Mariners 2022 Season

sutz

Reaction score
I said on Twitter, that I believe Rodriguez will be the starting center fielder for game number one for the mariners. I just have a feeling like hes gonna be a superstar.
According to this article, you may be right. :) All speculation now, of course.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Yep it's looking like J-Rod is ready to go opening day. J-Rod is ready you can just see it. If Kelenic struggles out of the gate they have Lewis to fall back on. Sucks about Sadler...will miss the entire year.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Losing sadler hurts. The mariners will make the playoffs this yr. The buzz around the Ms making the postseason will be incredible. I'm here for the ride.

getnasty

Reaction score
I like don't love what the M's have done. I think they a better team they just still haven't went all in. Go out and get another starting pitcher pleae.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I like don't love what the M's have done. I think they a better team they just still haven't went all in. Go out and get another starting pitcher pleae.
I get where you are coming from and no that haven’t gone all in, after saying they would in FA, but I like the trades they made though. Is it enough? Likely no. Do I have confidence that they will spend the extra dollars at the trade deadline to get a quality arm or a bat if needed, no.

They rightfully or wrongly are banking on the young studs like J-rod and Kirby and friends to pull through.
Will their plan work? We will see.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I also think that they're gonna load up with the trade deadline. I believe they think that they'll be in the playoff hunt and I believe they will go for some big names.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Plenty of decent arms left.

sutz

Reaction score
Good outing by Ray yesterday. 4+ innings, 78 chucks. He was dealing until the very end, when he gave up a leadoff walk and a single, so Servais yanked him. Sewald served up the two runs, but held after that. Another spring start for Ray, and he said he expeted to go 80-90 pitches and be ready from there for the season. (y)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Julio is a special player. Ty France was joking and said the guy doesn’t have 4 tools, he may have 5,6,or 7.

2-2 3runs scored, HR (inside the park) 1rbi, 1SB, 1 outfield assist. We haven’t seen a Mariners player this all round talented since Ken Griffey Jr.

This kid is going to sell tickets.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Julio and the rest of the team is making Haniger look tradeable.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Unlike Kelenic, Julio will make the team this year out of the gate because that dude is ready for the big leagues. I think we have a really special player to watch for the next ten years!

DJrmb

Reaction score
Julio's joy of the game and that big smile constantly on his face remind me a lot of Griffey "The Kid". His game is a little different, but the talent is certainly there. I'm excited to see what he can do in the majors, he's ready!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Unlike Kelenic, Julio will make the team this year out of the gate because that dude is ready for the big leagues. I think we have a really special player to watch for the next ten years!
Kelenic should have made the team out of spring trading last year. He led the team in OPS last spring.
IMHO their arbitration games mind ****** him last year.

I think Julio is the better player, but once JK gets out of his own head, I think he’ll be capable of some serious damage with the bat.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Julio's joy of the game and that big smile constantly on his face remind me a lot of Griffey "The Kid". His game is a little different, but the talent is certainly there. I'm excited to see what he can do in the majors, he's ready!
Different era, but you are right.
His swing isn’t as pretty as Juniors, but no ones is.

Julio is going to be a superstar and put Seattle baseball back on the map.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Kelenic should have made the team out of spring trading last year. He led the team in OPS last spring.
IMHO their arbitration games mind ****** him last year.

I think Julio is the better player, but once JK gets out of his own head, I think he’ll be capable of some serious damage with the bat.
I hope Kelenic puts it together this year. I doubt them sending him down had anything to do with his struggles. JMO