Mariners Offseason Thread 2014-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Saunders has some pretty good potential, just not sure it will ever be realized though. .... ..and when his swing gets too long it turns into one of the worst in MLB. Add that to his frequent injuries that equals very little trade value.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Saunders's biggest asset is that any team that trades for him has team control for two more seasons.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I'd like Hanley at first.

Word is that VMART is Ms priority.

Kemp would be a great RH bat but Kemp should be a high price on trade.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1l8rmhsf said:
I'd like Hanley at first.

Word is that VMART is Ms priority.

Kemp would be a great RH bat but Kemp should be a high price on trade.

I like Hanley as a switch hitting SS. Save first for Butler? Billy butler stats At .271 and 66 RBI are still better production than we have been getting at that spot. That was an off year for him as well.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Love the idea of Victor Martinez. Iffy on Butler, given that he hasn't been particularly good for the last couple of years. Hanley... I'm just not sure where they'd play him, and he's not getting better with age.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
What about trading for Justin Upton? He rejected the trade we made two years ago when we were not a contender, but he has since removed the Mariners from his no-trade clause. He would likely cost less in trade now since he is a free agent after the 2015 season.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1mn24lys said:
Saw regarding Troy Tulowitzki
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-rockies-have-discussed-a-tulo-trade/ar-AA7v68F?ocid=U142DHP

He prefers to play for a contending west coast team. The M's are not that far away as contenders and this guy could help that. If you were the GM would you make an offer for Troy T and what type of offer woul you make? Sounds like they are seeking a #1 prospect. Would you throw a deal like Walker and Saunders for him?
It would take much much more than Walker and Saunders or it would have been done already. Not trying to be snarky and I love Walker's potential, but the Rox would be giving him away at that price.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
V-Mart back with the Tigers. 4 years, $68 million.

I think the M's are going to go for Butler hard now.

OP
OP
D

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1eyont6m said:
hawkfan68":1eyont6m said:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-rockies-have-discussed-a-tulo-trade/ar-AA7v68F?ocid=U142DHP

He prefers to play for a contending west coast team. The M's are not that far away as contenders and this guy could help that. If you were the GM would you make an offer for Troy T and what type of offer woul you make? Sounds like they are seeking a #1 prospect. Would you throw a deal like Walker and Saunders for him?
It would take much much more than Walker and Saunders or it would have been done already. Not trying to be snarky and I love Walker's potential, but the Rox would be giving him away at that price.

Give up Walker? Hell no, Hell no, and HELL NO.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":vw07u7mq said:
Sports Hernia":vw07u7mq said:
hawkfan68":vw07u7mq said:

Give up Walker? Hell no, Hell no, and HELL NO.
I'm not advocating giving up Walker at all, I like him a lot. My only point is it would take him plus a lot more to land TT.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":34dowywo said:
getnasty":34dowywo said:
And Felix get robbed of the cy young.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...orey-kluber-cleveland-indians-named-al-winner

Looking at his stats, Corey Kluber had a heck of a year.

Either way, everyone in Seattle knows what kind of special talent Felix is. I'm glad the Mariners have locked him up for years to come.

Now we need to put the right guys around him so he can experience a postseason run. :thYoda:

yeah, not "robbed"... but a bummer nonetheless. basically the same mentality that went in to giving Felix his first Cy Young probably worked a little against him here.

OP
OP
D

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Congrats to Kluber. But I think Felix should have won it.

This clip is from thebaseballcube.com. It compares both players. You can tell that Hernandez won in pretty much ever major stat.

The only thing that Kluber has the advantage, is that he has more complete games than Hernandez does. But is that stat really the stat that breaks the "stalemate"?

Attachments

• Stats comparison.PNG
    Stats comparison.PNG
    12.2 KB · Views: 3,999

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Uncle Si":su4tjxed said:
Hawksfanatik":su4tjxed said:
getnasty":su4tjxed said:
And Felix get robbed of the cy young.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...orey-kluber-cleveland-indians-named-al-winner

Looking at his stats, Corey Kluber had a heck of a year.

Either way, everyone in Seattle knows what kind of special talent Felix is. I'm glad the Mariners have locked him up for years to come.

Now we need to put the right guys around him so he can experience a postseason run. :thYoda:

yeah, not "robbed"... but a bummer nonetheless. basically the same mentality that went in to giving Felix his first Cy Young probably worked a little against him here.

If people voted for Kluber because Felix had one bad start in September, then yes, he was robbed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
where do you see that Felix lost it because of one bad start in September?

Point is, statistically the two are 1 and 1a. I think Felix shouldve got it. I also believe Grienke should have got it the year Felix did.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3c76qksl said:
where do you see that Felix lost it because of one bad start in September?

Point is, statistically the two are 1 and 1a. I think Felix shouldve got it. I also believe Grienke should have got it the year Felix did.

This was the discussion all over radio and twitter yesterday. Rosenthal basically admitted that is why he voted for Kluber.

Status
Not open for further replies.