Mark Glowinski

Jville

Reaction score
I'm still a fan of Mark Glowinski. He's a good story. A story of opportunity, fit and commitment ...... one day at a time.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Infuriated isn't the word I'd use. I'd say I'm happy for him.

But I believe the part about him being a pro bowl player is factually inaccurate.

McGruff

Reaction score
He actually looked promising for us much of the time, and I was bummed we let him go.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I agree that he looked promising. It all falls on Pete. Pete was loyal to Cable until the end. I am sure that Cable cost us a Superbowl and perhaps another chance at another Lombardi. We had a historical defense, running game, and a young quarterback who was/is on the rise. The thing that held us back year after year was our crappy O-Line. What is even worse is all the wasted draft picks (Cable's guys) in that stretch of time.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
But how and why is cable looking like a good hire for the raiduzz
Just can't figure it out , must be missin something

xray

Reaction score
hawxfreak":1n06okmu said:
Cable is hated in here for some very lame reasons . Same with Bevell . They were instrumental in getting to 2 SBS . Cable gets the blame for draft picks that didn't work out. Those draft picks were approved by Carrol & Schnieder ; who both have made some bad picks themselves . Should they be fired too ? The present OL coached by Solari is not taking the league by storm . If the Hawks don't make the playoffs because of the OL ; will Solari be fired ?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
xray":tbufgyfq said:
hawxfreak":tbufgyfq said:
Cable is hated in here for some very lame reasons . Same with Bevell . They were instrumental in getting to 2 SBS . Cable gets the blame for draft picks that didn't work out. Those draft picks were approved by Carrol & Schnieder ; who both have made some bad picks themselves . Should they be fired too ? The present OL coached by Solari is not taking the league by storm . If the Hawks don't make the playoffs because of the OL ; will Solari be fired ?

The present OL coached by Solari led the league in rushing last year and this year has the top rated passer in the league. They seem to be functioning better than the Cable OL's.

We all said if we can get at least an average OL our offence will be solid. Guess what, we have an average OL and our offence is solid. It's really the defense that is our weak spot this season.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
hawxfreak":natfay6h said:

What are you talking about? The year before they hired rhymes-with-unable, the ray-duhs had argueably the best O-line in the NFL. Under his guidance and tutelage they are in a damn free-fall towards the bottom. Every year under rhymes-with-unable our o-line grew steadily worse as he un-coached the players already here, and replaced formerly decent O-linemen with converted d-linemen, opera singers, basketball players, and truck drivers. Because all of those people didn't have bad habits that he needed to un-teach. You know, habits like providing run blocking and pass protection. Duane Brown grew steadily worse in his first year here as rhymes-with-unable performed his guru magic on him.

xray

Reaction score
Mad Dog":12ffp2m5 said:
xray":12ffp2m5 said:
hawxfreak":12ffp2m5 said:

The present OL coached by Solari led the league in rushing last year and this year has the top rated passer in the league. They seem to be functioning better than the Cable OL's.

We all said if we can get at least an average OL our offence will be solid. Guess what, we have an average OL and our offence is solid. It's really the defense that is our weak spot this season.
Solari sucks with coaching pass protection ...don't give credit to Solari for Wilson's play . He can do it without Solari .

Fade

Reaction score
Glow was one of my guys going into the draft. So, I of course was very excited when Seattle selected him. I then proceeded to watch him get worse every year under Cable.

I am happy for him, he found a new team, and became the player I knew he could be.

I am also over the moon that Cable is gone forever. F-O-R-E-V-E-R. :D

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect the team would like a do over with Glowinski, there are all sorts of reasons why players are released by teams and many don't include playing ability.

Sherman, Bennett, Harvin, and a laundry list of others have moved on. I'm happy for Glowinski he's found success in Indie, too bad it didn't happen here.

Mick063

Reaction score
Give me Nelson instead.

The best run blocker I have seen in a long, long time. Drives his man off the TV screen. Would be a perfect fit in Pete's offense.

Glow just benefits from the players around him, as well as his experience and continuity.

Individual talent is important for offensive linemen. Continuity, keeping the same offensive line intact, is almost as important as well.

It is like synchronized swimming. Only one swimmer needs to be a little off to make the whole show appear totally off.

Of course it can backfire. I think the only reason Ifedi is starting is because of continuity. This is where the individual talent comes in.