Status
Not open for further replies.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Holy Shit..you guys got skinny Montero!

B-T_dXuIIAAGZn4.jpg

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He looks good but I hope he didn't lose power..

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If he could live up to his potential with the bat and play a decent first base, that would be amazing.

getnasty

Reaction score
Man what a bonus that would be if were able to get production out of Montero.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
getnasty":2ft87ox4 said:

He will start in AAA Tacoma, and be there until someone gets hurt.

That said, happy for Jesus. Kind of inspiring to be honest.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Interesting that Jesus is back down to his current weight for the first time since his last year with the Yankees. I knew he was heavy, but didn't realize he only became heavy after he came to Seattle.

The guy was a perennial top-5 prospect with 30-40HR power and is only 25. If his attitude change is genuine, he could resurrect his career in a way I would have never imagined after the ice cream sandwich incident and the PEDs. Would make a great story, and would be a HUGE windfall for the Mariners.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1b435516 said:
getnasty":1b435516 said:
It would be one of the biggest strokes of luck to happen to the Mariners in years.

If anything it'll be interesting to see if Montero can produce, because we really don't know how long he was using PED's.

I blame A-Rod.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3mm2mj93 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3mm2mj93 said:
getnasty":3mm2mj93 said:
It would be one of the biggest strokes of luck to happen to the Mariners in years.

If anything it'll be interesting to see if Montero can produce, because we really don't know how long he was using PED's.

I blame A-Rod.

Spring Training will be interesting.

There's no room for him at the big club right now, so he's really trying to play his way into the 2016 squad, and preparing for any IR call ups.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1buh3tc5 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1buh3tc5 said:
getnasty":1buh3tc5 said:

I blame A-Rod.
Luckily he is still young and has a bit of time.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3e42ip0n said:
Sgt. Largent":3e42ip0n said:
MizzouHawkGal":3e42ip0n said:
getnasty":3e42ip0n said:

I blame A-Rod.

There's no room for him at the big club right now, so he's really trying to play his way into the 2016 squad, and preparing for any IR call ups.

I highly doubt that. If he plays like he's capable of, he'll force the Ms to make room for him

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":23pnq2b7 said:
I highly doubt that. If he plays like he's capable of, he'll force the Ms to make room for him

Yep. Plenty of room, especially at 1st base. Does anyone really believe that Morrison is the answer at 1st base? Montero can play 1st, and DH if Cruz needs a rest or plays the outfield.

But I do think Montero will have to prove it for at least half a season at Tacoma, and then maybe get called up after the All Star break.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":28v99xbn said:
Uncle Si":28v99xbn said:
Sgt. Largent":28v99xbn said:
MizzouHawkGal":28v99xbn said:

I blame A-Rod.

If by force that means letting LoMo go? Do you guys remember how well Morrison played at the end of last year?

Truth is, noone knows what Montero's capabilities are, as he's never really flashed them. We are speculating he is still that prospect from the Yankees. He's not. He's 25. Its a shocking turn around for him. But its a long way to go before he's that guy we traded Pineda for.

I'm happy he's made this change in his life, and he certainly provides options for the M's, especially if he develops throughout the year. But it is highly unlikely he breaks with the big club this season outside a late season call up or filling in for IR'd players. If he mashes in Tacoma and someone struggles, perhaps you can make a move. But that means moving a major league contract to AAA, which usually means that player simply refuses to go and requests to be dropped.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Michael Saunders is out until the All-Star break with a torn meniscus suffered by tripping over a sprinkler head during drills.

He's starting to feel like a less-dynamic Franklin Gutierrez. Talented player who just cannot ever, ever, ever stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts