Really, I mean it !

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Lockett and Clark had themselves preseasons reminiscent of Russell Wilson in 2012. Obviously, a lot of reason to be excited there.

You don't see Russell hit a guy in stride for a TD down the sideline too often, so it was a thing of beauty to see his throw to Lockett. The ball actually did hang for just a tick, but Lockett had beat his man so bad (w/ no safety help?) that he still had time to stutter and walk into the endzone.

Pinkins was all over the place in the first part of this game. In a good way.

Man, Milton got abused while playing tackle. He got planted right on his butt on one play in less than a second. Between what we've seen from Milton and Poole, Bailey may be the only usable backup tackle we have (besides Britt sliding over).

BJ Daniels at QB! I said a few weeks ago that I wanted to see him get reps there. I can't believe they made us suffer through Archer this entire time. We could have seen a functioning offense and had a better opportunity to evaluate the RBs and WRs a lot earlier than this.

Read-option opens up everything for this run game, especially against backups who are lesser athletes. What is closer to the truth? Rawls in a drop-back offense (underwhelming) or Rawls in a read-option offense (wow)? Big question.

Kevin, BJ, and Kasen: I don't know how you cut any of them without feeling terrible about it. I'm back aboard the BJ train for his overall utility. Kevin Smith has looked good in everything they've asked him to do. Kasen may have the biggest upside of the three, but hasn't quite found a niche on Special Teams. I'm not sure any of them could make it through the waiver wire. These dudes look like legit NFLers to me.

Ricardo: It looked like they wanted to give him the job and gave him every imaginable opportunity to take it, but I'm not sure he set himself apart from the young guys. It was sort of bizarre; they called his number so many times, as if to say "Ricardo, just give us any reason to keep you ahead of these young guys who are pushing you; any reason at all." Just not sure he did enough.

Is Chris Matthews safe? It'd be insane to cut him after what he did in the Super Bowl, right? But man, Kevin, Kasen and BJ are at least putting thoughts into my head.

ivotuk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2ldtkalg said:
Jesse Williams had been a guy I was particularly hard on. Never liked his structural integrity from the waist down. He was always going to have leg injuries. He looks a little thinner up top now, however. He no longer looks like some extremely uneven Popeye villian type cartoon character. Why is that important? He's staying on his feet, pad level is better, power is greater, and he's showing a burst I hadn't ever seen before. He's playing like the player everyone said he was that I disagreed with. The cancer thing I don't even want to get into. That's a difficult topic I'm all too familiar with. As a football player, he's showing something I hadn't ever seen even in his junior year at Alabama. Will he be kept, however?

Totally agree with the bolded parts. Couldn't figure out how to put it in to words though. Thank you for that.

I only saw Jesse Williams some late in his college career and never saw what everyone was raving about. He looked like he could hold his spot, but got no push. And because he was so top heavy, he constantly went down, got major and minor leg injuries, and tired out.

He still looks "barrel chested," but not so overgrown up top. And he's getting such good push. IIRC it was against KC early that I saw him getting some good penetration, and it continued with the San Diego game. Wow is this guy good! And all he had to do was lose some bulk up top (if that is indeed what transpired). They said he could out lift anybody, well sometimes that's a bad thing. A football player needs functional strength and power that applies to the job at hand. They shouldn't be so bulked up that they can't wipe their own butt.

In reference to an earlier post about his cancer, I believe he's done with his sessions and they are just waiting for a specified amount of time to declare him cancer free. 6 months maybe?

Laloosh

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3s03p5xa said:
Read-option opens up everything for this run game, especially against backups who are lesser athletes. What is closer to the truth? Rawls in a drop-back offense (underwhelming) or Rawls in a read-option offense (wow)? Big question.

Doesn't it though? Eventually I was saying to the TV, "B.J. I love that you're getting yards man but they can't evaluate these RBs if you don't hand it off".

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Can anyone remember two more impactful rookies in a Seahawks preseason? Clark is an absolute stud. Lockett has been stellar and seems to be a great worker and teammate. Massive props to Schneider and Co. for their research on these gems.

Jesse Williams has been collapsing the pocket consistently but with all the variables related to his health I don't think they keep him. Really rooting for him, though.

Bailey and Glowinski had some horrible missed blocks on several plays. Backup OL is a mess and the starters are still scary. However, Gilliam really looked good on some edge runs and moves and tracks defenders well. I think he sticks at RT. Sokoli is high effort and shows good push in the run game but will probably take a couple years, like Sweez, to rise to average as a pass blocker. I think he can be a viable back up next year and a solid starter in year 3.

C-Mike with daylight is electric, but he still has trouble reading blocks. If he were in Chip Kelly's system with all the stretch plays he might shine, but he doesn't seem to possess the instincts to find lanes between the tackles. Rawls may not have the burst that Michael has but his style is more productive in the pros. I think the Seahawks would have liked to move on from Michael but the Turbin injury prevents that.

Not sure what was going on with the backup secondary but they looked confused and out of position most of the night. Any thought that Tharold Simon might push Cary Williams is looking premature.

Excited for the season.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Cuts are going to be tough. I don't envy PC/JS and the coaches positions here. They've done a good job of choosing the correct guys so I have no doubt they will again.

On the WR front, I'm thinking it's Lockette vs. Smith and Matthews Vs. Williams. Smith plays ST and can help out there to replace Lockette. Williams has great size and ceiling. Matthews hasn't been able to stay healthy this preseason (not his fault as injuries happen). I think PC values health above a lot of things. Williams has been a star in practices too. Does Matthews still have PS eligibility? He technically only played in one game correct? So that may be an option.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Laloosh":1s1lkh2v said:
How about releasing Derek Coleman outright and keeping Rawls? I think Turbin would get picked up. He's been a reliable backup to Lynch, has good burst and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Tukuafu can run block.

Just a thought.

[edit] fyi - submitted this before i got to the end of your post, heh.

Oh Hell, you just made Mizzu's short list.
Better be minding your P's&Q's

:{)