DK - just saying.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

I'm just sayin. Keep seeing more and more stuff like this, and keep feeling it myself.

Is this another DIVA thread? Nope. But parts of it are. In another related article recently - DK himself mentions that "The refs have stopped talking to me."

Remember when I said Geno needs to watch it with the refs? Well, seems like DK is/has crossed a line with them.

I see lots of drops. I see lots of 'rounded routes' leading to a recent interception - (top billin' highlights). I see LOTS of yelling at the refs - and him getting the bad end of it. I'm not saying he's going anywhere. And I'm not saying he's full DIVA mode either.

I like the dribblin' heads top billin' video too - but I just with he'd get his shit under control. I get it: queue the "At least he plays with f***ing passion - I'd take 100 players like this". Sure -

The point: Is he ever gonna finish growing up? Thought he had it earlier in the year (I said 1/2 grown up) - but maybe that's the earlier wins covering up issues. Is it just the loss streak talking here?

I would like him to stop it.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He's let the team down in terms of leadership this year.

At the start of the season, Carroll had mentioned how DK had matured and was stepping up as an offensive team leader (I can't find the source, just going off memory from Mike Salk show).
In that aspect, he has not only disappointed the team, his coach and Jerhawk, but has taken a step back.

His numbers on the other hand are on par with his past seasons. I'm glad he formed a connection with Geno, and I feel with another season with Geno those numbers would only get better.

Maturity comes with age and experience. Some have it and some don't. He's still very young, so I'm not about to give up on him in that asepct

hawkfan68

Reaction score

I'm just sayin. Keep seeing more and more stuff like this, and keep feeling it myself.

Is this another DIVA thread? Nope. But parts of it are. In another related article recently - DK himself mentions that "The refs have stopped talking to me."

Remember when I said Geno needs to watch it with the refs? Well, seems like DK is/has crossed a line with them.

I see lots of drops. I see lots of 'rounded routes' leading to a recent interception - (top billin' highlights). I see LOTS of yelling at the refs - and him getting the bad end of it. I'm not saying he's going anywhere. And I'm not saying he's full DIVA mode either.

I like the dribblin' heads top billin' video too - but I just with he'd get his shit under control. I get it: queue the "At least he plays with f***ing passion - I'd take 100 players like this". Sure -

The point: Is he ever gonna finish growing up? Thought he had it earlier in the year (I said 1/2 grown up) - but maybe that's the earlier wins covering up issues. Is it just the loss streak talking here?

I would like him to stop it.
C'mon now folks....you know if he ever grew up we'd have to rename him to "Metcow". That just doesn't sound as good as Metcalf now does it?

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Oh brother.........here we go again.
More obsessing over DK.................o_O
It's shocking how overly sensitive much of this fanbase has become. Do you DK, some of us actually appreciate you.
Damn it's cold outside. Thanks a lot, DK.
Well - I appreciate your comments - but

'Talking' about something isn't 'obsessing' about something. He's literally 1/3 of our only hope on the offense against KC. He's also one of our highest paid players and was expected to have a leadership (non-tantrum) season.

I wasn't shouting "terminate DK" from the rooftops.

What I was saying, is that it's gotten worse - particularly in the last slide stretch here. You can see where it started: Munich. And it's been here since. Tone of his pressers changed then too. Go back and watch.

'Personality' is great. It's fun. It's neat to watch. Right up until it hurts the team every game. He obviously (and in other threads) needs to get over himself and get with the program. That wasn't my question. My question was 'will he'. With a followup 'is it simply the losses talking'. An extrapolated version of this would be: "How much leash does PC give him before reigning him in" - but that wasn't part of it.

THAT'S what I was trying to allude to - and in a non 'obsessive' way ;) Respectfully.

Polk738

Reaction score
Nope I fully agree 100% with the OP, DK is both an exciting and frustrating player at the same time-Considering his physical attributes I sometimes feel like he doesn't take full advantage of them especially when he gets punked by smaller corners and refuses to contend for 50/50 balls. His route running is pretty subpar as well, DK is a good reciever but considering what he has, he should be great not just good.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I find it funny that some fans don't want a player to show some personality on the field because it is showing up the ref & will hurt the team but are usually the same people that want their players & especially their coaches to just put refs on blast after every game in their press conferences like this would somehow be helpful.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nope I fully agree 100% with the OP, DK is both an exciting and frustrating player at the same time-Considering his physical attributes I sometimes feel like he doesn't take full advantage of them especially when he gets punked by smaller corners and refuses to contend for 50/50 balls. His route running is pretty subpar as well, DK is a good reciever but considering what he has, he should be great not just good.
Great post. I thought DK's trajectory after his 2020 season would be more equal to where AJ Brown is at currently. I thought he would take the #1 WR role on the team and put a stranglehold on it. Lockett is the #1 WR on the Seahawks currently.

DK is catching less TDs this season than he did last year or in 2020. Maybe that will change with the remaining 3 games. With that said he does have 79 receptions and should hit the 1000 yards receiving mark soon.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
This upcoming game is DK's debut of a sort as the premiere receiver, sans the injured Lockett.

Will he shine, fade, or be overshadowed by Marquise Goodwin?

Best case scenario, DK steps up to the challenge, catches everything thrown to him and removes the lingering doubt some fans(including myself) have about him long-term.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
So it was DK vs Kelce.

DK: 7 for 81 yds
Kelce: 6 for 113 yds

Not horrible, but this is the competition he needs to play up to.

He didn't keep up.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yeah , not for what they're paying him.
He also makes 1-2 really stupid plays per game . Personal fouls etc...

Chuckwow

Reaction score
He's a 15 per guy, max. For the life of me I can't figure out the criteria used by JS and PC when determining how much to pay these players. .....And they wouldn't pay Bobby 9?

I like Dk a lot, but still I'd consider a mid first in exchange for him.