Mariners Spring Training - 2023...

Ruminator

Reaction score
Well hope they dont trade any pitching. We need Flexen if Marco is throwing cheese show some life back at the rotation or else we will be seeing a new starter or two.
In other news the red sox braves game ended with a batter box violation (not alert or something). LOL.

So batters are now required to be in a ready-for-pitch batting stance within a time limit?

NoGain

Reaction score
Who are the down on the farm guys now who have realistic shot of either making the team, or getting called up before, say, the all star break? I'm talking about guys who have never played at the ML level, or only sniffed it.

Mix

Reaction score
Cade Marlowe’s home run was impressive. The kid has lit up the minors the last 2 years. Has power, BA, and speed.
He looks like the real deal. It's pretty great when your organization has non highly touted prospects rise through the ranks as they finally have developed beyond their projections.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Believe it or not but the Ms have competition at left field. Kelenic, Pollack, Martin, Marlow, Perez Jr (what) are off to hot starts. One of those guys would DH but still.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Believe it or not but the Ms have competition at left field. Kelenic, Pollack, Martin, Marlow, Perez Jr (what) are off to hot starts. One of those guys would DH but still.
I don't buy it. Plus, Servais and DiPoto don't want a full time DH. They want to use it rotationally to rest guys. I kind of like that plan. It's the first day of March, get real. JK and Pollack will be the guys in LF.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I don't buy it. Plus, Servais and DiPoto don't want a full time DH. They want to use it rotationally to rest guys. I kind of like that plan. It's the first day of March, get real. JK and Pollack will be the guys in LF.
Exactly what I'm saying I worded that post wrong..... competition in left field helps rotate the DH around. Kelenic on a short leash so I could see them plugging in Marlow or Martin why not.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Exactly what I'm saying I worded that post wrong..... competition in left field helps rotate the DH around. Kelenic on a short leash so I could see them plugging in Marlow or Martin why not.
That I can see. It's the first week of spring training, things will sort themselves out.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Murph and McCoy, have a day. Marco bounced back. Kelenic another hit. JP said in an interview Kelenic looks like a completely new guy.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Murph and McCoy, have a day. Marco bounced back. Kelenic another hit. JP said in an interview Kelenic looks like a completely new guy.
Figured he'd need a couple of months to get all the crap out of his head. I really think Julio was the issue... Kelenic just trying to hard to keep up with the kid, because you know, Kelenic was to be that guy, and you get that bug in your head and it won't go away. It will be awesome if he comes around. This year, they have some protection.. no shift, plus they have a guy..a guy that can lefties that can platoon for him if need be.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Murph, Kelenic, Pollack all with hits today. Kelenic another bomb. Wong hasn't really looked like an upgrade over Frazier...

Latest posts