anyone to stop being a fan of a team we all support.

We can disagree on opinions and facts but one thing we all want is to keep having a good/competitive team.

Anthony!

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":345qjf4k said:
Hasselbeck":345qjf4k said:
scutterhawk":345qjf4k said:
Luck would FAIL miserably in the Seahawks system @ Quarterback

Yeah I agree.. he wouldn't know what to do with a running game and the best defense in football.

I forgot Seahawks.net is the land where Andrew Luck is suddenly an awful quarterback. Weeeeee!

Luck is a better QB, hands-down, but would he succeed in our system with our O-line? I don't think so. Wilson's unique skills make him a nailed-on perfect fit for what PC and DB like to run here. I'm not saying Luck wouldn't have some success, but I don't feel like he would be as successful as Wilson has been.

And again the facts show that he is not a better QB

Anthony!

Reaction score
Lets put this in perspectgive

Luck has the better oline, the better Wr corps, he plays a much easier defensive schedule and is in the AFC

Wilson has the better defense, and RB however he plays a much tougher defensive schedule.

You want a decent comparison

Based on the year Luck played the NFC west

Russell Wilson Versus common opponents.

Completions: 126
Attempts: 216
Yards: 1577.00
Completion Rate: 58.33%
TD: 13
INT:5
Passer Rating: 91.53

Andrew Luck versus common opponents.

Completions: 180
Attempts: 324
Yards: 2097.00
Completion Rate: 55.55%
TD: 10
INT: 7
Passer Rating: 79.2

Case closed and remember Luck has the better oline and WR corps

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Just for the record, Im not arguing which QB is better over the other as I said in the OP, I more or less think in thier own ways that they are equal players.

My argument comes down to value not talent or potential.

And I think I made it very clear that Russell has not only been more valuable than Luck but that Russell probably has been the Most Valuable Player in the entire NFL the last 3 years.

Lets not argue which QB is a better QB, its a fruitless argument when both have had thier inconsistencies and growing pains as young QBs but both have also shown an extraordinary talent in leading and winning when it matters most.

The point of this thread was to continue the same money and value excersice I had did with KJ Wright vs DeAndre Levy vs Lavonte David. And that im planning to do with Luke Kuechly and Bobby Wagner.

Its not which QB has bigger balls, and its not even about passing stats (even though Pro Football Reference calculates that stuff into its Approximate Value ) its about money paid or being paid or will be paid and the value that youre getting out of it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":u4293823 said:
Anthony!":u4293823 said:
peachesenregalia":u4293823 said:
Hasselbeck":u4293823 said:

Luck is a better QB, hands-down, but would he succeed in our system with our O-line? I don't think so. Wilson's unique skills make him a nailed-on perfect fit for what PC and DB like to run here. I'm not saying Luck wouldn't have some success, but I don't feel like he would be as successful as Wilson has been.

And again the facts show that he is not a better QB

So, even when I compliment Wilson and say he's a better QB for our system, you still find room to slight my comment.

ffs....

My response was to this statement "Luck is a better QB, hands-down" pretty simple its a dig and not true. If you wanted to say Wilson is the best for our system hen just say that without the dig

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1a8ekqw4 said:
Tical21":1a8ekqw4 said:

Us fans do get emotional over certain things but I would never wish for anyone to stop being a fan of a team we all support.

We can disagree on opinions and facts but one thing we all want is to keep having a good/competitive team.
Sometimes I wonder if Tical wouldn't prefer being right in his less than flattering opinion of Wilson rather than see him lead our favorite team to several more Owl wins. Hope those wonderings are incorrect.

Tical21

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3frx79c0 said:
theincrediblesok":3frx79c0 said:
Tical21":3frx79c0 said:

Sometimes I wonder if Tical wouldn't prefer being right in his less than flattering opinion of Wilson rather than see him lead our favorite team to several more Owl wins. Hope those wonderings are incorrect.
My comment has zero to do with Russell Wilson. Andrew Luck is a phenomenal football player, and a really, really good guy. As is Russell Wilson. But we have such small man's syndrome that we constantly feel it necessary to try to knock him down in a weak attempt to make us feel like we are strong. We do this far more than other fanbases. After all these years, we still don't get it. It's sad.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Tical21":2j5mbwau said:
hawksfansinceday1":2j5mbwau said:
theincrediblesok":2j5mbwau said:
Tical21":2j5mbwau said:

My comment has zero to do with Russell Wilson. Andrew Luck is a phenomenal football player, and a really, really good guy. As is Russell Wilson. But we have such small man's syndrome that we constantly feel it necessary to try to knock him down in a weak attempt to make us feel like we are strong. We do this far more than other fanbases. After all these years, we still don't get it. It's sad.

If I ever met you in person Tical we would probably enjoy a drink together, sports aside. I think if we truly know each other outside of this forum I think we all would at least enjoy each other's company. I don't know about you and Anthony! but I think if Wilson wasn't in the conversation it might be ok lol.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Luck in a damn good QB. Wilson is a damn good QB. Both teams are lucky to have who they have.
Enough with the comparisons.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tical21":2rneqn6m said:
hawksfansinceday1":2rneqn6m said:
theincrediblesok":2rneqn6m said:
Tical21":2rneqn6m said:

Fair enough, but I truly do sometimes wonder man.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
This is the modern day Brady vs Manning argument.

To the original OP thoughts is RW is by far the best value of QB going and most likely will stay that way. Most likely because of that RW will enjoy a much more fruitful and winning career. I think I would gladly sacrifice a few passing records (yards mainly) to have a few more wins.

So all we have to do is go to SB50 and right the wrong from last year and we all can giggle and revel in our good fortune of being Seahawk fans in this greatest of time to be one.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
EntiatHawk":2xwmtehy said:
This is the modern day Brady vs Manning argument.

To the original OP thoughts is RW is by far the best value of QB going and most likely will stay that way. Most likely because of that RW will enjoy a much more fruitful and winning career. I think I would gladly sacrifice a few passing records (yards mainly) to have a few more wins.

So all we have to do is go to SB50 and right the wrong from last year and we all can giggle and revel in our good fortune of being Seahawk fans in this greatest of time to be one.

Luck has been pumped up to be the second coming since he was even in the NFL its how rediculous it is. The fact that so many analysts and people think he is allready a top 5 QB is laughable. His postseason play has been god awful. He allready has 12 INTs with a 70.8 rating...YES...you did read that right, your eyes arent deceiving you....70.....point...8....QB rating.... :lol:

He did have a nice regular season last year but lets see if that was an anomaly or he can continue to throw for 40+ TD every year.

Yards are brought up alot for Luck but thats what happens when you throw the ball 600+ times in a season..you get yards. Nothing special about it and def doesnt make you an ELITE QB by throwing for 4000+ yards when you get 600 attempts

Latest posts