Lynch and Seahawks Agree to New 3 yr, $31 mil Deal

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":ynsr1eav said:
If Lynch is still set to be a FA next Spring, then there is little reason why this signing should prevent Seattle from drafting a Lynch-type in the upcoming draft.

That was my immediate first thought. No likely trade down if Gurley/Gordon are on the board. Possible we see the first upward move in the first day for Pete/John?

Jville

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":38al03wc said:
Jville":38al03wc said:
Agent Doug Hendrickson has said on Twitter, and he has separately told PFT, that no agreement is in place. Hendrickson acknowledge that the two sides are negotiating.

“There is no deal,” Hendrickson said. “We are talking.”

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/21/no-marshawn-lynch-deal-yet/[/urltargetblank]

To be fair that link is from Feb 21...even the new post from PFT is that it's expected to be done today.

Your right ...... missed that ...... thanks for noting the date.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kearly":27ppi93p said:
I don't think I've ever seen a non-extension extension before. If this doesn't tack on an extra year, then it's just a huge pay raise. Weird, though it might be best for Lynch who is entering Brett Favre retirement hijinks territory.

Why the non-extension? My guess would be it is what Lynch wants. Why? I have no idea. But from Seattle's perspective this deal makes no sense other than to placate Lynch in the very short term.

If Lynch is still set to be a FA next Spring, then there is little reason why this signing should prevent Seattle from drafting a Lynch-type in the upcoming draft.

Well, all the initial reports last month was the deal was like 2 years 22 million.

So they only thing that'd change that IMO is Lynch saying he only wanted a one year deal, or maybe they Hawks know that this is the year to draft his replacement since there are so many good RB's in the draft...........so they told him we'll give you one hell of a last year contract, but that's it.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Honestly, I think a one year deal works for both as he is getting to an age where it's one year at a time healthwise. It gives P&J time to find a replacement while going for another Lombardi.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/0ap3000000477104/Lynch-returning-to-Seattle-to-meet-with-management[/urltargetblank]

Sounds like Rapoport believes that the discussions left now have nothing to do with money and are more about some of the issues they went through last season. I truly believe we'll have a deal signed before free agency starts.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Hearing a lot of speculation that it is a two-year deal in order to prorate the cap hit that voids after 2015, so essentially a one-year deal with the cap hit spread out over 2015 and 2016.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
This is most likely ML's last year. RW's contract will probably have big $$$ next year, when ML comes off the books.
We should be able to sign some big time FAs (maybe Andre Johnson to 1 year deal?) this year, so we can make another deep run ...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ehtklze said:
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/0ap3000000477104/Lynch-returning-to-Seattle-to-meet-with-management[/urltargetblank]

Sounds like Rapoport believes that the discussions left now have nothing to do with money and are more about some of the issues they went through last season. I truly believe we'll have a deal signed before free agency starts.

He says it's a 2 year extension....?

ringless

Reaction score
Wow, if it is just 1 year at 11 million thats a huge deal.... Or a huge pay rise!

I have a legitimate question. Last season watching some of the Hawks games you could tell he was in a lot of pain, I remember one game in particular where he was being worked on at the half and didn't even go into the locker room. The missed practices to try to heal up.

I have a feeling that he may not have durability to make it through another entire season. And that is attributed more to his playing style which is possibly the most physical back in the league.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ringless":ulybpjib said:
Wow, if it is just 1 year at 11 million thats a huge deal.... Or a huge pay rise!

I have a legitimate question. Last season watching some of the Hawks games you could tell he was in a lot of pain, I remember one game in particular where he was being worked on at the half and didn't even go into the locker room. The missed practices to try to heal up.

I have a feeling that he may not have durability to make it through another entire season. And that is attributed more to his playing style which is possibly the most physical back in the league.

He's had the exact same back issue since he came here. He's missed a few games along the way, but they have learned to get him his rest during the week. Although he may look pained, he still runs like the beast he is.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kidhawk":230uhkbj said:
ringless":230uhkbj said:

He's had the exact same back issue since he came here. He's missed a few games along the way, but they have learned to get him his rest during the week. Although he may look pained, he still runs like the beast he is.
He missed one game. One.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2s4zsuke said:
kidhawk":2s4zsuke said:
ringless":2s4zsuke said:

He missed one game. One.

And that game I consider to be the pinnacle of professional football. Greatest. Game. Ever.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":g3bqu3wm said:
Scottemojo":g3bqu3wm said:
kidhawk":g3bqu3wm said:
ringless":g3bqu3wm said:

He missed one game. One.

And that game I consider to be the pinnacle of professional football. Greatest. Game. Ever.
Yes, yes you would.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":126x8jzr said:
kidhawk":126x8jzr said:
ringless":126x8jzr said:

He missed one game. One.

I probably could have phrased that better. He's missed some time. There was a complete game and a few other games where he had issues that caused him to miss playing time. It's definitely never been significant at all.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I hope it comes with a clause that they'll give him the damn ball at the one yard line with time running out in the Super Bowl.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Anyone else think he met with Paul Allen to also discuss the center he wanted to build in Oakland as part of the deal?

Hawkintent

Reaction score
kearly":3dcuqnk0 said:
I don't think I've ever seen a non-extension extension before. If this doesn't tack on an extra year, then it's just a huge pay raise. Weird, though it might be best for Lynch who is entering Brett Favre retirement hijinks territory.

Why the non-extension? My guess would be it is what Lynch wants. Why? I have no idea. But from Seattle's perspective this deal makes no sense other than to placate Lynch in the very short term.

Seahawks did this with Browner recently. Also, while it might overpay for him (questionably) the way the season ended would make this also about team harmony I would think.

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/573993709299232768[/tweet]

I'm confused. Its a 3 year deal instead of a 1 year? Or is it a 3 year (wink...wink..1 year and retire) deal??