Malcolm Smith is headed to the Raiders

volsunghawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":32e35hl7 said:
volsunghawk":32e35hl7 said:
brimsalabim":32e35hl7 said:
I can't deceifer that tweet. Your telling me the kid that penned that went to college?

Irony is delicious.

I hate to be this guy, but that is NOT irony.

That word seems to be more misused than any other word in the dictionary.

Don't be that guy, then.

The irony is that Mister Brim there was being critical of the grammar/delivery of the player's tweet when his own was rifled with errors. You know, the pointing out of an incongruity or a situation or irrationality (e.g., someone being critical of someone's language skills when their own are lacking). You'll find that listed as a definition if you care to look.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

titan3131

Reaction score
I swear to god I read someone on this forum say afte the Sb last year that we would let smith go and the raiders would overpay...

Soothe sayer who ever it was.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I will always have fond memories of Malcolm Smith, a key player in bringing Seattle its Super Bowl title. Between the NFCC and XLVIII, he played a big part of two of the best games in Seahawks history.

rideaducati

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":21040pu4 said:
That's sad. Not necessarily because we did not resign him but the Raiders. That's were people go to end their careers.

The niners beg to differ.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
NFSeahawks628":2h2lviqy said:
volsunghawk":2h2lviqy said:
brimsalabim":2h2lviqy said:
I can't deceifer that tweet. Your telling me the kid that penned that went to college?

Irony is delicious.

Irony is incongruity between what is expected to be and what actually is, or a situation or result showing such incongruity. Poster expresses disbelief that the original tweeter was educated because of spelling errors; commits multiple spelling errors making that observation. Irony. Unless you subscribe to the notion that such spelling errors are now so common so as to preclude the existence of irony in those instances.

On topic, I think we'll be alright. He's made a lot of big plays over the last couple years for us, but so have a lot of other guys.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Fight On, Malcolm! I will miss seeing you with the Hawks as my adopt-a-rookie pick and part of the team's USC connection.

The Raiders are taking on a bit USC flavor these days. JDR, Sam Anno, Jethro Franklin and Ken Norton all either played or coached at USC. Brice Butler was at USC before transferring to San Diego State, David Ausberry (if he doesn't end up elsewhere during free agency) is a Trojan football alum and now Malcolm.

jkitsune

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2wrvewpg said:
volsunghawk":2wrvewpg said:
brimsalabim":2wrvewpg said:

Irony is delicious.

Irony is delicious.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Any word on his contract details? I haven't been able to find the numbers yet

sc85sis

Reaction score
No contract details that I've seen. There is a photo that the Hawks retweeted of him signing his contract in Oakland. It just looks wrong to me. LOL

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":fqsi12w0 said:
Largent80":fqsi12w0 said:
We no longer have Malcolm in the middle.
Hopefully he gets paid well. Time to cash out. A great former Seahawk.

Why should we Seahawk fans care what he gets paid? As a FA, he has turned his back on our team by telling our Front Office "No Thanks" and is sniffing for other offers. That's life in the NFL......"follow the money"!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2e3t2g4g said:
YYZHawksFan":2e3t2g4g said:
Largent80":2e3t2g4g said:
We no longer have Malcolm in the middle.
Hopefully he gets paid well. Time to cash out. A great former Seahawk.

Why should we Seahawk fans care what he gets paid? As a FA, he has turned his back on our team by telling our Front Office "No Thanks" and is sniffing for other offers. That's life in the NFL......"follow the money"!
Umm wow.

We should care and as fans of the Hawks we should hope he gets overpaid and gets a large contract

sc85sis

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2mjuzlyv said:
He already outplayed his seventh round draft status by helping us win a Super Bowl and being the Super Bowl MVP. He earned a chance at a pay day. However he was not likely to get that with the Seahawks due to cap considerations. He therefore went to a team where he will continue to have the same linebacker coach he's had since USC and will earn more money. He's a likable kid and some of us prefer to wish him well since circumstances lead to him leaving.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score