Lynch ruled OUT vs Cardinals

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Just got a Bleacher Report alert on my phone noting that Marshawn will not play this weekend. Not all that surprising really. If he's ready to go for the playoffs that would be a major benefit for this offense.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hasn't even returned to Seattle yet. Still working out in SF as of today.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3f34361e said:
Hasn't even returned to Seattle yet. Still working out in SF as of today.

Not sure why he would not be in Seattle doing rehab, seems a little strange to me but what do I know about rehab, but you would think he would want to be around the team.

PasteyNuTTeR

Reaction score
Not sure how everyone else feels. But I'm not feeling very confident about Lynch being ready for the playoffs.

kidhawk

Reaction score
PasteyNuTTeR":16jdamnf said:
Not sure how everyone else feels. But I'm not feeling very confident about Lynch being ready for the playoffs.

I am of the mind that if Lynch didn't think he'd be ready for the playoffs or the team didn't think he'd be ready, we'd put him on IR. The fact that he's not in IR says a whole lot about the chances for his return.

RCATES

Reaction score
Lynch Out, Okung likely out, Chancellor Out, Bennett banged up, Luke W. still in concussion protocol. Wilson got wrecked last week. Tyler L. is still very sore. Baldwin still has some hammy discomfort.

I wouldn't play one starter in this weeks game. Nothing likely to gain from it if Arizona is playing to win at home and close to full strength. Key players on this team need rest. Either way with the current state of the Hawks it will be a blowout. Might as well play it safe injury wise.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kidhawk":l7dy7hpa said:
PasteyNuTTeR":l7dy7hpa said:

I am of the mind that if Lynch didn't think he'd be ready for the playoffs or the team didn't think he'd be ready, we'd put him on IR. The fact that he's not in IR says a whole lot about the chances for his return.

The thing about this though is that the team has no way of knowing for sure. From what I can tell, they haven't examined him since his surgery (since he's basically been in SF for all but one day). They're basically at the mercy of what they're being told by his MMA trainer.

kidhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1kzhf8mr said:
kidhawk":1kzhf8mr said:
PasteyNuTTeR":1kzhf8mr said:

The thing about this though is that the team has no way of knowing for sure. From what I can tell, they haven't examined him since his surgery (since he's basically been in SF for all but one day). They're basically at the mercy of what they're being told by his MMA trainer.

We also have no idea if he's seeing doctors and sending reports or anything else that's going on behind the scenes. I just don't see Lynch pushing himself to get ready if he didn't plan on being ready to come back this season.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Appearances, specifically Lynch’s lack thereof at team headquarters — he’s been there just one day since his surgery in Philadelphia more than a month ago — plus Carroll’s characterizations of Lynch as “at large” and “off-site” have left the impression the Seahawks are detached from the star back’s rehabilitation.

Not so, says Carroll. While Lynch and the team aren’t in constant — or much of any — contact, the Seahawks are getting updates from his trainers. These are the same trainers who have prepped him over summers for each of the recent seasons.

Yes, it’s odd: An employer paying an employee a guaranteed $4.5 million for the year yet not directing his work, not even knowing his exact comings and goings, during the company’s most important production period.

But as we know by now, nothing is normal regarding Mr. “I’m Just Here So I Won’t Get Fined.”

“We’re pretty much relying on the reports they’re giving us, and also the work that’s being done,” Carroll said. “Those guys know him really well and they’re the ones that have, for the last few years, really done great work with Marshawn. We’re trusting that they’re looking seriously at the preparation level, his endurance, all of those things to give us a good indication that we can move forward.

“We have a really good relationship with the guys that are working him out, and long-standing … we feel like we really understand what’s happening.”

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have no doubt he is preparing to play.

But I still think looking backwards that 2015 was the year Lynch cashed out.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":11xiie2u said:
I have no doubt he is preparing to play.

But I still think looking backwards that 2015 was the year Lynch cashed out.

True, and true.

The only way Marshawn comes back next year is if he wants to earn a shot at the HOF. And he'd have to give Seattle a good deal for them to sign him. Pretty sure this is his last hurrah though.

"Seahawks won't have Marshawn Lynch for regular-season finale"

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2881752/Seah ... son-finale

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ipun3nb said:
We also have no idea if he's seeing doctors and sending reports or anything else that's going on behind the scenes. I just don't see Lynch pushing himself to get ready if he didn't plan on being ready to come back this season.

Think about it......what is there to look at? The torn muscle is sewn together and you wait for it to heal. The real question is, "Does he want to play sore?" Because the lower abdomen will be tender for two months.

massari

Reaction score
RCATES":eub82iiu said:
Lynch Out, Okung likely out, Chancellor Out, Bennett banged up, Luke W. still in concussion protocol. Wilson got wrecked last week. Tyler L. is still very sore. Baldwin still has some hammy discomfort.

I wouldn't play one starter in this weeks game. Nothing likely to gain from it if Arizona is playing to win at home and close to full strength. Key players on this team need rest. Either way with the current state of the Hawks it will be a blowout. Might as well play it safe injury wise.
This.

hawk45

Reaction score
If I were a doctor monitoring healing progress, having access to the patient would seem to be an advantage.
Since the Hawks don't have access, they are utterly reliant on what they get from Lynch's people.
That's weird, and sub optimal for the team in terms of having no control and no ability to validate reports with their own examinations.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I don't understand why people want to micro-manage a guy like ML. They want to see him go to the practice facility, although he has NEVER prepared that way before. They want him to go see a doctor ... to do what? The doctors have already done their job. Now, it is ML's turn to do his part the way he has always done. And the only way he knows how to prepare.
It takes special individuals to play RB the NFL. And it takes a more special person to play RB with the violence that ML plays the position. Only ML knows how he gets ready to play and be productive.

Why don't people trust him? I don't get it. I just don't understand it. Have you ever seen him prepare in the off season? NO. But, he has always come back in great shape. And he is getting ready to do the same.

Just trust Lynch.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Unofficial word has it that Mama Lynch has been cooking up a soup and salad luncheon every Monday and only Bev has been invited to chart the progress of Marshawn and bring him up to speed with the progress of the offense. Cable was upset that he wasn't invited, so uttered his famous "he'll have to fit in to our offense" diatribe in disgust.

gargantual

Reaction score
Another point to consider is the possibility of misdirection from Pete. Leaving other teams guessing and having to gameplan for facing Marshawn is better than giving them definitive news that he's not going to play. I certainly hope he's going to be back but why not leave as much uncertainty swirling around as possible?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
joeseahawks":nj1wn0og said:
I don't understand why people want to micro-manage a guy like ML. They want to see him go to the practice facility, although he has NEVER prepared that way before. They want him to go see a doctor ... to do what? The doctors have already done their job. Now, it is ML's turn to do his part the way he has always done. And the only way he knows how to prepare.
It takes special individuals to play RB the NFL. And it takes a more special person to play RB with the violence that ML plays the position. Only ML knows how he gets ready to play and be productive.

Why don't people trust him? I don't get it. I just don't understand it. Have you ever seen him prepare in the off season? NO. But, he has always come back in great shape. And he is getting ready to do the same.

Just trust Lynch.

There is micromanaging, and there is having no actual idea how his recovery is going. Seattle is in the latter category.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
And what exactly is it the Seahawks don't know?
Don't confuse what they (Seahawks) are not telling you versus what they don't know. Lynch coaches have provided all the information Pete needs to know to the Hawks. Lynch is preparing the way he has always prepared.
What's so difficult to understand?
Pete knows exactly where Lynch is at. Game planning won't happen until we know who our opponent will be.
What exactly will being at the Hawks facility change at this time in his preparation? That's what I don't get.
Scottemojo":3n3hcw6l said:
joeseahawks":3n3hcw6l said:

Just trust Lynch.

There is micromanaging, and there is having no actual idea how his recovery is going. Seattle is in the latter category.

Latest posts