OF
Lewis
Haniger
Smith

3b- Seager
2b- Long
SS- Crawford
1b- White

C-Narvaez and Murphy (one of these guys will be trade bait at some point)

DH- Santana (4th OF also)
Utility- Nola

Trade Gordon and Healy if you can. Not sure what you do with Vogey, as much as I love the guy, after his hot start he did nothing but hit a few bombs.
I think this club looks a ton different in 2020 and 2021. I can see them trading Haniger at some point in the next year or 2 for pitching, as your outfield will be Lewis, Kelenic and Julio Ramirez (2021). I love Haniger as a player but unless you plan
On him as the DH or rotate him and the above mentioned young OF’s at DH there isn’t an OF position for him.

Plus you have White and other players that are at AA now that might be solid contributors.

Haniger is a trade deadline move guy. His value is low right now, he needs a good first half 2020 to get anything decent out of him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":24w01b3w said:
End of a era tomorrow. Felix last game as a mariner.

Where do you out Felix on all time Mariners list?

2? 3?

Is he top 5?

I think I'd go:

Junior
Ichiro
Felix
Edgar
Randy

Maybe next 3: Arod, Al Davis, Bones

sutz

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2598lbyt said:
Shanegotyou11":2598lbyt said:

Where do you out Felix on all time Mariners list?

2? 3?

Is he top 5?

I think I'd go:

Junior
Ichiro
Felix
Edgar
Randy

Maybe next 3: Arod, Al Davis, Bones
Tough question. Felix, much like Tez for the Hawks, was probably the best player on a bad team for a long time.

The others on your list actually had some team support. Felix is probably top 2-3 pitcher, after only The Big Unit maybe.

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":biulbl96 said:
Shanegotyou11":biulbl96 said:
So does that pretty much guarantee they end the season 1-18 vs the Stros?
Gonzales might be our only pitcher that could change that, but even that would be pretty low percentage.

:|

getnasty

Reaction score
The run differential agaisnt the Astors this year has to be some kind of record agaisnt 1 opponent. I feel like we got no hit against or shutout ever other game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Likely Felix's last game as a Mariner is today. Wouldn't shock me if throws a gem, also wouldn't shock me if he gets lit up like he has all season long.

Was just thinking to myself the other day, a lot of parallels between Felix and Eli Manning. Both were loved by their city and fan base for a long time, but both over stayed their welcome to the point where fans turned on them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2snqb2f8 said:
Likely Felix's last game as a Mariner is today. Wouldn't shock me if throws a gem, also wouldn't shock me if he gets lit up like he has all season long.

Was just thinking to myself the other day, a lot of parallels between Felix and Eli Manning. Both were loved by their city and fan base for a long time, but both over stayed their welcome to the point where fans turned on them.
The Mariners wasted Felix’s prime by not putting any kind of team around him. That’s an epic failure on the organization’s part.

Once Felix lost fastball velocity he was toast. His refusal to “pitch backwards” and to not rely on his now below average “batting practice” fastball is the main reason he has struggled the past few years. If he would have embraced the Jamie Moyer mindset to pitching he could be having success right now. Stubbornness is costing him current success.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ghdkubb said:
Hawk-Lock":2ghdkubb said:

The Mariners wasted Felix’s prime by not putting any kind of team around him. That’s an epic failure on the organization’s part.

Once Felix lost fastball velocity he was toast. His refusal to “pitch backwards” and to not rely on his now below average “batting practice” fastball is the main reason he has struggled the past few years. If he would have embraced the Jamie Moyer mindset to pitching he could be having success right now. Stubbornness is costing him current success.
All mostly true. I'm not so sure that fans have actually turned on Felix. There will probably be a pretty large King's Court contingent there tonight. There's still a lot of nostalgia for him.

Felix had a decent outing a couple of turns ago. But he seems to forget that he can't blow his fastball past people from time to time and gets lit up. Plus, he never had really good control, so trying to pitch backwards is hard for him. He can't really paint corners reliably. A big part of the problem is the huge contract the previous front office gave him which finally runs out this year. For better or worse, Servais and DiPoto want to move on and you can't blame them.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Another superstar deserving a WS ruined by the Mariners

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2yym4c2w said:
Uncle Si":2yym4c2w said:
4 hits... quite a fitting farewell
Look on the bright side, that doubled the number from the night before. 8)
Maintaining tradition. Felix was the king of 1 run games, right? :34853_doh:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":24b26cw4 said:
Sports Hernia":24b26cw4 said:
Uncle Si":24b26cw4 said:
4 hits... quite a fitting farewell
Look on the bright side, that doubled the number from the night before. 8)
Maintaining tradition. Felix was the king of 1 run games, right? :34853_doh:
In his prime, yes. Never seen a pitcher get so screwed after pitching a gem because his team couldn’t push across a couple of runs. Lots of losses and ND that should have been W’s.