Mahomes dislocated knee cap and maybe more

Boohman14

Reaction score
He should have been on the bench since his ankle was wrecked. They should have rested Mahomes for the long haul.

I had the same injury in the 70's. The knee cap pops back easily but you have no stability for a couple months plus it's a very painful injury. I've dislocated shoulders and that's painful but your knee is worse. He will have to wrap that knee tight the remainder of his career. He will lose a step for sure.

The trick is to how he will deal with the injury trauma mentally . I always had that in the back of my mind because the pain was off the charts. I've had ankle sprains, broken bones and other routine injuries but the dislocated knee was fear inducing.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Not to discount your experience, but patellar dislocations have one of the more variable pain experiences. Some guys seem to barely notice them at all. Some find them excruciating.

There is hope that it won't be as painful an experience as yours was.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I dislocated my kneecap in my early 20's playing football. At first it felt like I blew out my knee, pain, shock, holy S**T I blew out my knee thoughts, then over the span of a few minutes about 75% of the pain went away. Within a couple weeks I was back to normal and running.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":31z7hnid said:
xray":31z7hnid said:
I hate to see that. He's a young QB that I really enjoyed . Hope he is still playing good 5 years from now . :D

I expect he should bounce back better than RG3 and a few others. Being mobile is definitely a part of his game, but he isn't a running QB.

I dunno. He's looked pretty mortal since he tweeked his ankle.

Marvin49

Reaction score
2_0_6":1qvf9jzm said:
I dislocated my kneecap in my early 20's playing football. At first it felt like I blew out my knee, pain, shock, holy S**T I blew out my knee thoughts, then over the span of a few minutes about 75% of the pain went away. Within a couple weeks I was back to normal and running.

That kinda sounds exactly like what we saw on the field. He was in agony, but as soon as it popped back in, he was MUCH more comfortable.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3zy67rs1 said:
EA SPORTS, Please, please, PLEEEAAASSE overlook Russell Wilson for the next Madden cover no matter how godly of a season he has!

Signed,

Every. Single. Seahawks Fan in existence.

P.S. Give it to Nick Bosa.

Genuine LOL from me. Well done. :lol:

2_0_6

Reaction score
I hope he comes back in a few weeks but if he misses several weeks or possibly the rest of the season, watch the make a move to trade for Mariota.

Rat

Reaction score
Bosa is due to milk another injury soon. I doubt EA wants to deal with that. Would basically be a lock to further their "curse".

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1i2wcr0k said:
EA SPORTS, Please, please, PLEEEAAASSE overlook Russell Wilson for the next Madden cover no matter how godly of a season he has!

Signed,

Regression to the mean.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Maulbert":1vldt6i5 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1vldt6i5 said:
Milehighhawk":1vldt6i5 said:
Bobblehead":1vldt6i5 said:
Anyone see that coming? idiots.

How stupid is Andy Ried? Running a sneak when Mahomes has a bad wheel? I don’t like the chiefs but that is infuriating.
Absolute stupidity.

The one philosophy that both Pete and Mike Holmgren agreed upon: no QB sneaks. Even when healthy.

Holmgren wasn't anti-QB sneak. Favre ran them a lot. He was anti-Matt running a QB sneak because he said he wasn't very good at them. He did, however, run a QB sneak rather than give Alexander the ball when Alexander could have tied for the rushing title.

Slick

Reaction score
Holmgren likened Matt's running style to that of a giraffe. He also said he was too much "knees and elbows" everywhere.

HawkGA":2834tucy said:
Maulbert":2834tucy said:
hawksfansinceday1":2834tucy said:
Milehighhawk":2834tucy said:
How stupid is Andy Ried? Running a sneak when Mahomes has a bad wheel? I don’t like the chiefs but that is infuriating.
Absolute stupidity.

The one philosophy that both Pete and Mike Holmgren agreed upon: no QB sneaks. Even when healthy.

Holmgren wasn't anti-QB sneak. Favre ran them a lot. He was anti-Matt running a QB sneak because he said he wasn't very good at them. He did, however, run a QB sneak rather than give Alexander the ball when Alexander could have tied for the rushing title.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
HawkGA":3qekbv7e said:
Maulbert":3qekbv7e said:
hawksfansinceday1":3qekbv7e said:
Milehighhawk":3qekbv7e said:
Absolute stupidity.

Or Alexander could have not gone down so easily on one of any of many carries that season where the goal line wasn't involved and he would have had the title anyways. Hell, I could have given his all on every one of them and it wouldn't have been a contest.

lobohawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":h56kic6f said:
Can just hope he heals up around the playoffs but at this point the playoffs seem to be going through Foxboro, once again, so it really doesn't matter. They'll probably play the Texans and beat them by 40 as usual.

Standard these days. Pats always accorded easy path to playoffs. And then get patted on the back for meaningless stats , like so many playoff appearances. If any number of teams were in the AFC East for the last 20 years, they'd have similar playoff games.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hgwellz12":zy9giyec said:

Signed,

Don't speak on my behalf; I'm not a superstitious ninny.

I'd love for Russell to get MVP and the next Madden cover.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":wdja7i9w said:
hgwellz12":wdja7i9w said:

Signed,

Maybe Russell is the only player that can break the curse? It'll prolly miss high cause he's so short and it'll just to add to the legend that he already is.

rcaido

Reaction score
i would buy Madden if he is in cover...Ill also drown it w/ miracle water too just to be safe.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
RolandDeschain":2vrjtayg said:
hgwellz12":2vrjtayg said:

Signed,

Yes, Lord Semicolon, we ALL know you're not a superstitious ninny.

Latest posts