Lynch at minicamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2x24z70v said:
HawkWow":2x24z70v said:
HawkAroundTheClock":2x24z70v said:
It was a non-story from the get-go. Before the get-go, even. Manufactured hullabaloo.

It's a great illustration of how many in the media have a tendency to look for negative angles, especially if it means trouble for a successful team. The old "build 'em up, tear 'em down" approach. In ye olden days it sold papers; now it gets clicks.

It also shows how the media as a whole is basically a herd of sheep. One freaks out over nothing, the others go running off in all directions. Funny stuff.

If you believe this, then you are basically saying Babineaux flat out lied about his conversation with Lynch. I don't think the media manufactured anything...at least nothing I read. The reports I read said "Lynch is unhappy with his current deal". I don't find that hard to believe at all. Yes, they suggested he may hold out, but I saw nobody saying that a hold out was certain. No offense bro, just pointing this out as I personally don't believe Babs would fabricate this stuff. Misquoting Lynch is a sure fire way of never getting anything from him again and I maintain my initial thought that Bab's reported this with Lynch's approval. It would be unwise, if not stupid, to have done this on his own. Lying about it..well, I just find that very unlikely. You just don't mess with Marshawn Lynch.

The holdout rumor appears to have been highly speculative, knowing that Lynch would never come out to dispute it because of his unwillingness to engage with the media. Some people may have taken advantage of that reality in order to generate some attention for themselves during the off season.

The next rumor they could speculate and manufacture is that Lynch plans to demand a trade if he does not receive more money before the end of camp. They could do this because they know Lynch will never come out to dispute it, and the Seahawks could say nothing because it's a rumor about future intention. It would certainly generate more attention for the media whores who speculated about Lynch's supposed holdout.

Speculative for sure but in defense of the press, I never heard them say anything more than it was mere speculation. I doubt there will be any reports of Lynch demanding a trade. Reporting such an outlandish thing would just blow up in their faces. And if Lynch actually did demand to be traded, it would blow up in his face too. Nobody will want to pay any more for Lynch than what he is already getting. Demanding a trade, only to learn there are no takers, would only make matters worse for Lynch, not better. No way would his agent allow such exposure, imo.

HawkWow

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":33tupr4h said:
hawknation2014":33tupr4h said:
HawkWow":33tupr4h said:
HawkAroundTheClock":33tupr4h said:
It was a non-story from the get-go. Before the get-go, even. Manufactured hullabaloo.

It's a great illustration of how many in the media have a tendency to look for negative angles, especially if it means trouble for a successful team. The old "build 'em up, tear 'em down" approach. In ye olden days it sold papers; now it gets clicks.

It also shows how the media as a whole is basically a herd of sheep. One freaks out over nothing, the others go running off in all directions. Funny stuff.

If you believe this, then you are basically saying Babineaux flat out lied about his conversation with Lynch. I don't think the media manufactured anything...at least nothing I read. The reports I read said "Lynch is unhappy with his current deal". I don't find that hard to believe at all. Yes, they suggested he may hold out, but I saw nobody saying that a hold out was certain. No offense bro, just pointing this out as I personally don't believe Babs would fabricate this stuff. Misquoting Lynch is a sure fire way of never getting anything from him again and I maintain my initial thought that Bab's reported this with Lynch's approval. It would be unwise, if not stupid, to have done this on his own. Lying about it..well, I just find that very unlikely. You just don't mess with Marshawn Lynch.

The holdout rumor appears to have been highly speculative, knowing that Lynch would never come out to dispute it because of his unwillingness to engage with the media. Some people may have taken advantage of that reality in order to generate some attention for themselves during the off season.
I hear ya both. My aim was more at the initial Yahoo blogger who had nothing but a speculative thought, and then the avalanche of commentators who just parroted the blog. I don't think Babs got anything until like day three of the hubbub (could be wrong, I was tuning it out). Anyway, my ire is with the phony journalism at large these days. It's just rumor milling, piggy-backing, and RT'ing. Citing "sources" is now totally standard, along with opinion masquerading as fact. Lame.

Totally agree bro. The media gets shoddier and shoddier but this is why I am actually sticking up for them this time. I may have missed some things, but based on Bab's report, I feel like the media actually treaded rather carefully around the subject (this time). They never said anything that made me feel certain Lynch would hold out, demand a trade, or be a problem. Though I'm sure it must have been extremely difficult for them to resist doing so, lol.

Jville

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":ctoyxgi7 said:
hawknation2014":ctoyxgi7 said:
HawkWow":ctoyxgi7 said:
HawkAroundTheClock":ctoyxgi7 said:

I hear ya both. My aim was more at the initial Yahoo blogger who had nothing but a speculative thought, and then the avalanche of commentators who just parroted the blog. I don't think Babs got anything until like day three of the hubbub (could be wrong, I was tuning it out). Anyway, my ire is with the phony journalism at large these days. It's just rumor milling, piggy-backing, and RT'ing. Citing "sources" is now totally standard, along with opinion masquerading as fact. Lame.

Rand Getlin, the source, is described as yahoo legal analysts. I think his blog history projects the impression that he spends his time hobnobbing with player agents. IMO, his blog reflects the orientation of player agents.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 9s
Seahawks practice over. Lynch here but did not participate. More later.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Saves Lynch 70,000. He did interviews that he hated to do to avoid fines. This doesn't mean he won't hold out, but it's a good sign.

I will stick with none of it matters until I see him in pads.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawknballs":ip841e2o said:

Sore ankle.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's all good, the Beast is in the house. :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised if Lynch's contract is re-jigged a bit either.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Much ado about nothing. Damn mediots....

Now, having said that, let's give the man a raise anyway!!! :th2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I was kind of on the fence about Lynch showing up today, because I wanted to see the young guys like Michael get extra reps...looks like with his not participating, that takes care of that situation, so we have Lynch not holding out technically, but still not participating and the younger guys get their reps while Lynch makes his "statement". Seems to be a win/win scenario.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Jville":h0l0kr7j said:
Rand Getlin, the source, is described as yahoo legal analysts. I think his blog history projects the impression that he spends his time hobnobbing with player agents. IMO, his blog reflects the orientation of player agents.
Good info. Thanks for sharing that.

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
Personally, I wasn't worried until Marshawn did something out of the ordinary. Him not showing up for voluntary OTA's is ordinary for him. It also goes to show how hard he works out, if the above post is true that he didn't practice today due to a sore ankle.

We have some cap room and it's been speculated that we could restructure and have Lynch take a bigger hit this year and lessen the cap hit next year, but I'd wager the Hawks won't do that. They need all the rollover they can for Wilson, unless they know that he won't go for a max contract.

It's an interesting take with the media, the "wild speculation since Lynch won't refute it publicy" theory, and it makes some sense. Some mediots like Clayton are still really butthurt over Lynch not talking much pre Superbowl. This could be a way of getting something out of him for nothing.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
seahawks-minicamp-june-17-2014-41.jpg

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
;);)
Hawknballs":3n6mamji said:
I voted that I didn't think he'd show up, but I also still think they get something done contract wise. But I'm also reasonable and didn't think he was being greedy or malicious. I've already said my piece several times.
I wouldn't have been surprised either way. We know one thing already... Marshawn doesn't like fines. He'll even get in front of the much-dreaded media short order when faced with losing any money. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

'Handing out crow?' For this? We really need some football to talk about. [EYES]

DavidSeven

Reaction score
pocketprotector":1i7s322n said:
Basis4day":1i7s322n said:
Hawknballs":1i7s322n said:

Sore ankle.

Sore Ankle = Still holding out but doesn't want to pay fine

...or everyone in the building realizes there's no point in putting wear and tear on Marshawn's body at this point in the off-season.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
pocketprotector":3l4old89 said:
Basis4day":3l4old89 said:
Hawknballs":3l4old89 said:

Sore ankle.

Sore Ankle = Still holding out but doesn't want to pay fine

Soooo...can we quote you when he does not participate in the Mini Camp?

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Much ado about nothing. ML does it his way. Has the day he showed up. Check out the smile on his face. He loves the game and has THE perfect environment in Seattle to do what he loves---be a bruiser.

Call me homer.

Status
Not open for further replies.