Lynch ready

seahawks08

Reaction score
pmedic920":gzw1710e said:
Great news !!!!

Having said that, makes me wonder how it will change things.
We have been doing pretty dam well as we are and I sure hope having him back doesn't cause the OC/play caller to have a meltdown.
I love #24, he's one of my all time favorite players. I'm not talking crap about him but I'm concerned that having him back will cause a disturbance in the force.
I'd feel similar if #88 came back right now.

I don't think it is an issue, if he is full speed, they will put him in so that we shore up the running game. I think the team has played really well, but we need that element of threat that everyone fears and accounts for, that is key for winning during Championship season. He will blend in perfectly fine and will give more passing lanes for RW.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Cartire":te1xzq8u said:
RussB":te1xzq8u said:
Lynch has probably been ready to play, they probably just wanted him fresh for the playoffs.

Guy had his stomach and abdomen cut open less then 2 months ago. I doubt hes been ready. Im surprised hes ready to go now to be honest. I cant imagine how hard it was to regain the lost core strength that he couldnt maintain during the healing process. He honestly could barely work out without re-tearing during the first month+.

If he is honestly 100% after less then 2 months, man is a machine. Im excited to see the final product.

He is ready, at least Pete wants Minny to game plan on him, so that it takes some pressure off RW and the receivers. If he is not physically fit, he can just stand on the sidelines ready to go, that should be good enough for teams to game plan for him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawksny":2h13dso5 said:
Weather will not help the beast this week.
Muscles tightening up etc.
I really think it's a mistake to give him a lot of carries if he does play

If Lynch is truly ready to go, it's not going to be him hurting because of the cold, it'll be the Viking defenders hurting when he runs them over.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zpmnwcui said:
seahawksny":zpmnwcui said:
Weather will not help the beast this week.
Muscles tightening up etc.
I really think it's a mistake to give him a lot of carries if he does play

If Lynch is truly ready to go, it's not going to be him hurting because of the cold, it'll be the Viking defenders hurting when he runs them over.

I like the sound of that

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lynch has only so many playoff games left and only so many games left in his stellar career, he's now a lot closer to the end than the beginning. If he believes he's ready he probably is ready and will give his all. For him he delivers blows ratters than absorbs many and is amazingly strong for his size. I'm only concerned about his rust from not playing in a while, but he's shown an ability to knock that off quickly in the past.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Martian Lynch, he's from another planet. He's out of this world. Can't wait to see alienate some Vikings from their senses...Did I go to far?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Last night on NFLN, MikeRob said "Marshawn is ready to go, and he's HUNGRY!"

Nobody is closer to Lynch as a source the MikeRob :th2thumbs:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
kearly":36b6x383 said:
Lynch, healthy and in the best shape he's been since last year, it's hard not to be geeked right now.

Funny, I fall on the opposite side. He wasn't looking great early in the season, didn't trust his blocking. I'm hoping he's in Beast Mode when he shows up, but I'm mentally preparing to watch Russell carry the team. We should be fine against at least Minnesota.

sc85sis

Reaction score
After seeing what Rawls did with the same o line, I suspect he's itching to get out there and show his dominance b

Foghawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":1qfqzm9e said:
Martian Lynch, he's from another planet. He's out of this world. Can't wait to see alienate some Vikings from their senses...Did I go to far?

M5Rtayz

piston bully

Reaction score
Beast mode and Peterson on the same field in the playoffs. Does not get much better than that!!!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Been avoiding the thread because I've got mixed feelings about his return. Haven't read through this but I sort of feel like Beast won't be a huge help if he plays like he did earlier in the season. Hope it was injury and not age/wear that had been slowing him down.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
PSA to ALL PEOPLE WHO RELATE PRO ATHLETE INJURIES TO THEMSELVES

Just because it took you longer to recover from the same surgery Marshawn has had, does not mean it will take him just as long.

He's a finely tuned professional athlete that is a multi million dollar asset to the club. He is surrounded around the countries finest trainers/doctors/facilities almost 365 days a year. It is his job to maintain excellent physical and mental healthy. So it should not surprise you that if went under the cut and recovered 5x faster then your average joe does.

Please stop comparing your own surgical experiences to that of a top notch physical specimen.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":1m2sifjn said:

Just because it took you longer to recover from the same surgery Marshawn has had, does not mean it will take him just as long.

He's a finely tuned professional athlete that is a multi million dollar asset to the club. He is surrounded around the countries finest trainers/doctors/facilities almost 365 days a year. It is his job to maintain excellent physical and mental healthy. So it should not surprise you that if went under the cut and recovered 5x faster then your average joe does.

Please stop comparing your own surgical experiences to that of a top notch physical specimen.

Everyone knows he has better facilities and care. But that doesn't mean biology has changed.
We can still be concerned and also hopeful about his recovery. Its more than just healing. Core strength takes time and conditioning. Something he couldnt do while healing. Im expecting he'll be fine. But I wouldn't be shocked to find out differently.

samwize77

Reaction score
Foghawk":v2i1zfes said:
StoneCold":v2i1zfes said:

M5Rtayz

Bahahahahaha! That's great stuff!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Cartire":34slgrvo said:
ApnaHawk":34slgrvo said:

Everyone knows he has better facilities and care. But that doesn't mean biology has changed.
We can still be concerned and also hopeful about his recovery. Its more than just healing. Core strength takes time and conditioning. Something he couldnt do while healing. Im expecting he'll be fine. But I wouldn't be shocked to find out differently.

What do we really know about the procedure? I have to admit I don't know much about the particulars, personally.

6 inch incision, or 1/2 inch? Too many variables I can't even guess at.

If Pete says he's in great shape and ready, that's what I'm going with until I see different.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2a5ks086 said:
If Pete says he's in great shape and ready, that's what I'm going with until I see different.

Thats basically the same ball park im in as well. Thus why I started the thread. In PC we trust.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure there might be a little rust after not playing for so long, but I'm of the opinion:
Put him in uniform, press 'Play'. He'll do his thing.

Anthony!

Reaction score
As long as they do not change what they are doing and Lynch knows this is Wilsons team, we will be fine. If they change things who knows.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Foghawk":26171cf9 said:
StoneCold":26171cf9 said:

M5Rtayz

HA HA! :th2thumbs:

Latest posts