Malik Mcdowell arrested for theft, assaulting an officer

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
According to Mike Martindale of the Detroit News, McDowell is facing charges of assault and resisting arrest, operating a vehicle while intoxicated, and receiving and concealing stolen property from a pair of incidents in recent months. McDowell is set to appear in Oakland County Circuit Court on Thursday.

Citing police reports, McDowell was stopped in February on suspicion of drunken driving. McDowell demanded to speak to a supervisor and was told one was not available. He then exited the vehicle and entered a nearby gas station when the cop confronted McDowell again and an altercation took place. McDowell subdued the officer despite being tasered until a second officer arrived and managed to arrest him.
In April, a stolen truck’s GPS unit was traced to a closed garage at McDowell’s residence. McDowell claimed he had purchased the $74,000 Ford F-150 Raptor pickup for $3,000 off the street. The truck is one of several to be stolen from a Ford Motor Company overflow lot in Dearborn.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...lting-police-officer-concealing-stolen-truck/

acer1240

Reaction score
Wow. I honestly don't even know where to begin on this one.

Dude is a dipshit.

Seymour

Reaction score
You cannot fix stupid!! Still cannot believe this guy was drafted by us, he is what he's always been. What a blind, hands over our ears....la la la dumb ass decision to bring him into the locker room. :pukeface:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m willing to bet he is dead broke. Pissing away millions in a little over 2 years time?
Guys like this spend money like there is no tomorrow. If he still had the money he could afford to buy that $74,000 truck off the lot instead of buying it stolen off a criminal for $3,000. He has zero common sense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":25sl7f49 said:
You cannot fix stupid!! Still cannot believe this guy was drafted by us, he is what he's always been. What a blind, hands over our ears....la la la dumb ass decision to bring him into the locker room. :pukeface:
Yep, they overlooked a lot of red flags with that pick. Pete and John were probably thinking they could fix him if they got him in the right environment.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1kqubbdp said:
Seymour":1kqubbdp said:
Yep, they overlooked a lot of red flags with that pick. Pete and John were probably thinking they could fix him if they got him in the right environment.

I'm glad they just cut bait instead of excusing and enabling him like some franchises do.

;)

chris98251

Reaction score
Waiting for his defense to be Head Trauma and he has impulse control issues.

kobebryant

Reaction score
chris98251":3iw4yozr said:
Waiting for his defense to be Head Trauma and he has impulse control issues.

I do wonder. Before the accident his issues were football related - effort and attitude. There weren't off the field or criminal related concerns.But take away the structure of football and replace it with a TBI and frontal lobe damage and that's a dangerous mix.

toffee

Reaction score
Malik not only messed up his only life, he also caused damage to our team. With that, all I can say is may he spend long time in prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kobebryant

Reaction score
toffee":2lbvb994 said:
Malone not only messed up his only life, he also caused damage to our team. With that, all I can say is may he spend long time in prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's wait for a trial and conviction first.

Chapow

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2nups8y5 said:
Time to move on.

Yep.

Good luck Malik, seems like you're probably going to need it.

xray

Reaction score
Was this entire fiasco with him a complete surprise ?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
xray":7ftp8t6w said:

My guess is the Seahawks had gotten word about the incident(s) and it was likely the final nail in the coffin in regards to cutting him.

I wonder if they suspected some serious impulse control/CTE issues after the head injury and that was one of the reasons he was never cleared.

xray

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3b1d3ni9 said:
xray":3b1d3ni9 said:

My guess is the Seahawks had gotten word about the incident(s) and it was likely the final nail in the coffin in regards to cutting him.

I wonder if they suspected some serious impulse control/CTE issues after the head injury and that was one of the reasons he was never cleared.

Or he was just a draft pick that went horribly bad .

kobebryant

Reaction score
xray":wjlfsa9q said:

I think the post-accident criminal behavior is certainly a surprise. As his issues as a prospect were effort and attitude related as it pertained to football, and not off the field; and frankly, not in the same realm as some of the issues that successful draft picks like Clark and Sweezy had.

But, suffering a TBI at 21, and any frontal lobe damage can seriously impact impulse control and bring on anti-social behaviors. That's a dangerous mix without the structure and peer support that football provided.

No college education, probably not in any mental shape to pursue an education now, owes a lot of money and if he ever is able to get a job his wages will likely be garnished (but who would hire him after googling him?) , living with the ramifications of a TBI. I hope I'm wrong, but the future isn't promising and I'm not sure how he pulls himself out of this hole.