Maragos' knee was down!

kigenzun

Reaction score
I don't understand how the officials can get away with that "the ruling on the field, stands" BS from up in the replay booth. It was obvious his knee was down before the ball left his hand, regardless of his best Garo Yepremian impression...

The game wouldn't have even been close except for that play.
Sure. Pete screwed it up authorizing that inevitable Keystone Kops routine in the first place, but still. It just seems obvious when they back each other up,
Booth official: "Well we don't know... so lets just go with the original bad call on the field."
Field ref: "Sounds good."

Shoulda coulda woulda run Marshawn= TD =14-3 at halftime. Duh.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't think it was conclusive. If anything it looked like his knee was down on the other guys arm.

Either way it was a stupid play by Maragos to not just eat the ball. And a stupid call by Pete to try a FG when our regulars are not there.

davidonmi

Reaction score
no it wasn't, his knee was on the guy's arm, anyway it wasn't conclusive

OrFan

Reaction score
In my opinion he was not down. Just a dumb decision by Pete, which I'm sure he probably regrets.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I just don't get why tjack was not the holder. Or a wideout. Makes no sense to me.

Brahn

Reaction score
Kellen Davis had a huge block, Chris made one of the single worse Leon Lett plays of all time.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
JSeahawks":mbm3cqsz said:
I don't think it was conclusive. If anything it looked like his knee was down on the other guys arm.

Either way it was a stupid play by Maragos to not just eat the ball. And a stupid call by Pete to try a FG when our regulars are not there.

Agree on this.

OP
OP
kigenzun

kigenzun

Reaction score
And why wasn't Russell Wilson holding on that play anyways? He coulda booked it for the sticks or found a TE in the back of the end zone on the fake/f#$% up?

Dismas

Reaction score
my opinion in that situation:

You already have a tyro kicking, so just pick any random anyone to be the emergency kicker, and keep your normal holder doing his normal job.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I thought it was the wrong call but I was wrong, it was close enough that there was no way it was getting overturned. Lesson is to just fall on the ball in that situation.

edogg23

Reaction score
Margo's is an idiot. It's one thing to fumble the hold, but what planet was his head on to blindly toss the ball over his shoulder with no time on the clock. Unbelievable!!!

razgriz737

Reaction score
edogg23":pycekr42 said:
Margo's is an idiot. It's one thing to fumble the hold, but what planet was his head on to blindly toss the ball over his shoulder with no time on the clock. Unbelievable!!!
I still can't believe he did that. That's something you would be surprised to see in pop warner.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Maragos was a complete idiot on that play. That is all.

Johnny

Reaction score
Knee down or not, That was one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen from a player.... I mean it's at the end of the half and a play like that happens just get the ball and go DOWN!!!!... Why in the world would he try and throw that ball?.. Just a dumb play on his part and it could've cost the Hawks this game..

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":1is9bsee said:
Do you guys think Maragos is our worst player?

Why would you even post this?

Shame on Pete for showing no faith in his offense! Even if they failed, no big deal. Another week and another -10 point play!

Latest posts