Man I really wish Schneider would've slapped Prisco for this

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Prisco seems to have some serious "issues." I honestly don't mean this as a cheap shot, but the guy seems to have real emotional issues, especially when it comes to being "right."

Kip already mentioned it, but there's a lot of confirmation bias. And if the conclusion doesn't fit his theory/thoughts, he finds every way he can to downplay someone's accomplishments. It's actually quite sad because he comes across as hugely insecure and irrational when he's wrong. Probably why he doesn't work for a team and is what I like to call the "new age media," aka not very many facts but a whole lot of hyperbole to get attention or "clicks."

This will be normal though. RW will consistently be downplayed due to his lack of volume-like stats. I hate to sound like an old timer (cuz I'm not old), but this is where fantasy sports has really watered down what really matters in professional sports, winning.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
A years old quote from Pete that explains his bullshit schtick
All of these opportunities were a result of Prisco’s success as a newspaper beat writer and he believes they need to change with the times or risk being in the unemployment line.

“Beat writers are going to have to adjust. They are going to have to be more analytical and opinionated rather than stating what happened,” said Prisco. “When I was working on the beat they used to tell me they didn’t want any opinion in my columns.

“I think the more opinion the better. People want to be stimulated. They want to argue. They want to be angry. Newspapers missed the boat on that.”

The Internet and radio give Prisco the platform to offer up his opinion on a regular basis.

“My catch phrase is ‘You are entitled to your wrong opinion.’ I love talking about sports with anyone who is passionate about it,” he said. “I miss it when I am away from it.”

Hawks46

Reaction score
If you look at the bigger picture, even though he doesn't have the biggest numbers, Wilson not only does win us games but carries the team at times.

Look at our OL last year; how many QBs could deal with losing BOTH starting OTs, consistently get less than 3 seconds to read defenses and throw the ball, and still even make it through an entire season ? Now throw in the fact that he played without his top two WRs (in salary) for almost the entire year. I'm still amazed he didn't get hurt last year.

We don't spend a lot of money on skill position players, the defense makes more overall. The times we do (Rice, Harvin) they get hurt and he goes without them. He threw to Tate, after that we have Baldwin and Kearse, both UDFA's. It's not like he has this highly elite WR corps that destroys defenses by itself; Wilson is making these guys good, but no one sees it.

This is still a QB driven league. Teams do everything to protect their QB, while opponents do everything to attack that QB. Our secondary is designed to make the QB hold the ball longer so the pass rush can get home, or make him uncomfortable and dump the ball off. Wasn't Wilson the most pressured QB in the league last year ? I wonder when the last time a team won the SB when their QB was the most pressured ?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson has two attributes that make him worth more than a more significantly talented QB right out of the gate.

1 - He has an unswerving belief in the ability of both himself and others. This translates into making others believe those same things. It is a trait of great leaders and it might be more rare than great QB ability.

2 - He thrives under pressure. I believe there was a study (Stanford?) about how athletes perform under pressure. It turns out that some of the great all time type of athletes, especially those with championships, tended to perform equally well or better under pressure vs normally. They found specific personality traits that all these performers shared, that most ordinary people did not. This is a trait that Wilson clearly has (evidenced by the # of times a bad snap is easily handled, or more recently shown by that 4th down TD throw against SF) that again is both rare and valuable to a great QB.

Those 2 traits alone assure that your team will perform better and not stumble down the stretch. Add in his performance against Chicago in 2012 and the comeback against Atlanta in 2012, and you start to notice a trend of him being able to put the team on his back when he needs to. The fact that he rarely needs to is immaterial.

Finally, you add in the fact that our offensive line was substandard by most measures (which is odd considering a trait of many SB teams is an above average OL) but that Wilson's mobility allowed us to offset that weakness.

Those alone are enough to vault him into "enough to carry a team" category. Most 2nd year QBs that win SBs turn out to be pretty decent, and I believe his #s were better than Brady in his first SB. That should be enough, considering.

drrew

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2rjrtqmz said:
I'm pretty sure that it was Prisco who went on 710 towards the end of THIS season and opined that Wilson had shown no ability to lead the team to a comeback or put the team on his shoulders. I repeat: this season! When challenged he claimed that he knew what he was talking about because he watches way more Seahawks film than any of us Seahawks fans.

He's since been added to my ignore list.

He certainly hasn't watched way more film than Brock so I'd love to hear them discuss this.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
Hasn't Wilson won as many superbowls as Brees and P.Manning?

This guys is a realy douche bag...trying to market his Douchy brand... :179419:

I guess it works because I let him piss me off, but come on man...!

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
The kind of reaction we're seeing on this board is exactly what Prisco wants to create. Prisco = Bayless. They are not employed because of their sports acumen, they are paid because they generate discussion and interest in the product they are trying to sell. They are both HORRIBLE analysts, but since that's not really their job they're actually both very good at their jobs.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":zsznwq91 said:
Kip already mentioned it, but there's a lot of confirmation bias. And if the conclusion doesn't fit his theory/thoughts, he finds every way he can to downplay someone's accomplishments.

that sounds like forums....