March Madness game thread

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
kidhawk":3gdzqfzn said:
Interesting that Florida State is tied with Vermont at the half right now. That's my big upset pick in the opening round.
I considered it, as FSU can be pretty bad offensively at times and Vermont is playing close to home. For Vermont to win though FSU is going to have to continue to struggle offensively and Vermont has to hit threes. They are totally outclassed athletically and height wise

mistaowen

Reaction score
Loving this Bradley team right now against MSU. I doubt they'll be able to consistently play at this level but early on they are flying around. Crowd heavily favors them too from how it sounds. Wouldn't be upset if MSU gets knocked out though they are very talented and just need to refocus during this opening surge.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":20yr0tee said:
kidhawk":20yr0tee said:
Interesting that Florida State is tied with Vermont at the half right now. That's my big upset pick in the opening round.
I considered it, as FSU can be pretty bad offensively at times and Vermont is playing close to home. For Vermont to win though FSU is going to have to continue to struggle offensively and Vermont has to hit threes. They are totally outclassed athletically and height wise

Agreed, FSU is definitely a much better team. I always go with one game that is kind of "out there" as an upset pick each year. Usually bites me in the butt, but that just makes it more fun when they come through.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Vermont hanging tough with good ball movement and no turnovers.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Switched over to catch the end of the Auburn game. New Mexico State keeping it interesting. Auburns Ball with 6.8 seconds and a 1 point lead.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2nk587uv said:
Switched over to catch the end of the Auburn game. New Mexico State keeping it interesting. Auburns Ball with 6.8 seconds and a 1 point lead.

up by 2, Auburn fouled NM on a 3 point shot. with 1.7 left on the clock NM has a chance at the lead here.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
NMS has wide open layup to tie and passes it out for three and Auburn fouls!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Missed 2 of 3 but Auburn smacked the rebound out of bounds. NM ball down 1 with somewhere around 1.1 second left on the clock and no timeouts. This is great tournament basketball

kidhawk

Reaction score
And NM airs the shot for an Auburn win. They'll need to play a lot better if they want to make it to the sweet 16. Fun ending to watch though

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
FSU starting to pull away late. Vermont has to hit some threes to stay in this.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think Aggies player thought they were down three. Auburn is super talented but they will shoot themselves into huge leads but also shoot other teams back into games.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1wzvcpxs said:
FSU starting to pull away late. Vermont has to hit some threes to stay in this.

yup...Mann has been "man" in this game getting FSU back to a solid lead

kidhawk

Reaction score
well there's still time left in this game, but it's over for Vermont. Time to see if either Bradley or Belmont have what it takes to finish a game for an upset

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I have Belmont winning this one. Really like watching this team.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with ESPN's bracket? Can't go into the group and can't see other peoples bracket. My guess is this isn't just an issue for me, but pretty much everyone. Not great for ESPN.